In's And Out's

AndyRoss

I don't think we can afford to let anyone go as we can't now afford to bring many quality players in.

What we will see is all the top earners going:- Porter (already gone of course), Malcolm, Hughes.

Smith looks almost certain to go.

Obviously the loan deals will also leave:- Krysiak, Sheridan, Klimpl (who may or may not return).

Not certain but don't be surprised if we HAVE to make a transfer sale, probably Reynolds or Clarkson.

That leaves us with about 15-16 players and possible less if we have to sell one or two.

With reduced financial resources we are going to have to bring in at least 4 players (excluding Fraser who is already confirmed).

GK - Fraser

DF - Quinn, Craigan, McLean, Reynolds (?), Hammell

MF - O'Brien, McGarry, Lasley, Fitzpatrick, D. Smith

FW - Clarkson (?), Sutton, Murphy

Not much of a squad! We'll definitely need a new goalkeeper and a striker. Midfield looks the weakest area mostly composed of fringe players so we'll have to bring in at least two midfielders (possibly Klimpl returning and a replacement for Hughes).

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graeme Smith- pretty much gone anyway. Think he has been one of our more consistant players. If there is anychance of keeping him i'd be delighted.

Paul Quinn- Good Right back far more acomplished than Mclean at RB so would definetly keep him.

Mark Reynolds - If im perfectly honest im gutted that we never took the offer from Rangers. Lucky if we'd get half of that after recent performances. Should have been dropped weeks ago. He has been terrible for the last few weeks. Mcghees Golden Boy.

Big Craggs - Getting on now but by far our most acomplished player. However his pace is a major factor. Too slow in getting back. Good player but possibly this level i just to high tempo. Wouldnt be happy to keep him all the same.

Stevie Hammell - Straight to the point - Give me Jim Paterson every day of the week. Has Looked half the player he was since his return.

Brian Mclean - Has been pretty poor since his return. Its clear he is definetly Not a right back. Not to sure if he should be kept. Has he done enough in the time he has been here?

Jim O'Brien -Start of the season i quote myself, 'Most pointless signing in the SPL' i had no idea why we signed him as we had been playing without wingers the whole of last season. definetly looked like a squad player when he came. How i have had to eat those words. Since Christmas he has been one of our top players and a real find. Last few weeks he's not been up to scratch however his contribution this season has been good. Has to Stay.

Steeeeeevie Hughes - From what ive been hearing hes pretty much on his way. The playmaker of the team. Makes everything happen with his superb passing ability and calmness. However for a CM his shooting is terrible and after watching Dorman fire one in like he did id love to see him being able to shoot but if we can keep him i personally would be delighted.

Big Maros Klimpl - What to say, a real hit with the fans and the real gritty player we have needed for years. We Must keep him even though the last couple of weeks his performances have been sub-standard since we finally got to see him he has been nothing short of awesome.

David Clarkson - Mr Motherwell. Love seeing him in the Scotland setup. Good striker and cant really picture Motherwell without him. Think he needs to add a couple more goals to his name but he still deserves his place.

John Sutton - What does he do? Just a poor mans Kris Boyd. Really wouldnt be bothered if he left.

Jamie Murphy - Was screaming for him to be brought on at half time yesterday. Pacey Striker/ Winger. Alot of potential fingers crossed he lives up to it.

Mark Fitzpatrick - Personally i rate him. Good passer and is prepared to do ugly stuff. However his inconsistancy means he cannot hold down a first team place. Im not to sure if he should be kept or not.

Keith Lasley - Think he is a Top Top player and the only reason he is out of the team is because of Klimpl's outstanding form. Would definetly keep him. Direct replacement for Shug?

Darren Lee Smith - My neighbour. I think its clear to everyone that he is not good enough to keep a regular place in the team. Alot of potential but think a few seasons of first team football in say the first division would do him the world of good.

Cillian Sheridan - Not really had the chance to prove his undoubted talent. Back to Celtic.

Big Boab - Sooner hes gone the better. Good freekick taker but thats it.

Mmmmmgarraaa - Good Division 1 player. Has done ok since we signed him. Thought the start of last season he was at his best but id rather have his wages.

McGhee - Phenomenal first season words cant describe. However his tactical blunders this season have cost us dearly. Second season syndrome? However it will be interesting to see what he does in the transfer window I think that will show how committed he is to Motherwell and his long term plans.

Thoughts?

Edited by Well-Made
Merged this with post to keep things tidy

Yes a busy pre-season for MM and his plans for next season must start NOW. Personally i dont want to see him in the dugout again this season as he's off to eye up possible new signings for next season. I'm sure Ayelik the boy from Birminham (what the fecks the point of bringing a left sided midfielder on loan only to discover he's not good enough) will be off. Bob Malcolm (another waste of space and i dont think he gave us 100%) will be off. Hughes unfotunately will be off to the Championship.Graeme Smith will be off to a 'BIGGER' club where i believe he'll be found out and play reserve football. I'd also show the door to McGarryand Fitzpatrick to let them play in our 1st div with the likes of Partick Thistle. People like O'Brian and Sutton i'd give them to xmas to get their fingers out and if anyone wants to bid 750g's for Mark Reynolds i'll personally drive him to their club. :( . So hopefully big changes during the summer with a central defender 2 midfielders and 2 strikers required to get us back on track.I'd use some money 'if' we sell Reynolds i'd like to see us go for the boy Haining from St.Mirren whose a FAR better central defender and would be in the 250grand bracket so we'd make a profit too. You know it makes sense. :( .

