Maroš Klimpl

DEWELL

thought he looked a bit shakey in the 1st half but settled a bit later on,thought he passed it well when he had the ball rather than just a punt up the park,time will tell i suppose.

prob worth holding on to till the summer to give him a chance

s

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I noticed him get beat maybe 3 times. Not great but but the best of the defence bar Saunders (who BTW is Paul Quinn II).

Unusually nippy and skillful for a centre half, certainly not the big monster centre half I imagined. He could 100% do a job for us, looks a good player and with someone like Craigan beside him (Reynolds no midfield?) he could become great player.

That was my first look at "Krippler" and to be honest, I thought he did alright last night. He was obviously keen to show what he can do and seems to want to repay the club for sticking by him through his injury. Overall I thought his problem was that he tried a bit too hard. He seemed to have a good touch though and a decent passing ability although he struggled a bit with the high ball. Definitely worth another game though and I think the more he plays the more settled he'll get.

Guest JohnnyDefault
Klimpl is a fecking accident waiting to happen.

Based on what?

It's wholly possible that he's the best defender Mark McGhee's ever put in a Motherwell jersey.

Reynolds 08/09? Quinn? Hammell? Craigan? Malcolm @ centre half? Lasley @ right back?

Based on what?

It's wholly possible that he's the best defender Mark McGhee's ever put in a Motherwell jersey.

Reynolds 08/09? Quinn? Hammell? Craigan? Malcolm @ centre half? Lasley @ right back?

Totally agree! Klimpl is no worse than any other player for mistakes. And when was the last night you saw a Motherwell centre half chest a ball down in the 6 yard box and beat his man, or do keepy-uppies with his head then clear it with a bicycle kick? :lol:

Must agree with most on here. Thought he had a decent game, especially since he has just come back from a long time of no playing and in a new league.

As mmmcgary said in the program he looks well agressive! But should give us some of the bite we have been missing. Ive always though reynolds/craigan/hammell are all too 'nice' to be defenders!

On the down side he did seem to miss read a lot of headers and got caught on the wrong side of his man, but there is definately promise there.

Id like to see him beside craigan with reynolds sitting in front of them.

Based on what?

He ran about like a headless chicken for starters. He let the ball bounce before him instead of attacking it first time on numerous occasions, then had to recover from that or let someone else recover it.

Too erratic, gave the ball away a few times, tried to be too fancy, headered the ball straight up in the air a lot, dived in too much, gave away some needless fouls in our half.

And that was just the first half.

Guest JohnnyDefault

I suppose it's the differences of opinion that make football such an enthralling game.

I thought that he delivered one of the best defensive performances I've seen at Fir Park this season.

Though Krimpl and Saunders were the best of a bad bunch last night. Krimpl looked as if he was doing just about everything he could to try and persuade McGee to keep him by running around everywhere trying to do everything, will hopefully settle down if he gets a longer contract - which I hope he does. Would be good to see him and A N other in the centre of defence and Reynolds moved into midfield which is supposed to be his best position anyway.

Saunders looked promising, some excellent tackles. As it was his first game for the first team it was understandable that he made some mistakes and was a bit nervous but his crossing when he calms down a bit could be really useful.

The bit in the first 2nd half when he tried keepie uppie with a few headers then clear it with an overhead kick had me thinking he's the white Benni Kemble.

He was the same sometimes, just so blase. When all you need is a touch to the goalie or boot it away.