Motherwell v Livingston 20/08/2022

SteelmaninOZ

I cannot like Livi due to their atrocious plastic pitch, but I remain impressed by how much they punch above their weight. Notwithstanding, as the game is at FP and now that we seem to have figured out how to play football under Hammy, I think we should win this one. We should be ending next weekend with 9 points from 12. 

7 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Lamie for Mugabi and hopefully another 3pts but no doubt will be very tough

It will be tough but if we play as we did yesterday a defeat may not have been as predictable as it previously was. That said their big centre forward looks a handful so our defence will need to perform better than it has of late.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, weeyin said:

According to the record books the last time Livi beat us at Fir Park was 25th October 2002. I don't see that changing (although a draw would not surprise me).

I remember it well, it was a freezing cold day and they only had five shots each and everyone ended up in the net with Khaled Kemas getting one for us. We did get revenge late in the season when we beat 6-2. 

Looking forward to the game, no doubt Livi will be a tough but to crack but hopefully were will see more of this attacking approach we saw on Saturday. We tried to sign two players on Friday so it'll be interesting to see if we will have any new faces in soon.

Tough game, as they always are against Livvy. But definitely one we should be looking to win at home. I always think a draw at their place with the plastic pitch is a great result, but at home on grass with renewed confidence we need to target 3 points. If we get them it starts to look a very good start to the season. Hopefully a couple of new faces in this week as well just to give the whole place another wee lift.

Big Obileye at the back for Livi eats up any high balls so it'll be another day for getting the ball down and playing some football. 

As others have said we were a surprise package on Saturday and Goodwin couldn't deal with it. Martindale is a shrewd manager and will have a plan to frustrate us but hopefully we can score early again and put the pressure onto them.

If Lamie is back, I'd go with him and Mugabi in the middle as they can both handle themselves when it gets physical. Sol is a big lad, but he doesn't really put himself about like those two and he's not the fastest to turn and chase balls in behind.

• Like 1

If we win this one then we will have won as many league matches in less than a month than we won under Alexander from December ‘21 until May ‘22.

It’ll be tight and it’ll be scrappy but I think we’ll shade it 2-1.

Despite Livi’s poor record at Fir Park - P17  L10  W4  D3 - they will still be a hard nut to crack.

I believe this game will provide a truer yardstick for us as they are one of the sides I consider to be in our peer group in the league.

Hoping for a good positive performance and hopefully a win.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:09 AM, joewarkfanclub said:

Tough game, as they always are against Livvy. But definitely one we should be looking to win at home. I always think a draw at their place with the plastic pitch is a great result, but at home on grass with renewed confidence we need to target 3 points. If we get them it starts to look a very good start to the season. Hopefully a couple of new faces in this week as well just to give the whole place another wee lift.

McKinstry in.

Announce Snoddy! 

As marginally better as lamie is over mugabi and sol, I don't think he should walk right back into the team considering he nearly sold the jerseys with the tackle that led to the suspension.

I'd prob go with the team that started last week, as I don't think anyone made a case for being dropped.