In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Saw it reported that Aberdeen can't afford to resign Smith, one wonders then if we could. Good player but seems a bit injury prone to boot.

I'd agree, if you could get him fit and get him signed, he'd be a fantastic addition I feel.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree pretty much with Milo.

Was out with some don's supporting mates and they want McGhee, I fear if they came in for him he would probably go.

I want to see Lasley and Fitzy stay though, both can still do well for us.

1. Aberdeen don't have the finances to pay off Calderwood

2. Aberdeen don't have the money to pay Motherwell for McGhee

3. Aberdeen's budget is not much bigger than ours as they are on a tight leash with the Bank.

4. McGhee has already distanced himself from Hibs, rejected Hearts and has already said will only leave if a better option came in. Apart from playing for them, McGhee has no real affiliation with Aberdeen. I honestly believe that the only SPL clubs McGhee will leave us for are Rangers or more likely Celtic.

I really don't get where people see these other mid-table clubs as better options that Motherwell.

1. Aberdeen don't have the finances to pay off Calderwood

2. Aberdeen don't have the money to pay Motherwell for McGhee

3. Aberdeen's budget is not much bigger than ours as they are on a tight leash with the Bank.

4. McGhee has already distanced himself from Hibs, rejected Hearts and has already said will only leave if a better option came in. Apart from playing for them, McGhee has no real affiliation with Aberdeen. I honestly believe that the only SPL clubs McGhee will leave us for are Rangers or more likely Celtic.

I really don't get where people see these other mid-table clubs as better options that Motherwell.

I'm with you on this - Aberdeen isn't the step forward McGhee craves. He will hang in with us until a good Championship job becomes avilable. I'm not worried about Aberdeen for a second.

As a little side note, got an Aberdeen supporting mate and he says a lot of their fans want Darren Ferguson! Think thats a great shout should Calderwood leave.

Still they are all moaning faced bar stewards! Calderwood has done a good job at the Dons considering their budget! They are still living in the 80's! Going out of a cup to a lower league team is no reason to demand the manger be sacked, especially when they are sitting 4th in the table!

This comes from one of those long winded I know someone that knows someone who's pal with someone who knows DC.

Anyway the gist is that McCormack has been on the phone telling him to get his arse down South.

Nothing concrete but if that is an option he is willing to look at then his agent may try plugging him over the close season. Bearing in mind that MM has also said he's surprised no-one had made a move for him yet. We could hear more about this over the coming months.

Although I'd be gutted to lose him, I think he deserves a shot to prove himself elsewhere and will wish him good luck when he does eventually move on, whether that's this year, next year of the year after remains to be seen.

Seems Fat Boab might be heading my way...

Malcolm to Roar?

Bye Bob, thanks for the goals but I hope the door doesn't hit your arse on the way out. Would hate to see the club left with a repair bill for that as well as one for the bench you've been sitting your wages on.

Wouldn't disagree with it. Been a big disappointment really, apart from two stunning free-kicks I've always been displeased with his effort or lack thereof sometimes.

After the disappointment of missing out on the top 6, and whatever benefits may come from it now has to be (and is a great time), to get rid of the deadwood still floating around the club

and bring in a bit of freshness over the summer to try and reinvigorate the squad. Its important to look at it man by man. Going on the basis of today's squad:

Smith - In my opinion has always been average. Has no control over the penalty area at doesn't install confidence whatsoever at corners or crossed balls. He is a good shot stopper but there is more to being a keeper than that. He appears to have a strange misconception over this contract issue that he may get a better move and he is better than Motherwell? I would love to know why. Anyway we have Fraser coming from Inverness, who I don't see as a bad replacement. Get Rid Of.

Mclean - I think the guy is a very talented football player, and probably the most technically gifted defender at the club, he can play at centre half or right back, and don't forget when we signed him he was a right sided midfielder. Although he has problems with fitness. Keep

Craigan - Its been shown earlier in the season that we sorely miss him when he doesn't paly, despite plenty supporters whinging every time he gets the ball. Very solid SPL centre half and adds good experiance. Without doubt. Keep.

Reynolds - Well I was honeslty really happy we managed to hang on to him last summer. He does some stupid bloody things at times, but in the realsm of the SPL, he has the very rare comodity of pace for a centre half. Still I think he needs to beef up a little, but he is still only young and on the whole is a good player. Keep.

