Motherwell v Kilmarnock (Mon)

Gaag

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its time the SFA handed control over to some c**t that knows what theyre doing because they've had decades to get the scottish game in order and done fuck all to change anything.

Actually the SFA have had almost no power with regards to players and training since the mid 70's when the SFL was formed. The SFA are trying to streamline the whole of Scottish Football. It will not work, because clubs, like Motherwell and the rest of the SPL will not allow it

No but that is not what you said. You said no one could be arsed, but the youngster worked his socks off from start to finish.

Ok, I'll admit I see your point, but he will get dropped for Paul Quinn to come back in! Then we'll be left looking for another positive.

Really fed up after tonight, but as my old man said if the players and manager aren't bothered why should we.

Killie weren't that good tonight, but to be honest they didn't need to be. There was no fight or passion. Also no leader on the park. Lasley has been poor for a few weeks now. Hughes and Boab can go as far as i am corncerned. Hughes is the new Brian Kerr :blink: .

I remeber when Hammell was good, it was ages ago mind you :ph34r: , but he was utter gash tonight.

As for McGhee, the sooner he is away the better. Tonight was the last straw for me. Get someone in who is intrested in the club and not himself.

I'm not looking forward to Saturday. Oh and the hightlight of the night was Hughes been named Man of the Match. Must have been a free bar.

Miserable performance. You could accept the Hibs defeat as they played well and have some special players but that Kilmarnock team tonight was work-a-day.

Too many people at Fir Park have no stake in the future of the club. From the Manager right down through the playing staff there is an atmosphere of running down time until contracts run out. Take Hughes for example, he'd be more use dancing round at half time with the pom-pom girls than in our midfield this season. Jim O'Brien? Are we even sure this guy is a professional footballer? You couldn't even give a man of the match tonight because there wasn't a single player that went beyond mediocre. Jamie Murphy isn't ready for first team football and we have to be really careful we don't spoil the career of a player with a lot of potential. Saunders didn't look out of place and did relatively well but he doesn't look ready for 1st team football either.

There is clearly no plans, no tactics, no confidence, no effort, no appetite in that team right now and at the end of the day the buck stops at the manager.

The season is still salvageable and the doom mongers who love the bad times more than the good times are being a bit premature at this stage but we are entering the crucial period of the season and we need to improve dramatically over the Christmas period or it is going to be a grim looking 2009.

They learn ball control a lot earlier and their parks are some of the best in the world. Not to mention the weather which contributes well to the pitches available.

Agree with you, our weather is not something to be desired in order to play good football, but surely it doesny end there.

If the weather is the best excuse we have for producing sub standard players then we've got no chance.

Spose i'm venturing away from the match itself (and thats what this thread is about) but it frustrates me having to watch, no just motherwell, but every other scottish team, whether in europe or domestically, and every time, see this football being played.

Maybe last year was jst a dream. Malpas/mcleish football has returned to fir park. Hopefully this is a blip and we can freshen our ideas up come january. But its not that far away and i'm hoping mcghee has something up his sleve.

There wasn't a single positive to take out of that tonight.

Young boy did ok but wasn't what I would call positive.. Kimpl made far too many mistakes how many times did he go to challenge and be nowhere near the ball.

Serious questions have to be asked as to what is going on at training - there is no shape to the team at all. We played 4 in midfield yet had no width!!! A blind man can see that Porter and Sutton can't play together.

McGhee OUT!!!

I thought the Hibs game was bad then I realised comparing tonight to then, Hibs actually have good players. Kilmarnock are just pish, they really are!

Do our players 'know' how to cross a ball with 'PACE'?

Actually, do our players know how to play football?

Okay, I know they have lacked training facilities but, to go from footballers to players that seem to be foreign from the game is terrible!

We are bad, very very bad..

Verging on embarrassing!

Ooh and I aint one for singling people out but, McGarry - why, just fucking - WHY?!

Someone tell me what he does, except nothing!

All round disaster!

Finally, Sutton and Porter CANNOT play together, they CANNOT!

