Aberdeen v Motherwell 13/08/2022

SteelmaninOZ

I think the stars are going to align for this one as Van Veen is due his one terrific performance in five and it's against his favourite opposition as well. In all seriousness they have spent a fair amount on players this season, I'm not really familiar with many of them. They seem to have brought in quite a few loans as well, I think a guy from Liverpool, one from Middlesbrough and of course the Celtic one they had a protest about. In the last three season we have had a great record against them only losing 2 of 9 games. Obviously I want to win but if we come away with a point I wouldn't be disheartened at that either. Hopefully we know what's happening on the manager front by the time this fixture rolls around.

• Like 1

On the football front, I think that Aberdeen have been a team we have fared well against because they always play an attacking game against us that allows our strikers to have room, especially KVV, unlike many other teams who sit in and wait for us to fuck up. This time unfortunately I think that Aberdeen have improved enough to get a result - hopefully I’m wrong. 

6 hours ago, Big Stall said:

Given that we all rightly expect a scudding here, it would be superb if we done them over!

Maybe even some of our 2017 Thunderdome tactics to really stick it to Willie Miller and co.

Mon the 'well!

I think We'll win Aberdeen are the only team in the league we seem to do 1 over on more often than not

1 hour ago, David said:

It's been a while since we gave someone a right good doing, so why not Aberdeen?

1-3 to the good guys.

Team time. Getting harder each week. This would get us the 3-1 win.

Ummmm let's do something a bit different.

Kelly

McGinn Mugabi Sol

O'Donnell Slattery Goss Spittal Cornelius

Van Veen  Coyne/Arnott

51 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Team time. Getting harder each week. This would get us the 3-1 win.

Ummmm let's do something a bit different.

Kelly

McGinn Mugabi Sol

O'Donnell Slattery Goss Spittal Cornelius

Van Veen  Coyne/Arnott

Instead of Bevis can we get big Shaun "Heid" Hutchinson back for one game? His last game for us in 2014 up there was memorable.....as was Craig Reid's winner from 5 inches

When Tierney came on at the weekend we changed to a 4231 formation and we seemed to get more joy going forward, it was refreshing to see a different tactical approach. If we stick to the 433 I would suspect the same players lining up. 

Kelly

McGinn Mugabi Solholm O'Donnell

Slattery Goss

Shields Spittal Morris

Van Veen

I still don't know what to make of Aberdeen as of yet, like Joe Lewis the new keeper Kelle Roos loves a clanger but quite a few unfamiliar faces.

Aberdeen have recruited a lot of players and spent big over the Summer as Goodwin has put his own stamp on the squad, however none of that will matter as a 'Well squad buoyed by the appointment of Stevie Hammell and led by Kevin Van Veen up top will dig out a 2-1 win to keep our fairly decent run against them in recent times going.  In all seriousness though they seem to be quite robust at the back now and have plenty pace on the wings. Three points would be tremendous, I wouldn't be disheartened with a draw, tough contest no doubt.