The Pitch

AndyRoss

not heard anything about this. I'll ask my brother since he's on the club committee. I very much doubt it will be the senior club as we have games this weekend and train tuesdays and Thursdays. Midis all have games on sunday too. Might be the minis, but don't see them doing much to the pitch!

Further to this post:

All Dalziel games were off yesterday, and when the teams were about to leave Motherwell turned up and started to train on the 1st XV rugby pitch! Suffice to say, they were told where to go!

I very much doubt that the club was asked to train on the pitch to soften it up - why didn't Motherwell just train on it themselves?!

Why not let them train on it? Rugby is a nonsense sport anyway and surely the local professional football club should be made welcome to train if the park is usable?

It's the "nonesense sport" club which provides the very fine facilities for MFC to train on as the "local professional football club" cannot get its act together and source their own.

Why not let them train on it? Rugby is a nonsense sport anyway and surely the local professional football club should be made welcome to train if the park is usable?

read my post again...

Dalziel were supposed to be playing Berwick on the 1st XV pitch and couldn't, because the pitch was un-playable. What gives motherwell the right to train on it, if the rugby club can't play on it?

read my post again...

Dalziel were supposed to be playing Berwick on the 1st XV pitch and couldn't, because the pitch was un-playable. What gives motherwell the right to train on it, if the rugby club can't play on it?

Maybe it wasn't suitable for a first team game of rugby, but surely MFC having a wee kick-about on it wouldn't do any harm?

Not confident about tomorrow due to how little the guys have apparently trained

Large balloon currently on the pitch and floodlights already on according to AndyRoss on the text.

Here's hoping the game tonight goes ahead. Temperature wise i don't think there will be much bother. Perhaps they are just preparing/repairing it after the freezing/thawing that has taken place over the past few weeks.