Did anyone play tonight ?(Saunders aside) Did anyone actually give 100% ? If McGhee attempts to say we were "good at times" again i think i'll crack up.McGhee shouldn't take the full blame he has a team who are playing well below their standards he cannot help that.However, he can be blamed for us playing a shitty system which does NOT work, If we lose at NDP on Saturday i will truly be disgusted, we may not be a hibs, hearts or an aberdeen but we sure as well aren't a fucking worse team that St Mirren.

If the weather is the best excuse we have for producing sub standard players then we've got no chance.

Mate, you have to understand. We, Motherwell FC are a professional football club and the weather effects our training! What chance do our kids have when a professional club gets fucked when the temperature falls ever so slightly! That's an embarrassment!

I can't be arsed reading what everyone else has written because I just want to vent my own frustration here to save me putting a hole in a hall. I thought the boy Saunders did ok. Klimpl looked utter pish, Reynolds likewise (as usual). Hammell was murder, as he has been since he came back. The midfield actually did ok in spells at the beginning. The wrong substitutions killed us. The new Messiah Murphy didn't do much. We were worth a goal tonight probably, and we should really be walking away from tonight frustated that they held us to a 0-0 draw, but the fact that we couldn't keep hens out a close meant it was another routine home defeat. Kilmarnock are dreadful, had players missing and didn't play well at all, but still never looked like they were going to get anything less than a win, and that is deeply worrying.

Frazzle

all fair and well calling for mcghees head if youve got someone to replace him with.

Personally I will judge MM on his january activity. We need players - and have done for ages now - more injuries will come.

There wont be a lot of money available (which isnt surprising what with boyles stake in zoom costing him a fortune) and we cant affort a ross mccormack (million pound player)

A lot has changed from last year and folk need to remember that. McGhee is gonna have to start building from the bottom again and the only way to do that is by giving the youngsters a chance because there is very little money to spend.

There are always going to be negative vibes coming from both the club, the manager, players and fans when a team is at the bottom end of the league but theres no use dwelling on them and moaning about daft things. This will be a judge of character for everyone involved at motherwell fc especially mcghee and the players.

Back to basics Mark.

Mone the well

Personally I will judge MM on his january activity. We need players - and have done for ages now - more injuries will come.

There wont be a lot of money available (which isnt surprising what with boyles stake in zoom costing him a fortune) and we cant affort a ross mccormack (million pound player)

Sorry but personally I wouldn't trust him wit any money that we may have come Jan. He ain't interested!!

And from what I remember McCormack never cost us £1m nor anyone else for that! If a manager tries hard enough good players can be found.

McGhee OUT!

That was unacceptable tonight and FULLY justified the Booooooooooooooo at fulltime.

The team have absolutely no togetherness. No drive. No vision. Nothing at all.

Hughes and Porter, our so called 'big money superstars' can leave whenever they like - if they can find a club that is. Hughes has done very, very little in a Motherwell shirt. One goal in a year and a half from and 'attacking midfielder' is ridiculous. I wouldn't mind but it's not as if he is setting up 15 chances a game either.

As for O'Brien and Sutton, McGhee's other signings - both are shite - the former is one of the worst I have seen in a while.

Add to that McGarry who was always out his depth, Hammell who hasn't kicked a ball since returning and Reynolds who looks like a one season wonder it hardly bodes well for us does it??

Scary times.

R world a REAL possibility.

From where I was standing tonight, (in a pub in Nairn with 3 other Dossers), I didn't think Kilmarnock were any better than us. Jeffries played a negative game and it worked, save for Coombe and we could have scored a few. As it was our inability to defend set pieces and the late sucker punch was the difference.

Last season was obviously a freak, and we shouldn't expect to be top 6 again for some time.

That tonight was absolute dross, every one of those players and the management should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. If i hadnt already paid for my season ticket believe me, i would not be back. I pay money to go to the football to be entertained, not to sit in the freezing cold watching 11 overpaid little cunts swaggering about the field clueless. An absolute embarasment and there is not one of them fit to wear the jersey. Get fucked every one of them. Wonder if theres anyone thick enough to buy that fat baldy bigot bastard off us in january.

Fuck off Mark McGhee, anyone else would be hounded out the job right now.

I am sick of watching the long ball game we have been playing since start of season. We were praised last season for our fast flowing football, its now like watching kids playing heedy tennis, despite the fact were not even that good at heading the ball :lol:

At least we should beat accies on Saturday .....surely :D:D:D:O