Motherwell v Kilmarnock (Mon)

Gaag

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for everything to click, and also bury the "live TV hoodoo" that hangs over us in recent years (bar playing Rangers of course, 3 draws out of 4 on TV with them).

3-0 for me, Clarky double and Porter tap in.

I am guessing as per usual MMG will go with Keef at RB, instead of throwing Saunders in.

So..

Smith

Las

Klimpl

Reynolds

Hammell

McGarry

Hughes

Boab

Fitzy

Porter

Clarkson

With Sutton, Murphy in reserve if we need a goal..

Quite confident going into this, at Rugby Park, there was nothing between the side, and if we managed to keep 11 men on the park, we would have got a point or it could have been us that sneaked all 3. With home advantage and no Taouil (hopefully) and Fernandez, then Killie's creativity is non-existant and goal threat as well... so 3 points much needed should stay at Fir Park.

Guest JohnnyDefault
Cambridge Utd mate, they play at the Abbey Stadium, pretty neat and tidy.

Went to the BSquare Play off final at Wembley in the summer, and the two teams took enarly 50,000 fans between them!

Is it no time they were back up in the big leagues?

I remember they used to get it tight in 'The Peterborough Effect' Fanzine from the early days of the GLF fanzine - we struck up a bit of banter with them after they sold us Nick Cusack used to send each other new issues etc. Seemed to be a bit of healthy rivalry there.

Hoping for a good result tonight, but will be happier to see a good performance as well.

2-0 Well, Sutton getting back into scoring ways with a brace.

Team

---------------Buzz----------------

--Saunders--Klimpl--Reynolds--Hammell--

Hughes--Lasley--Muttonheid--Fitzpatrick

----------Clarkie----Sutton-----------

Guest JohnnyDefault
Time for everything to click, and also bury the "live TV hoodoo" that hangs over us in recent years (bar playing Rangers of course, 3 draws out of 4 on TV with them).

3-0 for me, Clarky double and Porter tap in.

I am guessing as per usual MMG will go with Keef at RB, instead of throwing Saunders in.

So..

Smith

Las

Klimpl

Reynolds

Hammell

McGarry

Hughes

Boab

Fitzy

Porter

Clarkson

With Sutton, Murphy in reserve if we need a goal..

Quite confident going into this, at Rugby Park, there was nothing between the side, and if we managed to keep 11 men on the park, we would have got a point or it could have been us that sneaked all 3. With home advantage and no Taouil (hopefully) and Fernandez, then Killie's creativity is non-existant and goal threat as well... so 3 points much needed should stay at Fir Park.

I'd play anybody at right back except Lasley - I think it's a waste of a jersey to be honest DC'd. Lasley's great in the middle - I'd swap him with Boab - in your XI and would find someone else from somewhere (reserves, under 19's Ladies team etc.) to play at right back - just not lasley.

Have quite a good feeling about tonight. It may well take us a good while to make the breakthrough but I think we'll get there in end.

A 90th minute deflected shot that hits the post then rebounds aff Combe's fat arse and back over the line would be an especially fun win to win it.

Be unusual this one for me. I've never watched us live on the telly before when we've been playing at Fir Park. Due to family commitments, I shall be sitting on my arse with Setanta for company. Clearly to get rid of the alien feeling, I'll need to burn a pie for myself and make a cup of tea that looks like dishwater...

and every time you stand up get your wife to till you to sit back down or your getting sent out the livingroom !

I'd play anybody at right back except Lasley - I think it's a waste of a jersey to be honest DC'd. Lasley's great in the middle - I'd swap him with Boab - in your XI and would find someone else from somewhere (reserves, under 19's Ladies team etc.) to play at right back - just not lasley.

I totally agree, that was not my choice to play Keef at RB, I am merely suggesting and predicting what MMG would do, not what I would want to see. Whenever Quinn and McLean are absent then Keef is first choice RB. Especially as Boab was murder back there last season. Cost us two or three goals, Hibs and Utd (both away) spring to mind.

