In's And Out's

AndyRoss

I think speculating as to specific targets that Gannon will have player-wise is useless at the moment until we know for definite which of Hughes, Clarkson, Reynolds or Quinn are going to be here this season (for my money, none of them). Also, if our friends from Stockport are to be believed, Gannon is a meticulous researcher who kept 'lists' of players. That could include players from anywhere and everywhere, not just those who played under him at Stockport.

in the gannon thread have a wee look at the linky to the hibs site. The guy that knows him was talking about JG having identified and listed up to 100 potential players to take to hibs that he can bring to us instead :D

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, no disrespect to Stockport or any other team in that League, but i think we'd piss all over it.

That still doen't mean there are no good players in the league.

Ports came from playing in League One.

The Sun article makes for good reading........but that rag should be treated with contempt whether good or bad news this morning. Press Conference this morning? Hmmmmm.

Not quite sure re that point. I know the Sun is hardly booker prize material. But Andy Devlin is a Well fan and as such gets more accurate and timely information than the Daily Rangers.

That and they sponsor an advert on the official website + sponsored our game v Nancy last year when no-one else would.

For those reasons I would rather read or buy the Sun than that well known other Scottish competitor.

Still, no disrespect to Stockport or any other team in that League, but i think we'd piss all over it.

I watch Carlisle fairly regularly and i would have said the team that finished third in 07/08 was head and shoulders above the Carlisle team that should have gained promotion the same year had they not bottled it. But now id swap our current squad for Carlisles any day, they would piss all over us i fear. :lol:

EDIT - Carlisles current squad was a bawhair away from relegation last year btw.

You have a fine young player there Mr Biscuit. I hope you give him a bit of time to find his feet because when he does he will score I guarantee you that. I may come down to Bristol and take a game in. How easy is to get tickets and can i pick up one on the day?

I watch Carlisle fairly regularly and i would have said the team that finished third in 07/08 was head and shoulders above the Carlisle team that should have gained promotion the same year had they not bottled it. But now id swap our current squad for Carlisles any day, they would piss all over us i fear. :lol:

EDIT - Carlisles current squad was a bawhair away from relegation last year btw.

Having just watched a fairly awful season at Brighton (who also avoided relegation by a bawhair) last time round I'd agree that the standard is not equivalent to the SPL. On the other hand however, I am frequently confounded by just how many ex SPL players look ordinary in this league (and I really mean anonymous)!

There are a good number of promising youngsters in League One, and Gannon should be familiar with the ones that are available in this division, as well as those in the Championship and dare I say it, league 2 also. The League One standard is probably better than the Scottish 1st Division, and the odd bargain still comes out of there! Its worth noting that there are some fairly big name clubs in League One, and that there will be a fair few clubs possibly paying more in wages than Motherwell can offer right now?

Given the age of his squad etc, I thought that Gannon was building something a little special at Stockport - and it is a shame that his team will never get a chance to grow, and show what they were capable of. That said, Stockport has already let a number of their players go, so perhaps those that could handle the step up have already gone?

Good luck to Clarky - I hope he does himself justice and dare I say it, moves on to bigger and better things!

Best of luck to Clarky!

I'd have hoped he was going to be a Motherwell-for-lifer, but you can't blame the guy for having a bit of ambition and if anyone deserves a lucky break it's him, given all that he's been through and how hard he has worked to get to where he is.

Must admit that while I'm sad to see him go, I'm far from gutted.

Good piece of business for us when you think we have lost Skippy, Roscoe & Porter in recent times for less money.

Best of luck to you Clarky. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to cheer you on while wearing the dark blue shirt.

Of all the players quoted in the Sun article, there is the goalkeeper and three defenders. Defence does need strengthened which is positive, the boy Josh Thompson they were talking about is 6'4" and looks as if he's seen a punch or two in his time, been a while since we've had one of them. He has only played nine first team games right enough. The other two look as if they'd be good signings, both first team regulars, managed a few goals each last season.

Not quite sure re that point. I know the Sun is hardly booker prize material. But Andy Devlin is a Well fan and as such gets more accurate and timely information than the Daily Rangers.

That and they sponsor an advert on the official website + sponsored our game v Nancy last year when no-one else would.

For those reasons I would rather read or buy the Sun than that well known other Scottish competitor.

What time was the press conference? :lol:

Done a bit of research on the Stockport players we have been 'linked' with in the Sun today.

ALL of them are defenders, Michael Reynes, Johnny Mullins and Josh Thomson.

Josh Thomson looks the business, 6 foot 4 and looks like he is built like a shit hoose. Seems to be premiership potential and has had trials with a couple of teams. If we can nick this guy it could be a bit of a coup!

We will prob end up with their 'keeper too - Owain Fon-Williams.

Some right dicks over on the Bristol board.

Clarkson is a 'boring' signing brought in from 'obscurity' who is not 'Bristol class' and is 'completely unknown'.

And people in Motherwell still use 'horse and carts' apparently.

:lol:

Sounds like the Cardiff fans reaction to McCormack and the Celtic fan to McDonald :rolleyes:

Some right dicks over on the Bristol board.

Clarkson is a 'boring' signing brought in from 'obscurity' who is not 'Bristol class' and is 'completely unknown'.

And people in Motherwell still use 'horse and carts' apparently.

;)

How many of their players have put one by petr cech then*...

*to be fair it could be loads for all I know :notworthy: