Dundee Utd

milo

Not for the first time this season, the refereeing was diabolical today. Brines started off giving a lot of very soft free kicks both ways and was very petty throughout. The one that really puzzled me though was when a Motherwell and Dundee Utd. player clashed on the South Stand byeline and both fell down. Brines held his hands to say there was no foul and to play on. Hammell picked up the loose ball and ran towards the front post when Brines decided it was a foul to Utd. after all. I sit in the Cooper Stand so was a long way away so can anyone nearer the incident cast any light on it, or was Brines just trying to avoid the controversy that would have arisen if we had scored?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for the first time this season, the refereeing was diabolical today. Brines started off giving a lot of very soft free kicks both ways and was very petty throughout. The one that really puzzled me though was when a Motherwell and Dundee Utd. player clashed on the South Stand byeline and both fell down. Brines held his hands to say there was no foul and to play on. Hammell picked up the loose ball and ran towards the front post when Brines decided it was a foul to Utd. after all. I sit in the Cooper Stand so was a long way away so can anyone nearer the incident cast any light on it, or was Brines just trying to avoid the controversy that would have arisen if we had scored?

Right in front of me, and it is how you viewed it. Exactly.

I'm afraid Mr Brines believes he is the star of the show, knowing nobody who has ever attended footy to watch the referee, his supervisory staff should have had this nipped in the bud. And a Cyndi Lauper to boot! ACAB :D

Guest 'Flow
Don't think anyone has mentioned this, but for once the curse of the manager of the month award hasn't bitten us in the bollocks thank fcuk. :D

No, we had the leveller of BBC Alba there!

6 games... 5 wins and 1 draw :D

Now, all we need to do is finally put this Setanta curse to bed. Fingers crossed for this Saturday then?

'Flow

I think when fitba' fans sit down and no-one tries to create any atmos you and folk like you will complain about how quiet it is.

Fans are too conditioned to obeying the rules these days, we got no choice over sitting down so anyone who bucks the trend gets my backing.

:D

My point was, most of the folk that are standing aren't creating an atmosphere, but standing there not saying a peep. Thats what I have a problem with, then when they're told to sit down, they play up, as if they're out looking for trouble.

These trend buckers and rule breakers that you're talking about, they the same ones that destroyed a number of seats at Tynie? Which freedom fighters is it that get your backing?

What other rules are we fans obeying that you believe we should be fighting?

Right in front of me, and it is how you viewed it. Exactly.

I'm afraid Mr Brines believes he is the star of the show, knowing nobody who has ever attended footy to watch the referee, his supervisory staff should have had this nipped in the bud. And a Cyndi Lauper to boot! ACAB :D

Thats a bit harsh....... thought better of you :D

But agreed he is a tit of the highest order. How he deserves £1k for that performance i will never know. A joke of a man...

Brilliant effort... couldn't make it thorugh yesterday and thought it had finished 1-1. Just looked on BBC and it's 2-1.

Just a shame Hibs wone.

Good victory though and if we make the top six we've clawed a few points back to help us get 4th.

Where was this 'nalty claim, just before the 2nd goal? I seem to recall a wee guy going down rather easily on the edge of our box but they were given plenty fouls for dives so they would even out if that one turns out to be an actual foul when reviewed.

I can't believe you're saying that FC. According to Andrew Smith, writing in the Scotland on Sunday, EVERYONE in the ground (and that included you) apart from Brines thought it was a penalty. :D

Journalists can be a bit patronising at times eh? I can only assume he didn't consult you before writing on your behalf.

Wasn't at the game yesterday but a very very important result for us. Hibs winning made the game a must win and I honestly didn't expect to take more than a point from the game.

How did JOB get on yesterday? Read on the bbc news report that he set up both goals? He's turned himself into an integral part of our team these days. No bad considering the pelters he used to get!

Great result, and just about deserved overall. We should have been further in front at half time but United improved a lot in the second half, so I'm chuffed that we managed to win. Pity Hibs won too but you canny have everything can you?!!

:huh:

My point was, most of the folk that are standing aren't creating an atmosphere, but standing there not saying a peep. Thats what I have a problem with, then when they're told to sit down, they play up, as if they're out looking for trouble.

These trend buckers and rule breakers that you're talking about, they the same ones that destroyed a number of seats at Tynie? Which freedom fighters is it that get your backing?

What other rules are we fans obeying that you believe we should be fighting?

I haven't had the benefit of watching them constantly like you seem to have so have to bow to your superior powers of vigilance on the issue. Watching the game and having my attention drawn to them on the few occasions it did I saw young lads in the section where the only noise comes from in the entire stadium being pulled up.

