Motherwell v Kilmarnock (Mon)

Gaag

Oh dear, the school teacher is marking my substandard English and he can't even spell. :lol: I just love it when that happens. Your avatar will always remind me of what a tit you are and just for your benefit and as a way to help you remember two t's in tit only one in literate.

Main Entry: 1lit·er·atePronunciation: \ˈli-tə-rət also ˈli-trət\ Function: adjective Etymology: Middle English literat, from Latin litteratus marked with letters, literate, from litterae letters, literature, from plural of littera Date: 15th century 1 a: educated , cultured b: able to read and write

:lol:

whoosh!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnnyDefault
Oh dear, the school teacher is marking my substandard English and he can't even spell. :lol: I just love it when that happens. Your avatar will always remind me of what a tit you are and just for your benefit and as a way to help you remember two t's in tit only one in literate.

Main Entry: 1lit·er·atePronunciation: \ˈli-tə-rət also ˈli-trət\ Function: adjective Etymology: Middle English literat, from Latin litteratus marked with letters, literate, from litterae letters, literature, from plural of littera Date: 15th century 1 a: educated , cultured b: able to read and write

:lol:

Two t's in li era e as well - is there no'?

What is it with some of the media banging on about there being a lot of pressure on the players as they're expected to do as well as last season? Not one person I've spoken to all season expects us to finish 3rd. We'd all like to for sure but thats heart over head chat and I think we're all pretty realistic.

First chance i've had to post about the game.

Where do i start really? Last time we scored from open play was Inverness i recall? Poor stuff.

Hughes receiving Sponsors man of the match? I think they might have just been watching a re-run of a game from last year in the cooper suite? Hammell? Hughes? Malcolm? Sutton? Dont get me started on these clowns. Oh aye...McGhee?

I think it's time to pack yer bags and leave before ye sign other duds in January!

Luc Nijholts Motherwell Army!!

Some one that actually cares about the club!

I told my friends the following earlier today and i stand by it.....

My take on the crisis is as follows.....

1st half last night we should have been about 3 up after 15 minutes, but when you are in a rut things don't fall for you. 2nd half we were abysmal. Mr McGhoo doesn't seem to be able to mix up his tactics when things go wrong, and it is blatantly obvious that McCormac was key to making that 4-3-3 tick last season. Hughes hasn't had any form and Porter hasn't been anywhere near as good as last year.

As much as it pains me to say it, we are missing Clarkson big style, he's missed a stack of games this year through injury and suspension.

The team are playing with zero confidence, and leaving killy aside who were pash, any decent team with something to play for (Hearts and United) would roll right over the top of us in the same manner that Hibs did.

The board haven't backed the manager in the transfer market so i understand why mcghee would get angry at that however by the same token a large portion of the transfer budget will have been blown on doubling McGhee and Leitches contracts in the summer. McGhee is getting paid scandalous amounts of money for a manager of a small provincial club and as such has to stand up and take responsibility for the state we are in. Games coming up against the accies, ICT and st mirren. All should be winnable but the way we played last night in the second half, we'l lose them all and be staring at relegation. If we do, he needs to go, however it will no doubt cost us a small fortune to sack the c(_)nt, and in the present state he's not exactly got a wealth of job offers on the table.

That aside, i do think he is a good manager and since its obvious he wants to manage at a much higher level, it is imperative for him that he pulls out all the stops and gets us back up that league so he can leave with a high stock value.

Also, as an aside, what the fuck is Melvin Bragg all about? His posts for months have been about berating McGhee for not playing 4-4-2. McGhee decides in the midst of crisis, I know, i'll listen to some faceless fundamentalist on the internet and go 4-4-2. So, we get stuffed. Now does Bragg come on and decide that maybe McGhee was correct not to employ 4-4-2 earlier? Nah, course not. Its all McGhee should go now.....

