Motherwell v Kilmarnock (Mon)

Gaag

I can't understand how you all feel, obviously not being a fan, but maybe some retrospect is in order. Before McGhee came, it was kind of expected to be near the bottom of the table for the majority of the season, but now it's a disgrace. That shows how far he has brought you as a club, and I think the guy should be given some respect and support, which is alot more constructive, and should help you to regain some form.

Aye, near the bottom but as we've been in the league twenty odd years now, we've very rarely been bottom and that's the way it's going. If I recall, you're a Celtic man. You're one to talk about unfair abuse of managers... :)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't expect us to be pushing for europe or top six every season, what I do expect it some tactical nonce and the ability to play some decent football now and again, and what the hell get a half decent result and performance now and again - not too much to ask for in my opinion. Maybe if you actually were a fan you would give enough of a shit to actually care just how bad we are at the moment and how worrying it all looks.

Aye, near the bottom but as we've been in the league twenty odd years now, we've very rarely been bottom and that's the way it's going. If I recall, you're a Celtic man. You're one to talk about unfair abuse of managers... :)

:) fair comment, and I do not agree with the shite Strachan has to put up with either. He has a better record than Martin O'Neill yet some wanks still give him pelters.

No ability, no physical strength, no confidence, no tactics.....

That just about sums up tonight's performance and that of our previous run of games. Its time for our manager to manage. Too many wrong decisions before the game. Steven Saunders was passable for his first full game and Keith Lasley was an absolute stand out. Does this guy ever play badly?

I really don't expect us to be pushing for europe or top six every season, what I do expect it some tactical nonce and the ability to play some decent football now and again, and what the hell get a half decent result and performance now and again - not too much to ask for in my opinion. Maybe if you actually were a fan you would give enough of a shit to actually care just how bad we are at the moment and how worrying it all looks.

Lmfao

Also, I did say I wasn't a fan, I'm just looking from the outside in, and I think things need to be put into perspective.

Now and again it would be good to see some litterate posts on here.

Uter pish. Theres not really an area of the park that doesn't need strengthening. Particularly think we could do with a winger? Maybe some of the young boys could be drafted in, couldn't really be much worse than the players who are there. Maybe Robert McHugh or Paul Slane?

There is so much wrong with this lot at present that you would not know where to start to sort it.

McGhee is to be applauded for achieving what he did last season by squeezing what he did out of what in all honestly was a set of journeymen. I think that they are now reverting back to type and that a clear out of sorts should have been made at the end of last season. McGhee clearly did not intend to be here at the end of last season so there was never any planning done for this. As a result we are now in dire trouble with as poor and thread bare first team squad as in the SPL.

From tonight's debacle, I could only give Saunders, Hughes, Sutton and Porter pass marks. I would have included Smith but I didn't think he should have been beaten accross his body with the second goal. The rest were absolutely shocking, even normally reliable Lasley. But what is really frightening is when you look to the bench for replacements and see the likes of Smith, O'Brien and Fitzpatrick. O'Brien is one of the worst players I've ever seen at Fir Park and quite why he was given any contract never mind a 2-year one, baffles me.

With Porter, Hughes and Smith probably offski in the January transfer window, a potless chairman and a clapped out ground then Saturday's game against Hamilton really does become quite pivotal in our season and possibly our future.

Let's try not to think it could ge to that situation. I believe next year we will be playing in the SPL, but I do also believe we will finish in the bottom 6. I hope the team prove me wrong.

At the end of the day though, yeah it's not good to be going to see them week in week out and having to cope with poor results, but I'll still be watching them - whatever division it happens to be in.

I think some changes in personnel and attitude are going to have to happen for that. Likewise, I hope I'm proved wrong and again, likewise, I'll be watching them regardless of which league we're in - we were a First Division team the first time I set foot in Fir Park and a return to the First isn't going to put me off Motherwell FC.

There is so much wrong with this lot at present that you would not know where to start to sort it.

McGhee is to be applauded for achieving what he did last season by squeezing what he did out of what in all honestly was a set of journeymen. I think that they are now reverting back to type and that a clear out of sorts should have been made at the end of last season. McGhee clearly did not intend to be here at the end of last season so there was never any planning done for this. As a result we are now in dire trouble with as poor and thread bare first team squad as in the SPL.

From tonight's debacle, I could only give Saunders, Hughes, Sutton and Porter pass marks. I would have included Smith but I didn't think he should have been beaten accross his body with the second goal. The rest were absolutely shocking, even normally reliable Lasley. But what is really frightening is when you look to the bench for replacements and see the likes of Smith, O'Brien and Fitzpatrick. O'Brien is one of the worst players I've ever seen at Fir Park and quite why he was given any contract never mind a 2-year one, baffles me.

With Porter, Hughes and Smith probably offski in the January transfer window, a potless chairman and a clapped out ground then Saturday's game against Hamilton really does become quite pivotal in our season and possibly our future.

No shit sherlock.

What happened to Archdeacon? He looked a star in the making last year along with Murphy but hasn't got near the 1st team. Haven't been to as many reserve games this year so can't really comment but must be hard for the young lads who are unused subsitutes and see the likes of Smith ahead of them. Feel like I am being harsh on Smith who hasn't really been given a run of games to prove himself but have seen nothing in any of his subsitute appearances to get excited about.

What happened to Archdeacon? He looked a star in the making last year along with Murphy but hasn't got near the 1st team. Haven't been to as many reserve games this year so can't really comment but must be hard for the young lads who are unused subsitutes and see the likes of Smith ahead of them. Feel like I am being harsh on Smith who hasn't really been given a run of games to prove himself but have seen nothing in any of his subsitute appearances to get excited about.

I've played against him and made him look silly. How he is with a Premier league team is unbelieveable.

I don't think anyone here has a problem with Motherwell being poor - we have a problem with the same players who played so well last season looking directionless, gutless and clearly going to lose something nil ten minutes into a game. Last season we had a defence that lost stupid goals time and time again but we got away with it because we scored enough at the other end to get away with it.

However I think its a bit harsh that McGhee came out and said he blames the strikers for not taking their chances, the incompetence shown at the other end in not defending that corner was much more a cause for the loss last night. I have never coached or managed a football team in my life but even I know the best teams are built from the back.

However I thought we were much improved from the last two games I have seen at Falkirk and Hibs. We at least created some chances, we had some pressure and were unlucky that due to a combination of Combe and bad finishing didn't score. However, in the middle of our best attacking spell we swapped Murphy for Sutton. That took a lot of the impetus out of the attack and I think it was definitely a case of right man on wrong man off. We chasing a game and we take off our top scorer? I know he was pants but he is always liable to nick one.

McGhee is good when he is winning and building on it, what he has shown is he does not seem to have the same ability to recover after a loss. Lots of work to do, but Mark, defence first not strikers - we stop losing silly goals our forwards are good enough they will nick some goals. Sadly they have hit a bad run together but it will come. I also think we should play Murphy up top on Saturday and let him run at the Accies because their weakness is pace and they will hate playing him more than Porter and Sutton.

Now and again it would be good to see some litterate posts on here.

Oh dear, the school teacher is marking my substandard English and he can't even spell. :lol: I just love it when that happens. Your avatar will always remind me of what a tit you are and just for your benefit and as a way to help you remember two t's in tit only one in literate.

Main Entry: 1lit·er·atePronunciation: \ˈli-tə-rət also ˈli-trət\ Function: adjective Etymology: Middle English literat, from Latin litteratus marked with letters, literate, from litterae letters, literature, from plural of littera Date: 15th century 1 a: educated , cultured b: able to read and write