Lumpin Fuck - It must have taken you ages to come up with that unadulterated shite.

Lets not forget....in the end we are going to finish 7th or possibly lower this season!!!...do you honestly think this is good enough?....take off the Motherwell tinted specs and look at it reasonably surely anyone with half a brain knows that around half that squad are inadequate

In - I think we should make a cheeky bid for Kirk Broadfoot, he is punching above his weight at rangers, and would play well for us.

Also, Lee Naylor is out of favour and would be a huge hit with us.

Well, well, well, well, well

Nah I think we should go for Vidic and Patrice Evra - the two of them have had great seasons!!! :rolleyes::lol::P

Yes a busy pre-season for MM and his plans for next season must start NOW. Personally i dont want to see him in the dugout again this season as he's off to eye up possible new signings for next season. I'm sure Ayelik the boy from Birminham (what the fecks the point of bringing a left sided midfielder on loan only to discover he's not good enough) will be off. Bob Malcolm (another waste of space and i dont think he gave us 100%) will be off. Hughes unfotunately will be off to the Championship.Graeme Smith will be off to a 'BIGGER' club where i believe he'll be found out and play reserve football. I'd also show the door to McGarryand Fitzpatrick to let them play in our 1st div with the likes of Partick Thistle. People like O'Brian and Sutton i'd give them to xmas to get their fingers out and if anyone wants to bid 750g's for Mark Reynolds i'll personally drive him to their club. :rolleyes: . So hopefully big changes during the summer with a central defender 2 midfielders and 2 strikers required to get us back on track.I'd use some money 'if' we sell Reynolds i'd like to see us go for the boy Haining from St.Mirren whose a FAR better central defender and would be in the 250grand bracket so we'd make a profit too. You know it makes sense. :lol: .

Have to totally agree with everything you have mentioned here dewell.

Although, I'm sure Ayelik has already been sent home due to injury.

If Falkirk go down we should look to some of there boys to bring up - maybe Higdon, Cregg, Barr, Arfield, etc. Would love to see us go for Leigh Griffiths, but think he will be poached by much bigger club. Also the boy Bob Harris at Queen of the South. Left back or left wing, terrific left foot.

Lets not forget....in the end we are going to finish 7th or possibly lower this season!!!...do you honestly think this is good enough?....take off the Motherwell tinted specs and look at it reasonably surely anyone with half a brain knows that around half that squad are inadequate

I'm disappointed - and think we should have finished higher.

Yet in the grand scheme of things 7th is good enough for me!

What I disagree with is your assessment of a lot of the players. I think you've got a high % way of the mark

I've been following Motherwell long enough to know that we'll have to hang on to as many of those guys as we can.

We'll let Boab go - and unfortunately I think Klimpl (and the other loans as well) - for financial reasons.

Plus Shug and Buzz will depart.

The rest we'll try to keep.

For fuck's sake stop the moaning.

Alright we have struggled at times this season, however at times we have looked like the team from last season. Some players have not recaptured their earlier form or consistency but that's nothing new.

I am as disapointed as anyone about finishing in the bottom 6, but I have seen us finish a lot worse and play a lot worse for that matter.

Mark McGhee was always on a hiding to nothing this season after our success last season, I for one hope he stays and rebuilds the team, gets the backing he deserves and hopefully improves the team again next season.

Let's just enjoy the last 5 games ,support the team and look forward to whatever next season will bring.

For fuck's sake stop the moaning.

Alright we have struggled at times this season, however at times we have looked like the team from last season. Some players have not recaptured their earlier form or consistency but that's nothing new.

I am as disapointed as anyone about finishing in the bottom 6, but I have seen us finish a lot worse and play a lot worse for that matter.

Mark McGhee was always on a hiding to nothing this season after our success last season, I for one hope he stays and rebuilds the team, gets the backing he deserves and hopefully improves the team again next season.

Let's just enjoy the last 5 games ,support the team and look forward to whatever next season will bring.

i dont know who you have been watching mate but we have looked nothing like the team we where last season. To often this season we have looked like a team lacking confidence and belief

Have to totally agree with everything you have mentioned here dewell.

Although, I'm sure Ayelik has already been sent home due to injury.

If Falkirk go down we should look to some of there boys to bring up - maybe Higdon, Cregg, Barr, Arfield, etc. Would love to see us go for Leigh Griffiths, but think he will be poached by much bigger club. Also the boy Bob Harris at Queen of the South. Left back or left wing, terrific left foot.

Bob Harris is a great shout and I know that he has been watched by Motherwell scouts(I posted earlier in the year that he may be heading our way) and a good few other SPL Clubs. As you say, a great left foot and quick to boot. He's young, but having seen him play a few times this year he looks more than able. To make another QOS connection, they had GK Cameron Bell on loan at the start of the season (now on the Killie bench). He has been approached by several SPL clubs including Motherwell. St Johnstone are also very keen to sign him.

Bob Harris is a great shout and I know that he has been watched by Motherwell scouts(I posted earlier in the year that he may be heading our way) and a good few other SPL Clubs. As you say, a great left foot and quick to boot. He's young, but having seen him play a few times this year he looks more than able. To make another QOS connection, they had GK Callum Bell on loan at the start of the season (now on the Killie bench). He has been approached by several SPL clubs including Motherwell. St Johnstone are also very keen to sign him.

Read one of his books before, good Motherwell fan... :D

It's already mathematically impossible to be relegated.

Not 100% sure without making my head hurt too much, but i think it is still conceivably possible for us to be caught on goal difference, with all 6 clubs on 41 points!