Also, as an aside, what the fuck is Melvin Bragg all about? His posts for months have been about berating McGhee for not playing 4-4-2. McGhee decides in the midst of crisis, I know, i'll listen to some faceless fundamentalist on the internet and go 4-4-2. So, we get stuffed. Now does Bragg come on and decide that maybe McGhee was correct not to employ 4-4-2 earlier? Nah, course not. Its all McGhee should go now.....

I think Melvin to be fair on a few occasions has said Porter (or Sutton) up front with Clarky in a 4-4-2, as Sutton and Porter clearly canny play together in a front three, or indeed a front two on last nights evidence.

In an ideal world we could punt Hammell, McGarry and Jim O'Brien because they are dire, 1st division class players and replace them with a bit of quality. A new left back, centre half, goal scoring Midfielder(easier said than done I know) and winger(s) who can cross, pick a pass and beat a man are essential signings come January if we are to move up the league. With Porter seemingly away to Sheff Utd for 250k and talks of a deal for Reynolds to Rangers for £1.5m, money could be available.

last night was good just to watch the game wi fellow Well fans up here and to meet and put a face to guys from the board, was a pleasure to meet Gaag n big Pie, and was certainly funny being 4 Well fans watching the game in a boozer in Nairn! 1st time ive heard of that! :lol:

on the downside , last night just showed the things weve known since MMG came in, we cant defend a set piece worth a fuck, and our finishing is generally abysmal, poor craic really

Guest The ORIGINAL Welldaft
In an ideal world we could punt Hammell, McGarry and Jim O'Brien because they are dire, 1st division class players and replace them with a bit of quality. A new left back, centre half, goal scoring Midfielder(easier said than done I know) and winger(s) who can cross, pick a pass and beat a man are essential signings come January if we are to move up the league. With Porter seemingly away to Sheff Utd for 250k and talks of a deal for Reynolds to Rangers for £1.5m, money could be available.

Crikey - I think we would be lucky right now to get £1.50 from Rangers for Reynolds. I am a big fan of his and think he has a bright future in the game, but right now his confidence is shot.

I missed the game last night as I away on business, but it sounds like it was same old same old. I am as mystified as anyone else as to how a team who not that long ago were scoring freely and performing stoicly against the h**s, have suddenly metamorphised into such a pale imitation of there former selves. It is not as if we are talking one or two players - it looks as if the whole team have performance issues :lol: I hope there is not goings on behind the scenes that is imapcting on the players. They talk a good game, but even they must know if they don't pull the finger oot we are in deep doo doo.

I praised McGhee to the hilt last year and defended him earlier this season. But he now has to front up and show that he IS a good Manager and justify the hype and his own self belief.

First post on the revised steelmen online - have had to change my board name slightly as someone seems to have er - borrowed my old name :lol: My new name seems to be a tad long!

To quote the wise Malpas, it's not formations that win games it's players :lol: The one time I've ever agreed with Malpas. I'm still a believer in 4-4-2. But when selecting the wide men I'd be in favour of playing a left footed player on the left wing. Failing that, someone with pace who can skin a man. McGarry for all he is a 100% man, is neither of these players. And Keith Lasley is not a winger either. It looked to me that playing Lasley at right midfield last night was all about protecting Saunders rather than giving us an attacking outlet. Surely that was the position to play McGarry. I'll go further. If McGarry is to play, right wing in a 4-4-2 is the only position he should play, one where his lack of pace is not further accentuated by the need to turn in onto his good foot. Fact is, we only have one left winger at the club, Jim O'Brien, and he has yet to start a game. This may be due to the fact that he doesn't show enough in training, but he must have shown something in the summer to merit a deal. Maybe time to see if he can reproduce it in a game where he starts, a game where he has a chance to find the pace of the game. Maybe he can be the man to fulfill what is starting to feel like an impossible dream. A Motherwell player getting to the byelne and cutting the ball back. Making defenders face their own goal. Negating the possibility of offside. A man can dream.

