In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Mh, not sure about the deal and would at least agree on the strange fee-situation between Fletcher and Clarkson.

As for Clarkson himself: If he decides that Bristol City is a better option than Motherwell, then please let him go... I still dont like him, but you def cant deny his goals and effort this season!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a done deal! Clarky is offski!

....and the club are actively looking to sell Quinn, with Cardiff a likely destination.

If it's a done deal why haven't both clubs issued press statements on subject? Also from looking at Bristol City forums, they appear to be getting more information about this "deal" from quotes from here.

They also seem to be linked with Lee Miller.

Carefull, people get warnings for failing to be funny

If I was trying to be funny I'd fire in the useful smiley's. It not like you never been seen wearing one.

If you think people who have bought a season ticket are fucked then you not got a clue about what supporting a team is about. So you might as well just move along if you haven't grasped the concept by now.

If it's a done deal why haven't both clubs issued press statements on subject? Also from looking at Bristol City forums, they appear to be getting more information about this "deal" from quotes from here.

They also seem to be linked with Lee Miller.

I am not sure, but do we not have an issue with the 1st of July?

Edit: Gues its only for players who contract has run out. Sorry!

I said they have BEEN fucked, buy a season ticket, then the management team leave, followed by most of the decent players, so yes, they got fucked.

I think the point that was being made that seems to be passing you by is that most folk would be buying a season ticket regardless of any of these things happening. Most people buy a season ticket irrespective of who the manager is or who's in the team, they buy a season ticket because it's Motherwell...

I said they have BEEN fucked, buy a season ticket, then the management team leave, followed by most of the decent players, so yes, they got fucked.

Who is to say, that we wont replace them with similar or better players/staff? To be fair those who appear to have left are nothing but mediocre players who have been overrated by the media & ourselves.

The likes of Smith, McLean, Kimpl, Porter etc etc were hardly household names when they signed for us and I don't recall a rush of excitment when they signed. Now that they have left, we suddenly think the world has caved in on us.

Sorry but there's plenty more mediocre players out there to replace them. We might not know them now but in two years time, we'll be having the same discussions about these new guys.

Hughes was your classic over-hyped Ex-Old Firm player - who will continue to get over-hyped reviews by the Scottish media. Was he any better than Simo or even Ged Brannan when he was the darling of the Well Fans???

Clarkson spent seasons getting dogs-abuse from our own support - yet now it's all we can't go on etc etc. We're so fickle!!! :lol:

Clarky leaving would probably be the single biggest loss to the team in my opinion. In his seven years at the club he has been a fantastic servant, and although his form has dipped at times, he has always given more than 100%, and kept at it while many were against him. He has been our best player the past two seasons and although I wouldn't begrudge him a move, I am seriously worried about the state of our team. If you ask me, with 600/800k or however much we are supposed to be getting, we could never find a player to match his ability. Also in saying this, there is no way the transfer fee would be used solely to find a replacement anyway. Troubled times ahead.

Something I haven't seen mentioned so far - Bristol City???????

Him or his agent should be holding out for better, no?

Evening Times reporting that Bristol have contacted well and have been given a price and are away to think it over.

If that price is not over a million then I am going to chap Boyles door and shag his wife!

We knew McGhee would be off first chance he got, we knew Smith, Hughes and Klimpl were going. Motherwell have always been a selling club. I'm sure people will continue to buy season tickets regardless of McGhee and the players named above leaving. As for Clarkson it's disappointing if he goes but hardly the biggest surprise on the planet.

I've no problem with Clarskson leaving as he's been a great servant to the club. I'm disappointed to lose him - but understand his position.

Like johnstone said (in a round about way) if it looks like he's off and as a club we've decided for whatever reason to sell then we should be doing what we can to involve other clubs in a bidding war.

I know i may be speaking out of turn as I'm not party to the way the club deals with contracts and extensions - but it looks like we're not winning the battle with players and agents and we can't seen to maximise the transfer fees as much as other clubs. We've done well on occasions - but we've lost some decent players for nowt (or next to) in recent times.

I think we need to be doing something different or innovative with contracts to maximise the benefit to the club, providing the player with options in certain bid scenarios while at the same time rewarding a bit of loyaty from the player.

Thanks to the transfer window, players tend to hold out until it's nearly closed before they make a final decison; just in case they miss out on a good offer. So, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even when we do get a new manager on board, don't expect to see a load of new faces being signed up a few days later. It will take time.

you would be right most seasons but this year most out of contract players will jump at the first contract they are offerred imo :lol:

As Melvin Bragg said, the money brought in from selling Clarkson has to measured against what we would lose if we were to be relegated. Which is what will happen. Had Hughes, Buzz, Klimpl, possibly and worryingly increasingly looking like McLean NOT been leaving then you would maybe be able to hold your hands up and say "Fair enough". But not like this. It's absolute suicide!

Someone, once again, has been asleep at the wheel at Motherwell in terms of forward planning. McGhee must shoulder a huge ammount of this blame, but Boyle also will be involved in the dealing of contracts surely? To whose benefit is this current situation? If the fans can see it coming then surely the powers that be can?

Anyone who thinks they new manager will be given a substantial chunk of money to replace these players should put down their crack pipe! None of Porters money was invested in the squad. Even St Mirren have managed to sign Higdon and Mair. Two players that would walk into Motherwells team.

Gutted if Clarkson leaves. Can't deny him his move and has been a fantastic servant to us. The timing is worse than abysmal though.

All of these guys who have left, or are soon to leave, must have been near the top of our wage structure. Therefore we cant keep them here when it's time for a pay rise, as the structure is there for a reason. Offering Clarkson another 3 years at a little bit more than he's getting already isn't going to work when clubs in the English lower leagues can offer a whole lot more than that. Selling Clarky and Quinn right now is the best we can do, as their value is on'y going to drop as we get closer to January and they can sign on somewhere for nowt.

The bright side here is that the new manager will have a clean slate to work with, and wont be inheriting large contracts for players he might not like. We are also in a good posiiton should a new TV deal not materialise, as our liabilities are at a minimum right now.