If you're going to resort to ridiculous comparisons about freedom fighters I can only surmise you don't have much else to argue about so I'll be on my way.

Pitch is that-a-way

Haven't seen any re-run of the game, but must admit for a second or two after the guy went down (just before Clarky's goal) I was waiting on the whistle. If it had been at the other end, I would probably have went nuts at that pr!ck Brines, but there have been coutless times over the years where these instances have worked in reverse, so to get the rub of the green for once is pleasing.

Anyone get a good look at the run of play that led to Clarky's booking - one thing that sticks in my mind is the lack of reaction fron the Utd lad when Clarky went down :huh: more often than not, the 'offending' player usually has a right go at the player going down when there was nothing in the incident - tell its own story ?

MON RA DOSSERS

Dundee United aren't exactly re-known for bringing a huge support. Even if they brought a thousand that would leave nearly 4,000 'Well fans which is pretty decent for us these days and.....AND WHO CARES WE'VE SCORED!

Yea, and Untd were lucky if they had 400 at the game - so a decent crowd considering the cost/climate yada yada..

Still thinkin' we might see really low ST prices next year to turn these 4500 crowds into 6500 crowds every week..... :huh:

I remember that incident. Unbelievable really. God, I'd love to bump into Brines on a night out!

I haven't had the benefit of watching them constantly like you seem to have so have to bow to your superior powers of vigilance on the issue. Watching the game and having my attention drawn to them on the few occasions it did I saw young lads in the section where the only noise comes from in the entire stadium being pulled up.

If you're going to resort to ridiculous comparisons about freedom fighters I can only surmise you don't have much else to argue about so I'll be on my way.

Pitch is that-a-way

Well done on avoiding the guys main point.

They aren't standing up to create atmosphere, they stand and stay silent, no need to watch them all game to notice this, ears do that job. And when they do sing, :huh:

*builds a fort for the onslaught*

How do you know their not trying to create an atmosphere? trying and just not pulling it off?

Dark age attitude's freedom fighters :huh:

If they were standing not creating an atmosphere but had no stewards or police around them wold it bother you as much?

New age attitude :huh:

Sit down take it. Pay ridiculous prices.come back moan through the internet at the lack of atmosphere and low crowds.

Moan at anyone trying.

Moan at no-one trying.

Hope everyone enjoys what the game has/will turn into.

No season ticket next year from me and a letter explaining why, sent to every club in the SPL and to the SPL know of a few doing the same. We dont expect for the earth to change its axis. just highlight the point further.

Just a thought but how many have walked away from fir park thinking the same and never voiced their point? walked from other grounds? and how many will in the future before anyone realises what is happenning and why?

See the talk of the stewards reacting to incidents.

When the old lady two rows infront was hit with the ball , almost half the section were shouting trying to get the attention of the steward walking down the stairs - he didn't even aknowledge anybody. Completly oblivious to what was going around him.

If someone is drinking from a ginger can or standing up however......

The pitch is not the only thing dead at Fir Park. Atmosphere is almost beyond resuscitation.

Post Hillsborough the authorities wanted football sanitised, and if Fir Park is anything to go by they have achieved their goal.

Why the persecution of a group of young lads trying to be vocal, get behind their team and generate some atmosphere ? FFS

Well done on avoiding the guys main point.

They aren't standing up to create atmosphere, they stand and stay silent, no need to watch them all game to notice this, ears do that job. And when they do sing, :lol:

*builds a fort for the onslaught*

I answered that if you read the response properly. I'm in the next section I can hear some singing regularly throughout the game, shite or otherwise. When my attention is drawn to kids getting pulled up the only I'd know if they were standing silently or not would be if I wacthed them constantly, which I don't, so if you two know that then you must do, otherwise you know as little about the individuals being pulled up as you accuse me of doing.

Highlights finally up.

Our park is actually outrageously bad. I thought it was bad from my view in the East but my God, its 100 times worse from a height. The East Stand wing looks lush though.

But to the highlights, whats Zaluska doing for the 2nd? Poor goal keeping, well played Clarky.

Nice to see how much it means to O'Brien after Suttons goal, noticed at the game how many times he punched the air in delighted. If only Suttons & Sheridans sitters went in goal difference would have looked lovely up against Hibs. Buzz's save from Swanson volley gets better every time you see it, missed the shot at the game but the save looked even better by the highlights - cracking stop!

Chuffed with 3 points. 4 now off Utd & Sheep.

Easy oasy 'Well - 4th place it is! :lol: