In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Nemo no disrespect, but it sounds like you know absolutely nothing about how a club like Motherwell NEEDS to be ran.
What he said.

It's not quite comparable, but I'm one of the members of the MyFootballClub experiment i.e. Ebbsfleet Utd. We have been through a similar problem during the summer. A number of players contracts expired, the Setanta money has gone and budgets have needed to be slashed. In order to raise the weekly salary budget from 4 grand a week to 7 grand we just had to sell our two best players. Now we are relying on the manager to bring in some fresh talent to try and rebuild.

It certainly gives you an insight into the issues that need to be addressed in the current financial climate.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I work with an uncle of one of the well players and he said that the manager is already in place amd the players no who he is but aren't allowed to reveal his identity. He also said the players are loving Craigan doin the training and respect him immensley and not to be surprised if he is given a coachin role as soon as the new gaffer officially takes over.

Someone on here (can't remember who, sorry) and someone in a PM suggested to me that the manager was already in place and wasn't being announced as yet in order that he didn't take any of the flak for the selling of popular players. The talk of players auch as Bryson arriving would certainly suggest that's the case. Either that or there is an understanding with the candidates that certain player have been identified by scouts/the previous manager. Particularly given the fact that if the list given in the paper is correct, none of the candidates have any experience of Scottish football, surely some assistance would be required...

However you think the club should be run, it is crazy to be operating with a squad of 12 first team players a few days before a big match. What if we get injuries in training?

This situation shouldn't have been allowed to develop and we CANNOT sell anyone else until we make signings, and we need at least 6 to be competitive.

This situation shouldn't have been allowed to develop and we CANNOT sell anyone else until we make signings, and we need at least 6 to be competitive.
I know what you mean, but as far as I can tell, we haven't sold a single player yet.

QUOTE (Mourin-Hoe @ Jun 19 2009, 05:45 PM) post_snapback.gifStop being a fanny, and get that swine flu seen too!

Heard big news today.. don't know about the truth in it but here it goes...

Leitch was offered the job immediately and knocked it back due to being told (some of this stuff we already know)

Clarkson - Cardiff 750k

McLean -

Smith - - All freebies.. Hughes to Aberdeen, McLean to Hearts Buzz??

Hughes -

And........

Paul Quinn, also to Cardiff!!!

Being left with 5 bigger players leaving and not being able to have a single penny to spend despite receiving over a million pounds this summer.. it looks like once the club tell the managerial candidates this we may really struggle for a manager and a full team!

Crisis Imminent? or all talk...

Whatever medicine the doctor gave you, I think you better start taking it.

Eh Frazza B? :nod:

Some of those have reached the end of their contracts and don't really count imo. Chances are, even if MM had stayed, the likes of Hughes, Buzz, and McLean would still have gone. Quinn and Clarkson are the ONLY sales (pending) and players will be brought in on loans, bosmans and for undisclosed fees. Basically high earners moved out and cheaper substitutes brought in. In the current climate I can't see any other option.

I wonder if Gannon has any guys in mind from Stockport? They have some cracking players, some out of contract and they are in admin so others going for free/minimal fees, plus with the tiny budget they have surely they arent on very high wages

I'd be wanting a wee bit more to be honest. Wasn't the talk £500,000 at one point? Still at least it's not Hearts.

According to the Daily Express, Hearts submitted abid of £100,000 for him. At that price we'd be as well hanging onto him and let him leave for free next summer. The fact that cardiff are offering £350k for him, with one year left on his contract tells you that he more highly thought of than many of our fans would believe. All his previous managers at FP have rated him highly.

MOTHERWELL: Fraser, Page, Hammell, Reynolds, Craigan, Fitzpatrick, Lalsey, McGarry, O'Brien, Sutton, Murphy

Is that what the team is likely to look like next week?!?

3-1 loss to Rhyl, that's Garbage

RHYL: Kendall, Naylor, Horan, Strong, Stones, Sherbon, Leah, Owen, Hunt, Roberts, Williams

That'll be Greg Strong, one of the 19 released from us then? I am guessing he will be chuffed getting one over us (even if it is only a bounce match), after all the problems after his release (along with Martinez, Ready etc).

First up, credit to whoever managed to get the Welsh Champions sorted for a bounce game so quickly. Good work there in terms of seeing what standard we are likely to face on Thursday

Ordinarily a result such as the one today could be brushed off without much concern so early into a pre-season. Your average closed door match can be completely skewed with players of each team at various stages of fitness.

This isn't really an ordinary situation though is it with a competitive game so soon so its a concern to read how far off the pace we've been.

Its a really tricky one in that ideally you would be looking for them to have another bounce game on Monday or Tuesday, but can we really risk that with such a small squad?

No manager as yet - officially anyway, some way from full fitness and more potential departures on the back of those who didn't re-sign. Its far from the ideal preparation you might hope for.

However all that's said without any knowledge of the calibre of Llannelli, what their fitness is like in comparison to us and at what stage of their pre-season they are at too.

Still really excited about Thursday. Increasing bit of edginess it has to be admitted too though.

Nothing can be done before Thursday really ..............as we can only swap one player for another. 10 July (hopefully) will be when the next registration is for the Cup.

Nothing? Or something? :D

in fact shedloads can get done,

tactics,

continued fitness work,

another player,

first team players might be available that weren't used,

Breakthrough players that played in first team last season can come in, in correct positions

and if all else fails the fans can find out where the Llanelli players are staying and take them out and get them pissed :P

it was a bounce game we only lost 11minutes of it, even the Llanelli fans aren't taking the result seriously

It's quite telling that line-up for today, isn't it? For those who say that they feel there won't be money to spend, it must be truly terrifying. The result I'm not too bothered about. Even next week's result is pretty much immaterial in the long run (don't get me wrong, I want us to win).

The sqaud needs major work. Everyone knows this. Just how much work might become more evident with the removal of certain players. People might debate about the relative qualities of the likes of McGarry, Smith and Fitzpatrick, but any flaws that are in their game may be more exposed by the removal of the key guys who were only too aware of their weaknesses and would adjust their game to compensate. For example, any new striker might take some time to realise how unfit Steven McGarry is and not, like Clarkson, burst his arse to get back and cover him when the ball gets lost.

As Wellfan1984 points out, should we negotiate the Llanelli tie, we would have to hope that players will have been signed with the Albanian challenge in mind. Should we go out against the Welsh, it might remove the urgency to get players in, but it might make it more clear that more surgery than was originally anticipated is required. I reckon if after next Thursday's game, it looks like we'll go through, you'll see frantic transfer activity before the 10th. If it looks like we'll go out, we'll take longer but maybe bring more players in.

Interesting times...