Hammell - I know its been a while but he is not Jim Paterson :D . He isn't a very good defensive defender , and has tendancies to be dragged from the play. Useful to have around the squad but I feel we need a new left back ( Or midfielder if your MMG :O ). Not a stater by any manner but for now. Keep.

Quinn - Obviously now regarded as something of a utility man by MMG. He isn't the most gifted player on the planet. I think he is something of a liabilty, and has the talent -which many magicians spend their career chasing- disappearing. Get Rid Of.

Hughes - Don't dount for a second that he has talent, and on his day is probably the best technical player at the club. But this season has been something of a let down. Progressing is all about holding on to your better players though. Undoubtably is commanding a big wage...may be a struggle but. Keep

Klimpl - He is a very industrious player. Quite frankly he adds a bit of quality. He is very comfortable with a ball at his feet and has shown (with the exception of last weeks Rangers visit) he can rise to the ocassion for more competative games unlike many others. Although he will be looking for bigger wages. Keep

O'Brien - When he first started playing persoanlly I would have shown him the door after his three months accumlated 20 minutes. Then he came on to a bit of a game. Now he is back to where he started. Over the past few weeks his one man band impressions have started again, and it doesnt help that he doesnt have the talent to match it. Not strong enough and not good enough. Get Rid Of

Clarkson- Just now he is far and away the best striker at the club with a good work ethic, but from last season showing he needs to be playing beside good players ie. Porter and Mccormack. He doesnt score enough goals and gets too bogged in trying be a midfileder at times...but he is the best of a bad bunch . Keep

Sutton - For some reason I like sutton as a player. He is capable of scoring goals against every club outside the top three I would say so has found a level...but its not good enough. However, he didnt have a pre-season with us last year so hopefully that will help him stop looking as if he is in agony after 55 minutes....for now anyway. Keep

Fitzpatrick - Quite simply, ineffectual on too many occasions ,may put in a shift for some clubs but not good enough for where we want to be, cant pass and for a supposedly breaky up type midfielder, he is far too guilty of running beside players too much. Get Rid Of.

Darren Smith - Im going to go against the majority here and say he is not a bad player....what he needs is time on the pitch...he has been shown in the past to have scored goals from midfield, which we haven't done a lot of recently. I would be giving him one more season before I said bye to him so must get better quickly but for now. Keep.

Mcgarry - Quite a difficult one. He tries his damdest when he is on the park...but he is not a good enough player despite how endearing he is to the support. Get Rid Of

Lasley - Very compotant player, and earlier in the season I thought despite all the drivel was our outstanding man, good player to have around the squad. Keep

Malcolm - Was surprised MMG wasnt offered a job in B&Q after his signing... he obvoiulsy knows a lot about planks of wood. His wage must be ridiculous. Get Rid Of

Murphy - I know he is very young, but by god somebody feed this guy. He really needs to bulk up a bit to compete, but obviously one for the future. No brainer. Keep

Sheridan - And we slagged Callum Elliot...this guy is just as bad. I wouldn't keep him if he was going free in the summer, and anyway why are we training guys who are goin to be playing against us next year? Crazy...Get Rid Of

The rest of our youngsters should be given a run against SPL standard players in there last fe games to see whether they look as if next season they can step up to the mark.

Loans - Why do we insist of bringing loans in when they never even get a look in? They are either good enough or they aren't...if not get one of the young guys in...they are undoubtly going to be at the club longer ie. Krysiak and Aydilek

Mcghee & Leitch- Neither inspire confidence in the summer...if MMG goes ( and I pray he does) there is chance the Leitch should be the next manager, he isnt experianced enough and gets too involved in pitch affaires to take a step back and look analytically to tbe a manager, I beleive its just part of who he is? Maybe I'm wrong?....Butcher and Malpas anyone?

Anyway out of the 20 names mentioned there are 9 players I would punt, plus the manager if he feels the urge to leave.

I think we need:

2 Strikers - Someone with a bit of quality who knows where the net is...and some a bit more tricky who doesnt necessairly score goals but can get at teams.

4 Midfileders - Someone in a Obua of Hearts type mold, with a athletic physical type presence..Someone who can break and knows where the net is. And two players for both sides of the midfield.

2 - Two new full backs allowing Mclean to beocme to become a fully fleged centre half, and putting pressure on places for Quinn and Hammell.

