Maroš Klimpl

DEWELL

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it leaves Lasley also fighting with Hughes for the right side of the 3 berth. Lasley is good holding but he also has a good engine and can go box to box. At the very least it gives us a bit of depth and other options,something were not exactly high on!

I think it leaves Lasley also fighting with Hughes for the right side of the 3 berth. Lasley is good holding but he also has a good engine and can go box to box. At the very least it gives us a bit of depth and other options,something were not exactly high on!

I can't agree. IF, Klimpl proves to be a solution for midfield, and its a big if IMHO, then Keith would be the one to drop out. He (Keith) is an excellent man marker - maybe the best we've seen at FP for many, many years but no more no less. He lacks pace and has never ever been a box to box player. In most games Hughes would be the natural partner for Klimpl given that he's faster and more creative than Keith. You might change that if its a backs to the wall job though. Unless Keith was unfit yesterday, and given MMcG's comments that doesn't seem to be the case, then he was dropped in favour of Klimpl.

Unless Keith was unfit yesterday, and given MMcG's comments that doesn't seem to be the case, then he was dropped in favour of Klimpl.

Going by comments on here the past few weeks then Lasley certainly seems to have been dropped fairly. Like you, I think Keith is a decent player and, also like you, don't believe he is anywhere near as good as many on here think. If keith wants back into the team and to dislodge Klimpl then the ball is in his court. He knows what he has to do.

Quote from the Official Site "In addition to the fresh faces, Vice-captain Keith Lasley was kept out of the side by Maros Klimpl."

I had seen that as well and wondered what to make of it. The line seems to have been shoehorned in right at the end of the article and doesn't seemed linked to any of McGhee's quotes. I think Klimpl did really well yesterday, we need to keep him especially as other members of the squad will be departing. He breaks up attacks very well and his distribution is very good. Seems to be a good find, still don't fancy him at centre half though.

What I've seen of him so far, I reckon he could be a useful player for us, but not in the back two.

The way things have been going, him and Craigan might be a reasonable partnership, allowing Reynolds to be pushed in to midfield, but as with Craigan, he looks well short of pace, and that would have me trying him in midfield instead, and for the time being, leave Reynolds where he is.

MON RA DOSSERS

I'd like to offer my services to those at FP should the need arise, for a meagre fee (that should be a selling point !) ;)

MON RA DOSSERS

McGhee wants to extend the loan period....

McGhee eyes Klimpl loan extension

Klimpl has six international caps for Slovakia

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee says he expects to extend Maros Klimpl's loan deal at the club.

The Slovak was borrowed from Danish side FC Midtjylland but the current agreement expires on 31 December.

McGhee said: "We are hoping to continue that. I thought he was an anchor in midfield against Inverness.

"And I think Stephen Hughes had his best game for a long time, and I'm not sure that was because of Maros or whether that was a coincidence."

Klimpl arrived at Fir Park in September but has made just four appearances for the Steelmen because of injury.

The player has previously stated his desire to remain with the Lanarkshire club

I think Klimpl showed yesterday he could be class. He's a wee bit rash at times but as I've said before he hadn't played football for ages obviously due to the injury and I think is just a wee bit over eager to show he can do it.

Think he has good passion though and looks like he'll give his all no bother. I like that.

He'd a good game yesterday and looks to be a decent midfield rottweiler, which gives us cover for Lasley (maybe too similar, but Keef has understandably tailed off from his outstanding earlier form) and Boab, who was signed for that purpose. Wee bitty overloaded in that department for our budget to be honest, but it's always nice to have options I suppose, and he gives us cover (albeit debatably not as good as we have) in central defence.

McGhee admitted in the press not so far back during Lasleys in-form period that Malcolm wasny getting in the side due to Lasleys form, and he was signed specifically as a holding midfielder for that purpose. Now that Lasley has shaded, and Klimpl has jumped the queue, I think Boab is in the shoogly nail/expensive luxury category for us. I was also in the open minded camp re Boab, and could see why McGhee signed him - ready made combo with Hughes, physical presence, "I wanted someone that'd jump on folks heads" - however Lasley and Klimpl are to my mind, on their best/potential form, much better options, free-kicks aside. He does give us cover at the back, however so does Klimpl.

McGhee admitted in the press not so far back during Lasleys in-form period that Malcolm wasny getting in the side due to Lasleys form, and he was signed specifically as a holding midfielder for that purpose. Now that Lasley has shaded, and Klimpl has jumped the queue, I think Boab is in the shoogly nail/expensive luxury category for us. I was also in the open minded camp re Boab, and could see why McGhee signed him - ready made combo with Hughes, physical presence, "I wanted someone that'd jump on folks heads" - however Lasley and Klimpl are to my mind, on their best/potential form, much better options, free-kicks aside. He does give us cover at the back, however so does Klimpl.

Aye, but none of them are Vadocz, are they...? :)

Aye, but none of them are Vadocz, are they...? :(

Cruel Melvin, cruel.... :) Seriously, with Boab now looking to be surplus to requirements, it still rankles that McGhee turned down the option when he had it. Vadocz alongside Lasley (or indeed Klimpl) would've been seriously decent, plus 2 million euros (big Krizstians transfer fee from Nijmigen to Ossasuna) would've softened the blow when he did move on. More than we'll get for Porter and Hughes combined I'll wager...

Woo-Hoo!!!!

14:51, January 2, 2009 On-loan defender Maros Klimpl has extended his loan deal and will stay at Motherwell until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old Slovakian international is currently on-loan from Danish side FC Midtjylland and his deal was set to expire in January but Motherwell boss Mark McGhee has opted to retain his services.

Klimpl took a while to settle at Fir Park Stadium, with injuries restricting his appearances for the SPL side.

However, it now looks as if those problems are behind him and he is expected to retain his place in the starting line up when Motherwell travel to St Mirren on Saturday.