In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this possible loan signing has been mentioned.

SkySports

Well eye United starlet

Scots consider De Laet

Motherwell are weighing up a move for Manchester United youngster Ritchie De Laet, skysports.com understands.

The SPL side are looking to bolster their squad ahead of the new season and they are thought to be exploring the option of signing De Laet on loan.

Motherwell officials are believed to have watched the Belgian in recent weeks for United's reserves in pre-season action and have been impressed by De Laet.

De Laet joined United from Stoke last January and made his Premier League debut on the final day of last season against Hull.

Te 20-year-old is well down the pecking order at Old Trafford and United boss Sir Alex Fergusoncould consider loaning him out so that he can get regular first-team action under his belt.

We need a goalkeeper, a right back, an established, good quality attacking central midfielder who will score goals and a striker.

These are the positions we NEED to fill.

Giles Coke is an Attack minded midfielder. It would be folly to imagine another coming in imo.

Striker, Centre Half, Right Back, Goalie in first then we can add 'extras'.

More than one striker is required.

Sutton is a very, very average striker and won't provide enough goals to challenge for the top 6. Murphy is very raw still and again, won't provide the goals. If we sign just one striker and have to rely on Sutton/Murphy, I can see our league position dropping.

Yet last season Sutton was one of the top 10 strikers in the SPL but he's only average in Motherwell terms? We're onto a winner than as most other clubs don't even have an average striker then? :whistling:

Of course he won't fire us into the top six on his own, hell Porter, Clarkson, McFadden, Scott McDonald or McCormack on their own couldn't score enough on their own to get us into the top six, never mind Sutton.

Sutton along with one other (or maybe two others) can fire us in the Top Six. In fact, if Sutton plays over half of the games in the league, I bet he'll make it into the top 10 again goal scorers again.

Expect a signing today and another next week going by this from the fishel. happy days!

When we do bring new faces in I know I will have a more complete squad. The young players have a chance to make the squad even deeper. Looking towards next week, we have Giles Coke registered and we will have another player in by Friday and then I can work hard to get a wild card in. “As you win games the sense of urgency builds but it is important to get the right players in, and I am hopeful of one on Friday and one before the game.”

I'm oping its a striker or a keeper.Fraser's okay but not as good as Buzz and although he was good last night Suttons not that good overall.

I hope the same but to say Sutton's not that good is just folly in my opinion. I've been saying for some time that he's a cracking player if used in the right way and Gannon seems to have figured that out where McGhee never could. We do need another striker to provide competition and give us different options but if we continue playing in a similar way, this could be a superb season for the big man.

I hope the same but to say Sutton's not that good is just folly in my opinion. I've been saying for some time that he's a cracking player if used in the right way and Gannon seems to have figured that out where McGhee never could.

That's exactly it. Sutton alone up front never works because he isn't great at taking men on however last night proved having two pacy wingers gave him folk to link up with. His strength in the air and wee flicks on were absolutely integral to a few of the goals last night.

I like Sutton, and Murphy seems like he will be a significant contributor this season. However, as Gannon said post-match, he doesn't like to overuse his youngsters, so we will definitely need to bring in one other striker.

I don't mind if that doesn't happen in time for the game in Romania. Gannon has followed through on all his promises of signings so far, so I'm looking forward with interest to see who comes in next.