So there wer have it 9 out 8 in its a simple as that :rolleyes:

After the disappointment of missing out on the top 6, and whatever benefits may come from it now has to be (and is a great time), to get rid of the deadwood still floating around the club

and bring in a bit of freshness over the summer to try and reinvigorate the squad. Its important to look at it man by man. Going on the basis of today's squad:

Smith - In my opinion has always been average. Has no control over the penalty area at doesn't install confidence whatsoever at corners or crossed balls. He is a good shot stopper but there is more to being a keeper than that. He appears to have a strange misconception over this contract issue that he may get a better move and he is better than Motherwell? I would love to know why. Anyway we have Fraser coming from Inverness, who I don't see as a bad replacement. Get Rid Of.

Mclean - I think the guy is a very talented football player, and probably the most technically gifted defender at the club, he can play at centre half or right back, and don't forget when we signed him he was a right sided midfielder. Although he has problems with fitness. Keep

Craigan - Its been shown earlier in the season that we sorely miss him when he doesn't paly, despite plenty supporters whinging every time he gets the ball. Very solid SPL centre half and adds good experiance. Without doubt. Keep.

Reynolds - Well I was honeslty really happy we managed to hang on to him last summer. He does some stupid bloody things at times, but in the realsm of the SPL, he has the very rare comodity of pace for a centre half. Still I think he needs to beef up a little, but he is still only young and on the whole is a good player. Keep.

Hammell - I know its been a while but he is not Jim Paterson :D . He isn't a very good defensive defender , and has tendancies to be dragged from the play. Useful to have around the squad but I feel we need a new left back ( Or midfielder if your MMG :D ). Not a stater by any manner but for now. Keep.

Quinn - Obviously now regarded as something of a utility man by MMG. He isn't the most gifted player on the planet. I think he is something of a liabilty, and has the talent -which many magicians spend their career chasing- disappearing. Get Rid Of.

Hughes - Don't dount for a second that he has talent, and on his day is probably the best technical player at the club. But this season has been something of a let down. Progressing is all about holding on to your better players though. Undoubtably is commanding a big wage...may be a struggle but. Keep

Klimpl - He is a very industrious player. Quite frankly he adds a bit of quality. He is very comfortable with a ball at his feet and has shown (with the exception of last weeks Rangers visit) he can rise to the ocassion for more competative games unlike many others. Although he will be looking for bigger wages. Keep

O'Brien - When he first started playing persoanlly I would have shown him the door after his three months accumlated 20 minutes. Then he came on to a bit of a game. Now he is back to where he started. Over the past few weeks his one man band impressions have started again, and it doesnt help that he doesnt have the talent to match it. Not strong enough and not good enough. Get Rid Of

Clarkson- Just now he is far and away the best striker at the club with a good work ethic, but from last season showing he needs to be playing beside good players ie. Porter and Mccormack. He doesnt score enough goals and gets too bogged in trying be a midfileder at times...but he is the best of a bad bunch . Keep

Sutton - For some reason I like sutton as a player. He is capable of scoring goals against every club outside the top three I would say so has found a level...but its not good enough. However, he didnt have a pre-season with us last year so hopefully that will help him stop looking as if he is in agony after 55 minutes....for now anyway. Keep

Fitzpatrick - Quite simply, ineffectual on too many occasions ,may put in a shift for some clubs but not good enough for where we want to be, cant pass and for a supposedly breaky up type midfielder, he is far too guilty of running beside players too much. Get Rid Of.

Darren Smith - Im going to go against the majority here and say he is not a bad player....what he needs is time on the pitch...he has been shown in the past to have scored goals from midfield, which we haven't done a lot of recently. I would be giving him one more season before I said bye to him so must get better quickly but for now. Keep.

Mcgarry - Quite a difficult one. He tries his damdest when he is on the park...but he is not a good enough player despite how endearing he is to the support. Get Rid Of

Lasley - Very compotant player, and earlier in the season I thought despite all the drivel was our outstanding man, good player to have around the squad. Keep

Malcolm - Was surprised MMG wasnt offered a job in B&Q after his signing... he obvoiulsy knows a lot about planks of wood. His wage must be ridiculous. Get Rid Of

Murphy - I know he is very young, but by god somebody feed this guy. He really needs to bulk up a bit to compete, but obviously one for the future. No brainer. Keep

Sheridan - And we slagged Callum Elliot...this guy is just as bad. I wouldn't keep him if he was going free in the summer, and anyway why are we training guys who are goin to be playing against us next year? Crazy...Get Rid Of

The rest of our youngsters should be given a run against SPL standard players in there last fe games to see whether they look as if next season they can step up to the mark.