Absolutely bricking it about tonight. Anything less than 3 points is a disaster. Need to get some wins, and some decent performances in asap. Haven't seen anything all season apart from the odd game to suggest this is going to happen, so can only hope the players are fired up to go out turn it around.

Looking forward to tonight... Seems like ages since last game as I was so excited for last Saturday when it looked like a great day, and it was cancelled!

I reckon he will go with,

Smith

Krimpl

Malcolm (Not sure whether he will play Krimpl or Boab at RB)

Reynolds

Hammell

Murphy

Hughes

Lasley

Fitzy

Clarkson

Porter

I would like to see a midfield 3 of Shug/Las/Fitzy with Clarky/Ports/Murphy up front but Im not convinced Mcghee will play that.... I can also see him starting McGarry instead of Murphy but I hope Murphy gets a run out. I have liked McGarry but i think recently he has come undone when those round about him arent playing as well. Murphy gives us a better attacking option and we need to be more attacking tonight. Killie are there for the taking.

3 - 1 Well (Clarky, Hughes and Boab free kick)

If you excuse the Hibs 'blip' our home record is pretty good this season. We've only lost twice at Fir Park since August and the other time was against league leaders Celtic.

On the other hand Kilmarnock have a poor away record, losing 5 out of the last 6 trips away from Rugby Park.

Hopefully there are no major changes in form then! ;)

I think Clarkson coming back will be a big benefit to the side.

I agree with most teams stated and agree that McGhee will no doubt throw Lasley in at RB which gives us no midfield.. ;)

But, I hope to see Saunders play and its hardly like were flinging him into a big game, its Killie at home, fair do's, we need the points but, I hope to see him play!

I do think it will be a great benefit having Clarky back in the team watching him at Celtic Park before he got sent off he gave signs of the player of last year, taking players on and looked confident.. a bit of that tonight and I can see us winning, convincingly!

My team would be:

-----------------Smith-----------------

Saunders---Klimpl----Reynolds---Hammell

-----------------Boab------------------

--------Keef--------------Shug---------

----------------Clarky------------------

---------Porter--------Sutton-----------

I have personally said myself that Porter and Sutton cant work together, not in a 4-4-2 but, with Clarky sitting in there they looked better going forward as a unit.

Honestly doubt MMG will go for that, probably Keef at RB as already said, bring in McGarry ( :D ) to midfield, drop Sutton and play Fitzy too!

But, my prediction for tonight is 3-1 'Well. Clarky on a double and late in the game to seal the win!

Mon the 'Well...

-----------------Smith-----------------

Saunders---Klimpl----Reynolds---Hammell

-----------------Boab------------------

--------Keef--------------Shug---------

----------------Clarky------------------

---------Porter--------Sutton-----------

that would also be my choice. i'm still doubtful that saunders will get the nod. hope you're right fraz.

If we play Keith at right back it'll be worse than a man down! He's not a defender so i think we should get rid of this playing player's out of position nonsense ie. Murphy on the wings or Quinn on the park.

It'll be a tough game tonight, always is hard going against Killie right enough but i think we just have enough to pull through. With them missing their key player this season it could be much easire for Las and Boab in the midfield to break down any Killie attack.

My team would be :

Smith

Saunders

Klimpl

Reynolds

Hammell

Hughes

Las

Boab

Fitzy

Porter

Clarkson

I'd play Hughes out wide as he's capable of getting down the wings and putting in a decent ball for the guys up top. This is something which we've been really lacking this year especially when we have a reasonably tall guy up front who can jump a good bit. Fitzy is also capable of doing the same as Hughes.

Also would like to see last year's partnership of Clarky and Porter back. They worked brilliant together last year and i hope they can regain their form from last season.

Anyway prediction....i think we will win this although it'll be a tight one. 2-1 to the well with both strikers scoring!

Mon The Well.

I can't see anything other than defeat tonight.

We just seem to have no confidence at all. Hope we can turn that around and turn this run of games into wins and move up the table, but with the current squad I just can't see that happening.

Major surgery needed in January!