In's And Out's

AndyRoss

With Patrick Boyle coming to the club it opens up options. Isn't he able to play on the left wing also? And if he's not, we could push Hammell up into that position and leave Boyle at LB.

I think he will prove to be a decent player. You don't get snapped up by the likes of Everton as a youth if your a waster!

And on the subject of Foran, I alqays quite liked him, but him resigning for us would be a step backwards for us in my opinion.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Patrick Boyle coming to the club it opens up options. Isn't he able to play on the left wing also? And if he's not, we could push Hammell up into that position and leave Boyle at LB.

I think he will prove to be a decent player. You don't get snapped up by the likes of Everton as a youth if your a waster!

And on the subject of Foran, I alqays quite liked him, but him resigning for us would be a step backwards for us in my opinion.

Hammy on the left wing? You play way too much Footy Manager, it's been tried and he looked lost.

Hammy on the left wing? You play way too much Footy Manager, it's been tried and he looked lost.

He was given one game there - not much time to make an inpact! But I just think his dirstrubution could be very effect further up the field.

Either that or play Boyle there is he proves to be a decent signing. We badly lack a natural left sided winger and hopefully Boyle can offer some sort of solution.

Why haven't we tried for Leigh Griffiths? Been playing against him for years now, and watched him numerous times... Boy is frightning! Arrogant, cocky, chookter wee c*nt, but a genius!

Gary Harkins.... Left sider.. ABILTY!!! thats how id describe him! we obviously don't have the money to snap up Championship players or other SPL players :(

Why haven't we tried for Leigh Griffiths? Been playing against him for years now, and watched him numerous times... Boy is frightning! Arrogant, cocky, chookter wee c*nt, but a genius!

Because Dundee are trying their hardest to go into liquidation by offering 300K for him.

Because Dundee are trying their hardest to go into liquidation by offering 300K for him.

The noises this Melville character is making sound exactly like JB's plans for ourselves. I mean Dundee have already been in administration. He recently said something along the lines of "Dundee will owe no debt as soon as I conclude a deal to transfer ownership of the stadium to my name". I'd be worried if I supported them

The noises this Melville character is making sound exactly like JB's plans for ourselves. I mean Dundee have already been in administration. He recently said something along the lines of "Dundee will owe no debt as soon as I conclude a deal to transfer ownership of the stadium to my name". I'd be worried if I supported them

I would be more worried that a former United Board Member owns Dundee's debt (probably around £8m now), and the stadium with the only assets now being the players. If they don't get promotion I can see them missing out the administration stage and going straight into liquidation. But the fans seem to have been bought by the words of Melville.

I would be more worried that a former United Board Member owns Dundee's debt (probably around £8m now), and the stadium with the only assets now being the players. If they don't get promotion I can see them missing out the administration stage and going straight into liquidation. But the fans seem to have been bought by the words of Melville.

Melville is in negotiations to buy the stadium off the guy you mention,some Dundee Utd director called Bennett. Jim Spence attempts to shed some light on the matter:Beeb

While I'd like to see Harkins and Griffiths at The 'Ark, why should we pay around 500k for the two of them when we can get them next year for free after Dundee have went belly up?! :lol:

And by then they will be a year more mature and ready to "step up!" :O

But seriously, would love whoever our new manager is to insist on having some sort of transfer pot. Hopefully the Motherwell board can offer some money, take a bit of a gamble. Then I'd like to see us make a move for players such as Harkins and Griffiths. If they prove at hit with us, we will be able to sell them on for a profit (here in lies the gamble I was referring to!)

While I'd like to see Harkins and Griffiths at The 'Ark, why should we pay around 500k for the two of them when we can get them next year for free after Dundee have went belly up?! :lol:

And by then they will be a year more mature and ready to "step up!" :O

But seriously, would love whoever our new manager is to insist on having some sort of transfer pot. Hopefully the Motherwell board can offer some money, take a bit of a gamble. Then I'd like to see us make a move for players such as Harkins and Griffiths. If they prove at hit with us, we will be able to sell them on for a profit (here in lies the gamble I was referring to!)

According to Sky Sports McCalllister is ready to snub the job for a second time due to lack of funds so that one is out the window i'm afraid. We will have nothing to spend unless we sell first.

According to Sky Sports McCalllister is ready to snub the job for a second time due to lack of funds so that one is out the window i'm afraid. We will have nothing to spend unless we sell first.

We didn't have enough money for McAllister last time round and we ended up with Porter & Hughes. I'm not saying Boyle will repeat such a feat but I imagine McAllister would have been chasing an unrealistic transfer budget.

According to Sky Sports McCalllister is ready to snub the job for a second time due to lack of funds so that one is out the window i'm afraid. We will have nothing to spend unless we sell first

We're only gonna have 13 players by the time July 1st comes round. We're struggling to play any sort of team for the Uefa cup games at the moment. Boyle needs to get someone in pretty soon, so we can start to build for the new season. It's looking pretty fecking bleak at the moment.

How can Clarkson be 500k and Fletcher £50 million or whatever people are valuing him these days.. Correct me if im wrong but oustside the OF infact apart from Kris Boyd was Clarky not the top Scottish goalscorer in the league?

Motherwell.. Cardiffs Feeder Club since 1927

*cough cough* return to school *cough*.... sorry bad cold :wallbash:

We're only gonna have 13 players by the time July 1st comes round.
None of players have left yet. I expect we will have a new manager end before the end of the month which is typically when most players contracts expire and the horse trading starts. Thanks to the joys of the transfer window, most players hold out until closer to the start of the new season to assess what their best offer is likely to be.

I always said the Europa games will be, in effect, our pre-season. While it's more than likely we won't have our final squad in place by then, I'll only be worried if we haven't beefed up the team by the time the SPL kicks off.