Motherwell v Kilmarnock (Mon)

Gaag

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the most insipid performances I've had the misfortune of witnessing in recent years. Our form going into this game was shocking, Killies was worse, so to be turned over 2-0 at home by a shite team missing their best players is extremely worrying.

1 point and 1 goal from our last 6, yes 6 games!!!!! 1 point from a possible 18!!! We are now well and truly in a relegation dogfight people, and one that on tonights, and recent weeks performances, will have Accies, St Mirren etc rubbing their hands with glee. The writing has been on the wall since the word go this season and we are now reaping what our clown of a manager has sown.

McGhee can go now as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't trust him with any more money if Klimpl, who looked like an absolute bombscare, and O'Brien are anything to go by. You could probably add Sutton and Malclom to that, and on this seasons form, Hughes and Porter can go any time they like. Would Brain Kerr and Paul Keegan be any less effective?. Is there anyone in the Motherwell team or backroom staff who actually give a fuck about the medium/long term well being of the club? "Just bubbling under the surface" for tonights game apparently remember? " I won't sign anyone unless they are better than what we have". Remember that nugget of wisdom? Christ help us all if Klimpl and O'Brien are the answer.

It's time the press actually started asking McGhee some hard ball questions "Like why have all your signings been shite Mark?" and really digging him up on the fact that our club had just had it's most successful season in 14 years yet started the new campaign with one of the weakest squads in living memory.

What disapoints me the most is after a couple of weeks of no football I really believed the players would come out tonight and prove me wrong. Really roll up the sleeves and show that we were in a false position and get a convincing win and kick on on to Saturday. All tonight served to do was confirm what I feared. We are a team in free fall and only others being worse will save us

Here's a stat for you, we are in a worse position now than we were under Malpas at this time in his season. It's a hard one to call, but which team seemed the most clueless?

Mark McGhee. The first manager to take Motherwell down in 25 years. Watch this space...

burning question for me is why the fuck does everythng have to go through hammy in the midDle of the park, I sit just beyond the halfway line in the east stand and thers always acres of space , no matter who plays there if its coach, the boy saunders tonight , o brien or dl nobody seems to want to play the ball into that channel and as a consequence we get bogged down in the middle of thepark and lack the ability to put decent crosses in the box.

What are these guys doing at training every day ?

Wake up and smell the coffee the defenitionof stupidity is doing the same thing repeatedly but expecting a different outcome its never going to happen if nothing changes then nothing changes a few weeks ago mcghee said that if he could not get any more out of the payers then its time to go, Just before the 2nd goal went in Mcghee had just turned to the dugout and shrugged his shoulders as if to say what can I do ........................ ITS TIME TO GO !

Our crossing and final ball needs to be alot better. The centre of the defence needs somebody to sit just in front of them to protect them. Reynolds is having another of those not so good games.

Hughes needs to sit deeper and dictate the game.

McGarry, WHY????

All in all very predictable going forward.

I thought McGsrry was one of the few positives tonight he was kept on too long , clearly he was absolutlely knackered

It's time the press actually started asking McGhee some hard ball questions "Like why have all your signings been shite Mark?" and really digging him up on the fact that our club had just had it's most successful season in 14 years yet started the new campaign with one of the weakest squads in living memory.[/quote]

Good post mate. Spot on and the highlighted bit is the bit that troubles me most. I seriously doubt that EVERY POSSIBLE avanue was explored getting signings in to play for, what was remember a UEFA cup team. Then again - McGhee was too busy in Lithuania Airlines departure lounge wasn't he :lol:

We're fucked.

I'm not going into a speil about that shite tonight but a few phrases spring to mind that I'd been posting on the old site since early October..."gutless", "spineless", "nae fight", "nae backbone", "I think McGhee has lost the dressing room" and "utter gash".

Season tickets will probably be cheaper next year though, seeing we'll be a First Division side.

One goal in seven games. Last time we did something like that was when McLeish was in charge in 95-96, then we went 8 without scoring and hitting the net just twice in 16 games. We just don't look like scoring at all, and even though we conceded in the past, we always looked like being able to at least keep pace.

Something missing at the football these days.

Actually think I still go out of habit, more than actually really wanting to be there.

Not just because we're not playing well, I just mean in Scottish football at the moment, generally, just no buzz around.

I know the feeling, I thought I would miss it a lot more than I have since I've been away. Miss the routine of it all, beers with my old man before it, seeing folk I only see from one game to the next etc, but watching that brought back a lot of memories of 06/07 where I was seriously thinking about wrapping it.

And to make it worse, I had to set my alarm for 5.30am to watch it and I've now got a day's work to do, no option of straight to the pub to try and forget all about it.

Guest JohnnyDefault

Absolutely dire tonight Shocking to think that that game went out live to the world - bright enough start but the heads went down too easy. Porter and Sutts were unfortunate in the early stages and when the first chances didn't come off - it was goodnight from us.

Killie were shite also - lets make no bones about that either.,

We need to get things moving shortly or we're in bother.

The contract rebels - "weighing up this, hanging on for that" - They'd be in my office first thing in the morning along with their agents and they'd be told to start ringing clubs like they're going out of fashion - I'd remove their 'fallback position' (staying put) at one fell swoop. Time to go guys, really sorry.

Buzz - the buzz of old tonight - Cheerio son - All the best and thanks for your efforts!

Colonel Saunders and Klimpl - braw home debuts - well done lads

hammell - capable of so much more than he's giving at the moment

Reynolds - needs a breather before he has a nervous breakdoon - he's capable but looks as if his confidence is shot.

