Club News - Direct From Fir Park

Leeann Dempster

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted the Cooper has been handed back but I'm reluctant to believe this is entirely because JB has a new found love for the fans. Admit you were wrong John. :lol:

Pleased with this too....

To that end, all pre-reserved season ticket seats will have stickers instructing other Motherwell fans not to occupy that seat as it is reserved.

Best news for a long time. Well done to everyone concerned,including the board, and to all the Motherwell fans who let our chairman know what we thought about the Cooper situation. No means No!

If you think it was the No Means No! campaign that it made the Cooper be given back to its rightful occupants, then you're off your nut.

Frazzle

No, I'm not doing a "You'll be Anglian to know the new sponsor" line. You already know that if I know something, I'll just say it without messing about. It just can't possibly be that campaign as it's been dead in the water for ages.

I'd love to say it's all because of the Trust - and I do genuinely think we played a part - but the cynical side of me says that it's just turned out to have been the wrong decision in the first place.

So, no inside knowledge from me - I'm just delighted with yet another sign of progress from the club in recent times. I'll be interested to see if this thread gets as many posts as the one that was on the old site when the Cooper Stand was taken away. I strongly doubt it!

Frazzle

Only so many ways to say "Good on the club and John Boyle" though int'there?

FWIW my feeling is financial considerations finally overcame JB's pride. He's been told since the beginning of this illfated venture the figures likely wouldn't add up, fair to say OF attendances have dropped further but whatever the reason the right thing has eventually been done.

Encouraging to hear from the AGM that existing fans would be put first, this is another encouraging move so let's hope the sentiment will last and repairs to those bridges he burned can finally get underway

Yes, 3 pieces of good news today. Both John Boyle and Leeann Dempster spoke, at the AGM, of going back to basics and concentrate on our core support. Whilst they didn't go into detail the message was clear. They deserve credit for that - signs at last that the club is listening. The first bridge has been built.

The return of the Cooper Stand to our own will be welcomed by many. Overdue perhaps but lets just welcome that and move on.

A freeze on season ticket prices is also welcome in the midst of this deep recession.

From my limited dealings with our relatively new General Manager she has impressed me with her quick grasp of the problems that many fans have been going on about for some time. I don't doubt there's more good news to come in time.

Changed days at Fir Park?

Can only echo what has been said, only so many ways you can say it.

Delighted about ticket prices for Saturday. I wasn't convinced we'd get anywhere near a good crowd but hopefully now a good home support and a good away support will lead to a good atmosphere and hopefully a cracking game (which we win).

Hope Boyles away for a lie down now.

Happy with all that. My questions as a fan would be 1) When do Season Tickets go on sale? and 2) Will PATG prices rise next season to pay for this? (the recession must be biting Motherwell somewhere too and we all know we have to pay for the pitch in the summer).

souds good!

I love you leanne, A/S/L?

Actually age (or DOB) and place of birth would actually go down a treat for me for researcher purposes :P Unlike Busta though, I have been paying attention enough to know the S part :D

Fantastic news... although we will now need to figure out what else to moan about for the games against the Old Firm. Hopefully we'll have a few games to come up with something :D

Fantastic news! I was actually shocked to read about the Cooper Stand, but very, very pleased about it!!

Well done to all at MFC and everyone else involved in these decisions as well as the improved communication with the fans.

Now let's all play our part and get down there on Saturday and fill the Cooper all next season!!

Mon the 'Well!

Superb news, and it should give a boost to the fans who will hopefully turn up in huge numbers to back the lads on Saturday, who in turn will be boosted by a large home support and win the match!

Great to see the club listening to the fans and long may it continue.

First post on here, thought I'd make the effort and congratulate the club & board for taking this positive step in reducing prices. I'm aware this couldn't work for every game but for games of this importance I think a great move.

According to the St Mirren site there has already been a reasonable amount who have said they are going, when before this, they were not.

Hope it's a good game, is the pitch in any better condition?

Cheers. :lol:

It was looking a bit better after the break it had there, but the Cup game at your place proved that whether it's a plush meadow or a swamp, games between Motherwell and St. Mirren are usually absolutely rank. I just hope we get the result to get us into the Top Six and maybe pull in a few of the 'floating voters' for next season.

Frazzle