Are You Planing To Renew Your Season Ticket ?

East_Stand_Al

Season ticket renewals  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying a Season ticket for next season

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If we fail to make top 6 should Season Ticket prices be Frozen/Reduced fo next season

• Frozen
    • Reduced
    • Not relevant

I'm not too worried on who hangs around and who doesn't to be honest.

If these players have decided to go then there's nothing we can do - we shouldn't go chasing them with silly wage offers. Motherwell will go on as we have done many many times.

I hope Klimpl stays - he's been great since he's come in and probably owes us a wee bit due to the first loan period being wiped out with injury. I think he 'wants' to stay.

Hughes and Buzz - I'm convinced are already away - so Cheerio and thanks guys. i genuinely don't think there's any chance of any of those two staying. McGhee should be planning for life without them.

lets hope McGhee gets out of the starting blocks this close season - because he was way off the pace last summer - and we suffered badly from that. I hope he's learned about the loan deal fiascos.

On saying all of that. I'm planning on renewing, Mibbez. I think. probably!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just go watch the guys who are here if any of those leave, certainly not going to watch them at their new clubs. Players come, players go, makes no odds to me really. Kids made me realise I can't give up, probably ever, and a big part of it is I look forward to catching up with fellow fans who I don't see one week to the next so the matter of who's in the team is immaterial really cos those friends I've made are more to do with the attraction of being a Well fan, that sense of belonging I suppose. Pish fitba', guid fitba', makes no difference, it's oor fitba' and that's what counts. I still enjoy a wee blether wi' folks I couldnae get anywhere else of a Seterday.

I'll just go watch the guys who are here if any of those leave....I can't give up, probably ever, and a big part of it is I look forward to catching up with fellow fans who I don't see one week to the next so the matter of who's in the team is immaterial really cos those friends I've made are more to do with the attraction of being a Well fan, that sense of belonging I suppose. Pish fitba', guid fitba', makes no difference, it's oor fitba' and that's what counts. I still enjoy a wee blether wi' folks I couldnae get anywhere else of a Seterday.

Well said FC. For me MFC comprises not just the Directors, players and management but fans like yourself, Yir Elder, Rickoza, Well Made, Well Daft, Andy P to name but a very few. Players come and go as do managers and owners but the fans remain.

Sorry all you East Stand (centre) fans, I'll be renewing, and will be as animated as ever.

There was a time when I was swithering :

• when the Cooper fiasco was shown up as even more farcical, when it was more than half empty, in a crowd of 9k
  • when the Nancy home leg became cheaper to not use your season ticket seat and sit in the South.
  • before those in charge eventually realised that having £5 games made it less economical to buy a season ticket

However, recent events have convinced me that the club may just be coming around to the idea that sometimes it's worth listening to the fans. You'll never please all of them all of the time, indeed some may NEVER be happy, but I think progress has been made.

Anyway, I'll be getting my season ticket even though it will no doubt be cheaper for me to PATG, with the inevitable work commitments, holidays, Setanta / Sky shuffling of match days, etc. keeping me away.

Now, a wee win tomorrow, the right result on Sunday, and 5 wins post-split, and the world's our oyster......

God Bless the 'Well

S

Me and Sharon will be back next season for sure, especially as we can get a 10% discount. Great that the Cooper is back with whom it belongs, and here's hoping we can attract an increased support for 2009/10.

Just got letter in from el Chairman advising season ticket price frozen at last year's price plus 10% discount if renewed before 31 May.

I will not be renewing though. Pay at the gate from now on and choose my games. 'Well fan through and through but I am not paying a small fortune to watch people do what I could do if I got myself fit. Also fed-up getting shafted with all these reduced gate prices.

Anyone changed there mind? :rolleyes:

Nope, nothing happened today that I haven't already seen so no reason to change my mind about next season, next few weeks wages already being raided to take advantage of the early bird offer though cos without that discount it's a price hike for me compared to last year.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, thanks to JAMO for pointing this thread out to me.

Mine was locked - again.

So i will post here.

Yes, i will renew, i couldnt go without watching MY WELL.

Once more, thanks alot JAMO, you saved my life, i want my thoughts on MY CLUB out in the open.

I love Well

First of all, thanks to JAMO for pointing this thread out to me.

Mine was locked - again.

So i will post here.

Yes, i will renew, i couldnt go without watching MY WELL.

Once more, thanks alot JAMO, you saved my life, i want my thoughts on MY CLUB out in the open.

I love Well

Do the Accies not have a forum like?

