U19 Player "attacks Family Home"

numpty

Again? What would you do. Keep him at MFC because he might be an arse in future? Why not we take every criminal or NED and let them join MFC just so we can keep the streets of every City and Town in Scotland safe (as it seems to work wonders as it is ;) )

He was convicted of beating a man unconscious.

he punched the guy once so he didn't beat anybody unconcious. scraps outside the dancing are hardly rare events in this country, kicking quinn out for that altercation would be OTT.

i have to agree about our youths being a bunch of wee neds. i've heard them in uppercrust talking about carrying knives and other acts of general bammery. but most young footballers seem to be neds and if we unearth a wayne rooney (or another faddy) that'd be ideal.

I dont think it's got anything to do with the intent, indeed I'm struggling to think of any beneficial intent from kicking down the door of a young family's home. It's the ramifications of his actions that this young thug should be paying for, a family having to be rehoused away from friends and relatives, leaving a heartbroken youg girl, at an impressionable age, having to make new friends in a different environment. A young disabled lad having to undergo trauma therapy, bad enough for someone with all their faculties but a huge step backward for a lad such as him.

No, this young arsehole should be booted out of Fir Park forthwith and every other club in the land told to avoid him like the plague.

His actions have changed this whole families lives, and what happens to him, he loses a couple of quid from his wage packet over the next few months.

BOOT HIM OUT NOW.

I agree with you here. Unless the papers have greatly exaggerated this, he should be booted to fuck.

every story has 2 sides !!

don't think anyone is in a position to judge until you know the facts from both sides.

who's to say that the 16 year old in the house with his mother and siblings wasn't behind something nasty himself ? no background to the story !! this 16 year old might be an ASBO on legs, but with only one side being reported its impossible to tell !

I've been guilty of kicking in a door in the past myself , ....I was retreiving some of my cousins stuff from her flat after we found out her partner had being battering her for years !! that could have been reported the same way with me being a bad 'un for kicking in a door , theft ? and threatening behavior !! no mention of her ex being an abusive wife beater !!!

anybody see my point ??

2 sides to every story , impossible to judge hearing only one side

He was convicted of beating a man unconscious. I would have have had him out the door there and then, regardless of his 'fantastic' service. Likewise, I wouldn't have let Fat Boab near the club after his Drunk Driving (and blaming the ref for it) escapade.

Now, with the latest problem, the accused kid can justifiably turn round and say "I was just following the lead of my captain". If the kid get's the bullet, then the club is open to the accusation of double standards.

You being serious?

don't think anyone is in a position to judge until you know the facts from both sides.

who's to say that the 16 year old in the house with his mother and siblings wasn't behind something nasty himself ? no background to the story !! this 16 year old might be an ASBO on legs, but with only one side being reported its impossible to tell !

I've been guilty of kicking in a door in the past myself , ....I was retreiving some of my cousins stuff from her flat after we found out her partner had being battering her for years !! that could have been reported the same way with me being a bad 'un for kicking in a door , theft ? and threatening behavior !! no mention of her ex being an abusive wife beater !!!

anybody see my point ??

EXACTLY!

Not at all am I saying what the young lad done was right, as it certainly wasnt and he should be punished. Lets be honest though, you honestly think there isny more to the story? People dont do things like that for no reason whatsoever!

Yes they do.

Unless someone can explain what we've done to deserve every window in our block of flats being repeatedly targetted and smashed by vandals, I can tell you that some people do do these things for no reason whatsoever.

Anyway, his feet shouldn't touch the floor as he's booted out the club.

I'm not really sure what the club can and can't legally do in this situation. Whether any employer can fire your ass if you've been convicted of a serious criminal offence ouside work. I'm sure there's a high likelihood they can - particularly if they say they're damaging the image or reputation of the company by what's happened. Someone else here will probably know.

The guy pled guilty so - looks like he felt it was a fair cop. We don't really know if the club have dealt with him or not. But it's obvious even from discussions here - it reflects badly on the MFC.

In the case of Quinn - he was found guilty after pleading not guilty and appealled the decision (dunno if that's been heard or not). He was disciplined by the club (stripped of captaincy) but was that for being found guilty of assault or for being in thon pub in Wishy in the early hours when he got skelped? i canny remember.

In the case of Malcolm - who knows why we even went there, but he's outwith this discussion as his convictions were prior to his employment with MFC and like anybody employing someone convicted of offences they need to look leniently on them (I think).

If the club go down the route of trying to sack this U19 dude (or any subsequent pilock) - then the Quinn case can be put forward by any of them as an example of some level of double standards.

I suppose what I'm saying is - the same as many people predicted at the time. Bringing in players like Malcolm and dealing with Quinn in the way that we did - Shows that we'll employ anybody, tolerate serious off field indiscipline & leaves the door open as it always does for others to behave similarly and puts the club in a difficult position with regard to discipline. they can't show one law for a 1st team player and another for an U19.

Yer supposed to kick the door doon

Find oot where the fuck the bar is

Go on the lash aw day whilst gettin aw the tarts round for a water fight.

Unfortunately this kid has broke into a hoose wae a disabled kid and then realised he'd fucked up.

No potential really. He'll never sign for sellick or rangers at that rate.

The youth team are for the most part a bunch of wee fannies, they swagger about with the clubs tracksuits on thinking they are invincible but they really just give the club a bad name. The good ones are the ones who get their heads down and work hard. Get this wee knob the fuck away from the club.

anybody see my point ??

Agreed - especially as two news agencies were chasing the story for the nationals after it appeared in the EK News. They were desperately trying to find the woman on the basis that several neighbours had told them it wasn't as straightforward as it had been reported.

I'm not saying the boy should get off with being disciplined in whatever way is appropriate by the club (bearing in mind the court thought a £150 fine was appropriate) as the basic fact of what he did was wrong, but we don't know the full circumstances and it is difficult to judge whether his career should be destroyed or not without knowing them.

To be honest I don't think there is much point in Motherwell dropping this player if he can just go somewhere else, cos be sure, other clubs will probably be happy to have him if he's any good.

There should be a club wide disciplinary system so that if Motherwell get rid of him he can't sign up for another professional club. I don't see any reason why if someone was convicted of a criminal offense that couldn't happen.

Maybe that way they would behave themselves a bit better.

It's not good enough just to raise players, we need to raise players that aren't an embarrassment to the club with their anti social and criminal behavior. Perhaps discipline needs to be ramped right up down there.