Aberdeen v Motherwell 13/08/2022

SteelmaninOZ

Not sure what the formation or tactics will be. Goss probably played as well as I’ve seen him play when he went into the middle of the park last week. So do we have Goss and Slattery as two playmakers? McGuire defensive mid? O’Donnell wide right, Morris wide left? 
Effords instead of Shields?? Add in Tierney and just go with KVV up front?? 
Spittal instead of Morris? 
Lots of choices(headaches) for the new boss. Be interested to see how he approaches the game, who he picks and how we line up. 

Kelly

McGinn  Mugabi   Sol

O’Donnell    McGuire    Morris
                   Slattery    Goss

Shields  KVV

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Not sure what the formation or tactics will be. Goss probably played as well as I’ve seen him play when he went into the middle of the park last week. So do we have Goss and Slattery as two playmakers? McGuire defensive mid? O’Donnell wide right, Morris wide left? 
Effords instead of Shields?? Add in Tierney and just go with KVV up front?? 
Spittal instead of Morris? 
Lots of choices(headaches) for the new boss. Be interested to see how he approaches the game, who he picks and how we line up. 

Kelly

McGinn  Mugabi   Sol

O’Donnell    McGuire    Morris
                   Slattery    Goss

Shields  KVV

Thats certainly the general shape of team I'd be going with    Cornelius , Tierney and as you mentioned Spittal could all start. 

For now Goss is our best creative midfielder, I'd like to see him afforded the opportunity to create (don't expect him to chase back etc) .  

Longer term I can't see a place for Mugabi, Sol, Maguire, Morris, Shields, Efford within the starting 11.  

be great to see a bit more cohesion as a team, signs that we're moving forward. 

Given the investment Aberdeen have put in expect them to win,  which if the outplay us and score hard earned goals fair play to them.  Want to avoid the typical brain fart , easy goal give away but for that we need some personal changes. 

47 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Sorry bud.

I will try be more negative in future.

Nothing wrong with being positive mate. Nothing at all. Indeed I love a bit of positivity and am fully supportive of Steven Hammell as manager.

I just hated that “We are all Stuart McCall” pish that we got back in the day. It’s up there with ‘FHW’ in the cringeworthy, toe-curling abominable patter stakes.

Neither of them top “We exist to improve people’s lives” mind you. If the media team changed that to “We exist to wipe people’s arses” it wouldn’t be any more or any less pointless or ridiculous.

• Sad 1

With what we have available I think this is what I would have gone with. Hoping a change of shape as well. After seeing Goss play more centrally in the 2nd half last week, it may work to have both him an Slattery centrally.

Think Aberdeen will have too much for us today, but a good performance would give us some encouragement for the next couple of winnable games.

FEC4DB0E-4F3E-4376-9717-C52D3892AB89.png