Hughes - huffs and puffs - didnt come off for him - make yer mind up tho son - are you in or are you out

Boab - Thanks son - wont be renewing yer contract next season

Lasley - (the golden boy) - loads of effort - nowt at the end of it

McGarry - sorry - time for a change there too

Sutts - Ports - nothing coming off - but you canny give up the ghost lads

Murphy - comes on - nothing comes off for him - but hey we still like you

O'Brien - comes on - nothing comes off for you - but hey - we'll crucify yer every touch (why?)

Dazza - Airdrie next if yer no careful son.

I hope they're still locked in that dressing room - because something needs to change - Yesterday!!!!

We're fucked.

I'm not going into a speil about that shite tonight but a few phrases spring to mind that I'd been posting on the old site since early October..."gutless", "spineless", "nae fight", "nae backbone", "I think McGhee has lost the dressing room" and "utter gash".

Season tickets will probably be cheaper next year though, seeing we'll be a First Division side.

Let's try not to think it could ge to that situation. I believe next year we will be playing in the SPL, but I do also believe we will finish in the bottom 6. I hope the team prove me wrong.

At the end of the day though, yeah it's not good to be going to see them week in week out and having to cope with poor results, but I'll still be watching them - whatever division it happens to be in.

Even if we win on Saturday, it's still a worse position. In fact, even if we beat Accies and beat ICT, it's still a worse position!!!

When Malpas was in charge we won 2-0 at East End Park on Boxing Day to go 10 points clear of bottom club Dumfermline.

The best we can hope for is 9 points clear, which obviously I'd bite yer hand off to be 9 points clear of Accies come 5pm one December 27th, but what's the odds we're 3 points adrift at the bottom?

Do you think McGhee might get asked some testing questions at that point?

My turn to vent me spleen guys and gals so please indulge me.

Complete and utter spineless, clueless embarrassing crap tonight. What EXACTLY do they do in training all week?? Same bollocks tactics (or lack of) hump the ball up the park, lose it in the air give it away. No-one has any confidence or showing any of their alleged football ability at the moment. They don't actually seem to give a shit and just give us the same pointless aimless crap week in week out. Teams know exactly what to do against us, pressure us all over the park and we will crack, we'll then start to hump the ball up the park and just give it away all day until the other team inevitabilly score. Absolute fuckin torture to watch. At the very least I expect the players and coaching staff to actually give a fuck and demonstrate that they are trying to do something about the current situation.

No ability, no physical strength, no confidence, no tactics we are totally powderpuff and just get rolled over ever week it is all so predictable and I'm getting fuckin sick of it. I'm basically bricking it every time I go to watch the Well at the moment as I can't see us being able to beat anyone. Inverurie must be counting the days until they play us.

McGee - what the fuck are you on man, can't you see the shit that is being dished up, what the fuck are you doing about it - fuck all that's what. The players that you brought in are a fucking joke and will get us relegated, I'm losing confidence in your alleged coaching ability to be able to do anything about it. You better start to pull it out the bag in January or you and most of your team can get to fuck. Can still finish 3rd or in the top 6 you must be smoking something good mate and I want some of it. Tell me one more time in the press that we can turn it around, or we are due to give one of the other teams a doing and I'll jump into the bench and give you a fuckin doing.

Thanks for listening - that at least gets it off much chest. Apologies for the language but sometimes only swearing can sum up the utter disappointment and frustration that you feel.

All this talk of only trusting 13 players, constantly talking about moving onto bigger things, not improving the defence, playing players out of position, the handling of the captains armband, etc etc would appear to be having a massive negative effect. There is nowhere near the same effort or committment from the team this year. Perhaps the bond between players is stronger than Mcghee thinks, and upsetting one or two has backfired big time.

McGhee talks a good game, but it seems to me, he cant seem to organise a team to do the basics.

Maybe our best bet now is for McGhee to move onto another job. Sometimes change can be beneficial for both parties. Mind you the problem is who's going to take a manager who is only productive for one season?

That's it in a nutshell. When you say that you only trust 13 of your players, I would suggest that the 13 in question start to feel a little too comfortable for their own good. Hughes and McGarry in particular have no need to worry about their places in the team. Cos if he wasn't going to bin them for the performances so far this season, he never will. Unlike a few, I reckon Porter isn't one of the major offenders (although tonight was as clear an indication as you want that he and Sutton can't play together. Because we have no strength in depth at the back, our defenders are free to have nightmare games every week without fear of being dropped. Kilmarnock were 5 or 6 first teamers tonight. We were missing 3. Why does the squad of a club of a similar size to ours seem so much deeper?

We have a problem. It would be better for both parties if McGhee left. But he won't quit if there's no job available. We can't afford to sack him. And any chairman would have to be off their head to want him at the moment. We're stuck with him. And it's leaving a very sour taste in my throat...

I can't understand how you all feel, obviously not being a fan, but maybe some retrospect is in order. Before McGhee came, it was kind of expected to be near the bottom of the table for the majority of the season, but now it's a disgrace. That shows how far he has brought you as a club, and I think the guy should be given some respect and support, which is alot more constructive, and should help you to regain some form.

That shows how far he has brought you as a club, and I think the guy should be given some respect and support, which is alot more constructive, and should help you to regain some form.

He hasn't brought us that far though, we just lost 2-0 at home to Kilmarnock infront of 3300 fans.

We're also in a worse position than we were, at this time, the season Malpas was in charge.

I can't understand how you all feel, obviously not being a fan, but maybe some retrospect is in order. Before McGhee came, it was kind of expected to be near the bottom of the table for the majority of the season, but now it's a disgrace. That shows how far he has brought you as a club, and I think the guy should be given some respect and support, which is alot more constructive, and should help you to regain some form.

Are you Mark McGhee ?