I'm one of those who will be renewing because they can't imagine doing anything else. I've seen us in the first division and I've seen us play much worse and less entertaining football than this so our disappointing (after last season) doesn't really come in to it.

^^^^^

Exactly what we should be doing r.e. season ticket prices!!

And we should be marketing it the same way as Wigan too, not shitey discounts if you trade in the kids holiday to disneyland to buy a season ticket before the summer.

Our season tickets this year should be groundbreaking. Not 'frozen' at the ridiculous price for a game of poor quality football that it is.

It is too expensive and even though I can prob afford it I will be saying no on those grounds. I dread to think of how many punters we will lose who simply can't afford one.

Our season tickets this year....... at the ridiculous price for a game of poor quality football that it is.

I'm curious here. When you mention "A game of poor quality football" what are you comparing us with? Is it with us last season, is it the Hearts/Dundee United/Aberdeen teams of this season, or is it some of our teams of the past?

I'm curious here. When you mention "A game of poor quality football" what are you comparing us with? Is it with us last season, is it the Hearts/Dundee United/Aberdeen teams of this season, or is it some of our teams of the past?

On the whole, Scottish football is ridiculous. £20 to watch, what at times, you can see 22 guys do down yer pubby park. I paid 8 Euros to watch Roma v Villareal the talent that Totti, Cassano, Riquelme et al. give you for your money is nothing short of good value. I also paid 10 Dollars to watch SF Giants play at home, different sport but was entertained for 5 hours for about 7 quid!!

The 'price' of scottish football should be on par with these examples, in fact LESS!! But it is three times more!!

That is where the poor quality is evident, the fact we are paying for something that should be better...

I think the idea of reducing season tickets' prices is very nice in practice and I think our club have not done bad here this year. But when comparing ourselves to Wigan we need to remember some things:

• We have the pitch to fix
  • We have the ground to maintain
  • We will sell circa 3,000

Wigan meanwhile

• get rent from the RL team
  • get much more television money
  • will sell 15,000 of them
  • have a much more viable product in Arsenal, United, Liverpool, plus probably two derbies whereas we have the OF and the Accies

These things make it much more viable for them, gives them a more willing target audience and gives them much more scope to do this. You might argue that the pitch and the ground are from our bad management, tend to agree, but from the situation we are in means we need a good return and early and I think the package we are being offered is fair to the fans and will serve the club well also.

^

Tweed, I get all that but I am not asking the club to give them away. Our East Stand Tickets, when bought with the discount are actually cheaper than Wigan's but no-one knows about it!. Our DC tickets(our best product imo in terms of quality) are a bit dearer but what are they, with Discount..? £261, hardly a pricing tactic discussed in Marketing Lectures is it? And what is with the discount anyway? Straight choice between the kids' holiday or a Season Ticket. Why not goive people the chance to get the cheap price at the end of the summer. We should be offering installments, never mind a whole summer to pay in a recession ffs not making people pay before the BBQ coal has been purchased.

It annoys me that there are people at the club in 'Marketing' Jobs but they can't see the benefit of newspapers, billboards, train adverts, hell even leaflets if above the line media gets vitoed, all bearing an affordable eye catching price, say £249 for the 'Cheapest Premier League Football in Scotland' (Actually Britain :) ).

Seriously, is there something I am missing?

Or is it that easy :)

It annoys me that there are people at the club in 'Marketing' Jobs but they can't see the benefit of newspapers, billboards, train adverts, hell even leaflets if above the line media gets vitoed, all bearing an affordable eye catching price, say £249 for the 'Cheapest Premier League Football in Scotland' (Actually Britain :D ).

Seriously, is there something I am missing?

Or is it that easy :D

What your missing is Return on Investment i.e. how much does the marketing campaign cost vs. the profit received from the extra sales.

I have no idea what the figures would look like, but I imagine (or maybe hope) that the marketing crew investigate these things.

^

. We should be offering installments, never mind a whole summer to pay in a recession ffs not making people pay before the BBQ coal has been purchased.

The most sensible suggestion ever ?

Even cash strapped Clyde offer an installment package, and have launched a new scheme to buy a season ticket valid for 2 seasons, and a scheme where if you miss a home game the voucher can be used to bring someone along to another home game for free.

We probably are missing tricks when it comes to Season Tickets but then Rome wasn't built in a day.

But the club want/need money sooner to improve the cash flow over the summer months when there is little other income as there are no games so they need to do something to incentivise people to buy early. Being blunt the club don't (and shouldn't) give a fuck what people's other commitments are. And to be fair we don't know how we going to try and flog them this year as apart from a couple of posts on here saying its coming they haven't started the selling campaign yet.