To be honest with you, the reason I'm so set on 4-4-2 is that with so few options in our squad, it's the formation that allows us to play the least number of players out of position. That and the fact we don't have the right three strikers to combine in a 4-3-3. MearnsWell is right in that I don't think Sutton and Porter are the ideal combination. But were we to get balls into the box from within 18 yards of the goal line (as opposed to hoisted in from 30-40 yards out, meat and drink to Jones, Wilkie et al), they would probably get goals.

Maybe I'm wrong. It's all about opinions. But at least I back up my opinions with reasoning. Too often this season, I (and a few others I watch the game with) struggle to find the reasoning behind McGhee's team selections...

Weren't you on McGhees case last season even when it was going well??

I agree that some times he shows no reasoning, such as why McGarry starts games let alone be the last man to be subbed. But, I don't think you can become a bad manager overnight.

The guy has obviously got something about him to be able to get us to finish last season in third place. He's probably too costly to give the bullet too (although a contract pay out would be better than relegation). And the fact is, it is in his ambitious interests to get us out the mire. I'de rather see us stick with McGhee who is a good and proven manager and let him earn that big pay packet he gets, than boot him out and hope someone who is more a Motherwell level of manager can get some new manager syndrome injected into the team.

Weren't you on McGhees case last season even when it was going well??

On his case? Maybe I was one of his harsher critics. But even in a good season, when the manager makes mistakes, can the fans not discuss them? If you're suggesting I'm anti McGhee for the sake of it, you're wrong. I'd like nothing better than for his team to prove me wrong, climbing the table over the next few months. But I call it as I see it. A lot of fans (less so now, I grant you) seem to feel he can do no wrong. I don't feel he can do no right: Porter was a shrewd bit of business, initially he got the best out players that had looked useless under Malpas, he instilled confidence in the team, he had us playing attractive football (the league cup game at Easter Road will live long in the memory of the few that were there). But sadly now, a lot of the players look exactly like they did under Malpas. McGarry has lost the pace that surprised us (and a few SPL defenders) last season, Quinn and others have reverted to 2006/2007 form. That's what I see. And it makes me sad. I'm not gleeful at the prospect of the chance to slate McGhee...

I think last nights game was marginal, and with the exception of the Hibs game the whole season has been like that. Think back to the D Utd home game. We played better than them and should have won. As it turns out Utd are looking like a decent side this season and we are one of the few teams to have out played them. The first home game against Aberdeen was another example of a game that could easily have been so different. A few changes of fortune here and there and we could have been looking at a swing of 6-9 points.

Last night Motherwell played well in spells and had they scored first, I think it could have ended up a very comfortable victory. Porter gets one of his chances in the second half and again we could well have gone on to win the game. Motherwell are a better footballing side than Killie, St Mirren, Accies and Inverness, I have no doubt about that.

I know that this does not ensure safety from relegation but a few confidence building results and in a few months we could be in a strong position again.

We have to keep the faith. What other option is there?

Actually felt better when I watched the highlights and saw the chances we had, build-up play was good as well. Like I said, we need a break, and it'll come.

I will go along with that Rickoza. We did have a few good chances, certainly as many as Killie had. Combe (w*nker that he is) kept them in it. None more than his save from Porter which he pushed onto the bar. We have not played well recently but we are due a break and I expect us to be clear of relegation, but even now I suspect that the top 6 is a long way away this season.

As much as it annoys me that McGhee's response to nearly every defeat is that we will 'come good' I canny help but agree with him. I'd love for him to tell us exactly what's wrong and what he is going to do to change it however I think it's a mixture of confidence and luck that is the problem just now. I thought we played no bad last night, dominated for large spells and strung together some decent moves but it was yet another game where we could have played for 10 hours and not scored. We have goalscorers in the team so that's not the problem.

As for the goals conceded, the defence did look really really unorganised at times and it's nay surprise at all they scored 2. If it wasn't for the posession we had it would have been more.

Guest JohnnyDefault
I'd meant to say... from where I was in the Cooper, I think I heard Buzz shout "keeper's" for their first, yet he didn't move.

However, I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm?

He probably shouted 'Jeepers' at the exact moment he keeked his breeks