Maroš Klimpl

DEWELL

Read in today's Daily Rancid about how Marios Krimpl is hoping to win a longer deal to stay with us now he;s fit. Surely he'll be given his chance on monday night alongside a hopefully fit Steven Craigan and with Quinn {whose been pants this season} suspended why not play Bible Bob at right back and move Mark Reynolds to left midfield. I think that would give us more dig in defensive areas which we've been lacking in recent games ie Hibs and Aberdeen. What do you all think?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the chance, I think Klimpl could well prove to be a very good defender for us. We'll know more after a run in the team, and I think we'll extend the deal until May at least.

Had a superb shot unfortunately blocked in the second half. I thought he was one of the rare plus points tonight. Give him time to get match fit, remembering he's only just back from a fair time off injured (which prior to he hadn't played much).

An improvement on Craigan.

I would seriously disagree with that..

Klimpl was alright, but his tackling was wild, he mishit a fair few kicks of the ball and his positioning was poor. His distribution may be better than Craigan's, but I'd say Craggs is by far the better of the two players.

I would seriously disagree with that..

Klimpl was alright, but his tackling was wild, he mishit a fair few kicks of the ball and his positioning was poor. His distribution may be better than Craigan's, but I'd say Craggs is by far the better of the two players.

Put it this way, The guy kows his way about the park. Given match fitness his positioning will be back. Given that he is the kind of defender we've been crying out for we must seek to keep him here.

Craggs is not good. Espescially when he should be sent off most games for knee capping fast attackers he can't catch.

I thought he fought for everything (sometimes literally) and wasn't scared to get in about it. No-nonsense "it's my ball, fuck you" type. We need that. Shows some promise and I'd like it if we got his loan extended to the end of the season (wouldn't want to buy him just yet, he may be a Jim O'Brien).

One of the few players to show any enthusiasm tonight but didn't look any better than the defenders we already have. Frequently raced out of position, not strong in the air.

Of course you can't judge a player on one performance but I didn't see anything tonight to suggest he'd make a significant difference for us.

A right back? Maybe. A squad player? Maybe. A new rock in central defence? Can't see it so far.

I actually thought he done quite well last night and should definitely get his loan extended.

He may not be tall and able to win a lot of headers BUT he let their attackers know he was there on more than ne occasion.

He knows when to hoof the ball out of defence and when to play it out. He also showed that he can pick a pass as well.

His ball juggling is also good and actually provided at least a bit of entertainment last night, however his overhead kicks are a bit dubious :D

I think him and Craggs might make a decent pairing.

Guest JohnnyDefault

Can't believe some of the comments here - I thought he looked a really accomplished player - one of the few highlights. very promising indeed.

Along with an on for Reynolds or another decent central defender -we'd be taking a big step forward.

I also thought he won more headers than he lost