Loans - Why do we insist of bringing loans in when they never even get a look in? They are either good enough or they aren't...if not get one of the young guys in...they are undoubtly going to be at the club longer ie. Krysiak and Aydilek

Mcghee & Leitch- Neither inspire confidence in the summer...if MMG goes ( and I pray he does) there is chance the Leitch should be the next manager, he isnt experianced enough and gets too involved in pitch affaires to take a step back and look analytically to tbe a manager, I beleive its just part of who he is? Maybe I'm wrong?....Butcher and Malpas anyone?

Anyway out of the 20 names mentioned there are 9 players I would punt, plus the manager if he feels the urge to leave.

I think we need:

2 Strikers - Someone with a bit of quality who knows where the net is...and some a bit more tricky who doesnt necessairly score goals but can get at teams.

4 Midfileders - Someone in a Obua of Hearts type mold, with a athletic physical type presence..Someone who can break and knows where the net is. And two players for both sides of the midfield.

2 - Two new full backs allowing Mclean to beocme to become a fully fleged centre half, and putting pressure on places for Quinn and Hammell.

Ah, somebody after my own heart. Great well argued post mate. But get your steel helmet on because the flak will begin flying towards you soon. :O

I am ready to get thown all kinds of stuff at me but me 100%out is:

Clarkson. I cant see him anymore. I do see other players running and fighting liek McGarry. He is trying his best and gets abuse for what reason, where everyone loves someone who doesnt have any technical ability what so ever! Clarkson scores the odd goal, but everytime a goalscorer left he complelty dissappeared.

McDonald left, Clarkson didnt take over. Porter left again Clarkson did nothing. That somehow shows me he is not ready to step up to the challenge. The argument that he is still young doesnt count for long anymore. Just bc he came out of the own ranks?? tststs. Why not playing Kit Man Alan then? No disrespect to him, but he can run as well and he doesnt need to do more to match Clarksons performance!

The problem with all the analysis KMAC is that it doesn't take into consideration how much money will be available.

Of the players leaving do you really think we will receive fees for them, probably not. Add into that the dismal cup runs, missing out on the top six and the revenue that it brings and the biggest one of all the fact it is going to cost an estimated £250,000 to get the pitch fixed properly.

So I agree that changes have to be made but I believe that there may be players leaving but money won't be available to bring in the players we would want and need!!!

:D:D:rolleyes::O:O

Hammell - I know its been a while but he is not Jim Paterson :O . He isn't a very good defensive defender , and has tendancies to be dragged from the play. Useful to have around the squad but I feel we need a new left back ( Or midfielder if your MMG :O ). Not a stater by any manner but for now. Keep.

I think we need:

Lumpin Fuck - It must have taken you ages to come up with that unadulterated shite.

Oh and who do you suppose we bring in to replace them exactly? If you would get rid of Jim O'Brien your off your nut hes been a candidate for man of the match in just about all the games hes played. Get a grip, we're Motherwell not Barcelona. One shite game doesn't make them shite players.

"4 Midfileders - Someone in a Obua of Hearts type mold, with a athletic physical type presence..Someone who can break and knows where the net is. And two players for both sides of the midfield."

Had to laugh at this bit of your post kmac, he is one of the worst players I have seen play against us at FP this season. His first touch was terrible and for a big guy he got bullied by smaller well players all game. I would take Marc Fitzpatrick, Jim O'Brien and Steven McGarry over him every time!

I am ready to get thown all kinds of stuff at me but me 100%out is:

Clarkson. I cant see him anymore. I do see other players running and fighting liek McGarry. He is trying his best and gets abuse for what reason, where everyone loves someone who doesnt have any technical ability what so ever! Clarkson scores the odd goal, but everytime a goalscorer left he complelty dissappeared.

Clarkson has scored in 5 matches since Porter left Motherwell, Porter scored in 6 matches all season. Clarkson has scored in 9 matches overall this season.

Clarkson has 10 goals this season to Porters 9 with only a few more games played. Considering Clarkson has often been played wide or behind the strikers it's a comparable record.

The only Scot to score more SPL goals than Clarkson this season is Kris Boyd.