Dundee Utd

milo

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought we were on top in the first half , but always looked suspect when defending cross balls. We had a few chances before getting the opener. Sheridan should have had it wrapped up before half time.

Start of the second half we looked like a different team and the intro of Sandaza seemed to swing thing United's way.

Got ourselves infront and battled hard for the three points.

Delighted as our top six hopes nevermind our European hopes would have suffered a massive blow if we had failed to win.

Great result for us. Thought United were denied a stonewall penalty in the second when Klimpl brung one of their players down? Caddis was it? The move for the first goal was brilliant as well but Sheridan should have buried the game in the first if it wasn't for Kenneth's clearence off the line. Shout out to Quinn and Hughes. Both were superb today!

Pity about Hibs winning mind you!

Swanson according to radio, I didn't see it from best angle but thought it looked worth a shout. Made our goal all the sweeter. :)

Thought we were the better team over the 90, a dodgy spell early 2nd half but we created the better chances but game certainly could have went either way.

Was the most open game I've seen in ages. THe defending wasn't great at times but the wind was making it really tough - can only assume that is how our second goal came about. Sheidan and Sutton should both have scored their one on ones and taht would have made us more comfortable but the result is what mattered today and we did enough to grind it out.

Thought he had got rid of that from his game recently. Silly booking for him.

Can't wait to see this incident. From where I was sitting looked to have been fouled, be interesting to see again. Certainly didn't dive, typical arse Brines who had another shocker.

Good game, though I'd have felt aggrieved had we not won. Completely dominated the first-half, should have been 3 or 4 up, and they were the better side for the first part of the second. However, overall, we thoroughly deserved 3 points. Next two games crucial without doubt.

From where we were it looked a very obvious dive from Clarkson.

Anyway, good three points and a good performance for the majority of the match. Should have had it won by half time but took a while to get going in the second half which almost cost us the points. Thought Shuggy was Man of the Match as he ran the show in the middle of the park.

Interestingly enough, there's no one on the radio greeting about the pitch this week even although it's the same, if not worse, than the Celtic game. Wonder why? :)

Interestingly enough, there's no one on the radio greeting about the pitch this week even although it's the same, if not worse, than the Celtic game. Wonder why? :)

because we're moany, truth shy bastards, and we had to find something to shift the focus from our inadequecy in front of goal.

I don't blame the pitch, I blame your goalkeeper. How dare he fucking save the baw

I thought apart from a 10-15 minute spell at the beginning of the second half we dominated the game. If Sheridan had hit the ball harder (as he should have done) we'd have been 2-0 up and it would have been a long way back for DU then. Poor miss.

After DU equalised (deserved) Sutton put clean through by Hughes missed another sitter. Poor miss at vital stage of the game. That would've been 3-1 and game over.

As for DU penalty claim I didn't see it (a la Wenger) however any whingeing from their manager and players should be carefully tempered by the fact that they should have finished the game with 9 men. Gomis lifted his hands and slapped Quinn in the face - a straight red AND Wilkie deliberately punched the ball on the stand side later on - another straight red.

Sure the refereee was diabolical (Brines always is) but I think DU more than came out on the credit side with him today and Levein would do well to take a balanced look at things.

Should have been 3-1 up at half-time and in the end were lucky to win 2-1.

For me though, the day soured by more crazy stewarding/police action against standing. I've supported the club for nearly 20 years and these muppets are making me think about not attending home matches.

I reckon at one point today, we had around 10 stewards and a 2 policemen surrounding one person for standing. The lad in question was causing no offense to anyone in the surrounding area or blocking anyone's view.

If something serious actually did happen in the East Stand, it would be interesting to see how long it took them to get to the incident because they are too busy fannying around the bottom two sections.

I'm struggling to understand the visiting fans and their manager who said they deserved something on their second-half showing. For the first half of the second they were the better team, wouldn't deny that, but beforehand only one team in it, and that second part of the latter 45 we came right back into things. To have just a quarter of the game and think you deserved at least (and they reckon more) a point is madness I think. Levein said "When you've got the captain of the opposition team telling you he thought it was a penalty then it's quite galling (did he????). "These things happen and you just have to deal with it. What's happened, has happened. "I take great heart from the way we played today; particularly in the second half. "Fir Park is a hard venue to get anything from. But I think we controlled the game for long spells. :) "We had some great chances but it just wasn't to be our day today.

"I'm very proud of our players and their application. I can't point the finger of blame at the players."

I reckon at one point today, we had around 10 stewards and a 2 policemen surrounding one person for standing. The lad in question was causing no offense to anyone in the surrounding area or blocking anyone's view.
I didn't think we were allowed to stand. Maybe it was something to do with that :)

Just listened to McGhee's interview on Radio Scotland. Seems like he was happier with the points than the performance. Excellent 3 points though and keeps us moving the right way through the chasing pack for 4th.

Nah, Murdo MacLeod had his wee dig about it.

A fantastic three points today although as said earlier we should have had it won by half time. We nearly threw it away by not starting the secondhalf until 15 minutes in but a well-deserved victory in what could turn out to be a crucial game.

From my seat in the Cooper I thought Clarky was fouled rather than dived and Sutton was incredibly unlucky with his 1 on 1 near the end. He was about to it it when it bobbled away from him so he had to take an extra step giving the keeper enough time to narrow the angle. Still, delighted both he and Clarky scored (Cheers Zaliuska for some shocking goalkeeping).

Great game from most especially McLean, Quinn and Hughes, who looks like the heart and soul of this team and is covering every blade on the park each and every week.

Huge result, we made it hard for ourselves but there was only one team today deserving of a win.

Oh and Brines is the worst ref I've ever seen. Get him tae fuck! :(

Agree with everyone else who thought the Arabs only had about 15 minutes of fame today in the second half. Really enjoyed the game, nice to see us trying to play some footy despite the wind, highllights for me were big Stretch who I though was great at RB, Hughes who ran the show in the middle, and Coach didny look to bad at RM, only other time he played there it was a disaster. Buzz did well with one save also from the Swanson first-time volley, get the feeling it'll look more impressive on the highlights. Both Sutton and Sheridan had the proverbial cows a**se/banjo moments today, had we drawn it'd be harder to take though. Oh aye, Clarkys booking - he was clearly clothes-lined by one of their defenders, think Brines was well and truly behaving to type today.

Should have been 3-1 up at half-time and in the end were lucky to win 2-1.

For me though, the day soured by more crazy stewarding/police action against standing. I've supported the club for nearly 20 years and these muppets are making me think about not attending home matches.

If something serious actually did happen in the East Stand, it would be interesting to see how long it took them to get to the incident because they are too busy fannying around the bottom two sections.

Rules are rules!

Some pricks just need to grow up and sit the fuck down when told to do so! :)

Back to the game, important result with good performances from Mclean and Hughes. With Hughes jumping into tackles all over the pitch as well as being part of almost ever attack. Perhaps the kind of performance to earn him a call up. The winning goal was all the sweeter with Levein throwing a wobbler on the touchline.

Today's results really bring 4 sides right into the race for 4th place. Nearly every team in the league will be fighting for something, good to see.

Well deserved 3 points for the Dossers - we had a good few opprotunities to put the game out of sight, and could quite easily have had another Tannadice result :) .

Sandanza gave them a bit of impetus at the strat of the 2nd, but as usual with Utd, the only time I was woried was at set pieces due to their height :(

Get the feet on the ground for next week, and all could fall into place nicely :(

MON RA DOSSERS