In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£800 GRAND for Reynolds? :lol: .Bite their hands off. Do you all forget his performances last season against Accies and Kilmarnock among others. I'll run him into Glasgow if he's stuck. That kind of money will pay wages for 4 decent players. C'mon folks you know it makes sense. ^_^ .

Slightly concerned yet another midfielder has been signed when that's clearly not the area(s) needing strengthened. Still in Gannon we trust....

I'd be pretty pissed off if we sold Reynolds right now, and more so at the h**s if it's a late last minute before the transfer window shuts bid. In fact I'm still pissed off we've sold Clarkson and Quinn (and subsequently not replaced them!)

From what I have read, it sounds like Gannon is still in the market for a striker and a right back. I guess he has no control over the order in which players sign. Still a couple of weeks before the window closes, so hopefully he will have secured all his targets by then.

People will moan about anything so they will. We may have signed midfielders but how do you Gannon might not change their positions. Faddy is a midfielder but has played up front for us , Everton , Scotland and Birmingham and is no too bad. Wayne Rooney started off as a midfielder and plays up front for Man United and England. Personally I would rather trust Gannon than the negative moaners on here.

I am reasonably relaxed about the way our signings are going. Tom Hately must have shown enough on trial to convince JG that he would be a good addition to the squad. It has also been clearly stated by JG that he is looking for a right back and a forward. I would expect that he will be aiming to address these two positions as soon as he can without rushing into anything.

With anothe rmidfielder coming in surely that means an end for fitzy?

Would like to see us raid the smeltic youths and reverves, where by all acounts there s a good few players to be had. Particularly with no reserve league what playing time will these guys get. Am sure JG knows this though. Looking forward to the end of the month exciting times.

Jimbo hasn't let us down so far so if he rates Hateley then that's good enough for me.

Welcome aboard Tam!

Personally I would rather trust Gannon than the negative moaners on here.

I do trust Gannon, but I think it's a fair question as to what Hately might offer that Forbes, Jennings, Coke, Lasley, Reynolds and various others than can play midfield don't. Maybe he's simply better than them, maybe he can play defence as well. It'd be a fairly dull forum if we didn't on occasions call into question some of the decisions made by the manager. Doesn't mean we're being negative, just means we're curious about the way that Gannon is thinking...

You think far too much about this stuff big melv!!

I mean Gannon's already stated he likes his players to be flexible and able to play in many different positions and i'm pretty sure Tam will fit in perfectly.

And like he said before he's likely to protect the younger players and rotate which is gr8 because it keeps other teams guessing.

Depth in the engine room will be something we've not had in a long long time

MON THE GANNON!!!

The thing Hateley offers is a bit of height. At 6'1+ He is taller than most in our midfield. Seems he can play in defence as well and is good with both feet. Gannon likes a player that can play in more than one position so maybe Hateley is an ideal signing. We just have to wait and see.

The thing Hateley offers is a bit of height. At 6'1+ He is taller than most in our midfield. Seems he can play in defence as well and is good with both feet. Gannon likes a player that can play in more than one position so maybe Hateley is an ideal signing. We just have to wait and see.

He's been quoted previously as saying he was struck by how lacking we were in physical presence we were in the first Llanelli game. Other than Jennings, the players he has brought in have a bit of stature about them which he seems to feel is needed.

Seems he can play in defence as well and is good with both feet. Gannon likes a player that can play in more than one position so maybe Hateley is an ideal signing. We just have to wait and see.

Where did you find that he could also play in defence. When he was being linked with Hamilton, I vaguely remember thinking he was a defender. When he was unveiled as a midfielder today, I kind of assumed that I had been mistaken...

I seen him at training yesterday, there was also a black trialist there, no idea who he was or what position he played though. Unfortunately they left shortly after I arrived. There was also a black guy who looked like an agent type.

Useless information I know but there you go.

I also spoke to Mark Reynolds, he was saying how he was looking forward to the season starting and how well things had gone pre season. Unless things have happened quick today, he didn't sound like he was planning on being elsewhere.

I seen him at training yesterday, there was also a black trialist there, no idea who he was or what position he played though. Unfortunately they left shortly after I arrived. There was also a black guy who looked like an agent type.

Useless information I know but there you go.

I also spoke to Mark Reynolds, he was saying how he was looking forward to the season starting and how well things had gone pre season. Unless things have happened quick today, he didn't sound like he was planning on being elsewhere.

So there was a white trialist too?

I would imagine the guy might be a centre forward. In every other position we have cover (good, bad, indifferent) but as far as out and out centre forwards go, it's John Sutton and, well, that's it. You'd have to imagine that even more than a right back, a striker would be a priority before Saturday...

Where did you find that he could also play in defence. When he was being linked with Hamilton, I vaguely remember thinking he was a defender. When he was unveiled as a midfielder today, I kind of assumed that I had been mistaken...

Your definitely not mistaken. When he was up at Accies last season it was definitely mentioned that he was a defender.

His dad is a grade A tosser (garages anyone?) but was a very good player. Maybe Jimbo sees potential in him that Accies failed to see?

All the best to him but I can't see him being a regular starter unless he can play RB!

Seems to have done quite well at Basingstoke last year.