In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy a few years above me at school did no bad, plying his trade with cardiff now :thumbup:

Few of my guys who were in the school team with me were phenomenal but most have quit the game now, one through injury. One went to Airdrie and became u-19's player of the year. IMO he wasn't the best in the team but it just shows that Coaches know best.

Jim Bett, the (Rangers) Ferguson clan and Stephen Wright at Aberdeen were the pick of the bunch at my school.

I came up against Ally Maxwell a few times in BB competitions, although in those days he often played as a striker.

One of my best mates when I was younger is the Golspie Sutherland Goalie :lol:

Also a guy in year below me and in a few of my 6th year classes was on ICT bench a few times including Parkhead a few seasons ago....last season played most games for Elgin and is now over at some US college

BRAG

Jim Bett, the (Rangers) Ferguson clan and Stephen Wright at Aberdeen were the pick of the bunch at my school.

I came up against Ally Maxwell a few times in BB competitions, although in those days he often played as a striker.

Hope you were a teacher weeyin as Jim Bett was about 11 year older than Stephen Wright, not hanging about the schools in an inappropriate fashion were you?

Oh yeah and on this subject journeyman QOTS striker Derek Holmes was in my year at school. Stood out a mile, but was also a big lad for his age. Kinda depressing how someone that looked so good in actual fact at professional level just looks so lumbering and ordinary.

Hope you were a teacher weeyin as Jim Bett was about 11 year older than Stephen Wright, not hanging about the schools in an inappropriate fashion were you?

Oh yeah and on this subject journeyman QOTS striker Derek Holmes was in my year at school. Stood out a mile, but was also a big lad for his age. Kinda depressing how someone that looked so good in actual fact at professional level just looks so lumbering and ordinary.

So your another Coltness High Scholl boy. Big Holmesy was the year below me at School. Was a cracking big player he was also a top class goalkeeper aswell. Lee McCulloch played for my boys club team, he was actaully pretty pish up until he was about 13.

Played against Barry Ferguson a few times but the best player i played for against for schools and Boys level had to be Paul Hartley, what a right winger, great wee player Zico was.

So your another Coltness High Scholl boy. Big Holmesy was the year below me at School. Was a cracking big player he was also a top class goalkeeper aswell. Lee McCulloch played for my boys club team, he was actaully pretty pish up until he was about 13.

Played against Barry Ferguson a few times but the best player i played for against for schools and Boys level had to be Paul Hartley, what a right winger, great wee player Zico was.

Yeah via Camby primary.

No such claims to fame from me, although we were playing Brannock / Taylor (always seemed the same to me) and my mate halfed Barry Ferguson after about 10 minutes and he had to be stretchered off.

Are you stil mates with him? If so can I paypal you 3 quid and you can buy your mate a pint from me :lol:

At school I was a year below Brian Kerr. He was actually my assistant on a school show one year. Heard he is at a massive club now :lol:

To be fair, he never actually said he was at school with any of them :lol:

Stephen Wright was in my year (Earnock High in Hamilton, btw), played against him in P.E. a good few times! Certainly turned out to be a good solid pro, although have to say I was a wee bit surprised when Rangers signed him for £1.5m, I never thought he was quite that good. (And I suppose he wasn't, as it turned out... although he did do his cruciate while he was there, which didn't help.)

I don't think anyone I played with made it to professional football. A few boys got S Forms for St.Mirren and Dundee Utd, but never made it to the first team. I always thought it was a shame that we had some great players that never even made it that far, when they stopped playing U16's they went and became plumbers and stuff like that.

When we played other boys teams we didn't know the first thing about them, nevermind who was in their team! Which the exception of hated local rivals - Jerviston (spit!).

Did you go to Brannock,Weeyin?
Earnock.

And, no, I didn't go to school with all of them, I said they all went to my school. Derek Fergsuon was there the same time as me; a couple of years behind (and a right ned).

Ally Maxwell is the same age as me, but went to a different school - which is why I only ever played against him in the BB games.