In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Well we've seen him about half a dozen times for Motherwell, and probably about the same against Motherwell, so I'd say double figures games is plenty to judge whether someone is good enough or not. Not to mention the fact that every manager he's ever had has relegated him to number 2.

Amazing memory you have, I can only mind him wearing a skin tight ridiculous looking outfit when he was wi' Caley and that was after he'd signed the pre-contract. Before that I had no reason to notice him. He hasn't played half a dozen games for us though. And I doubt you've paid enough attention to him in the games he played against us to seriously form a judgement.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I wouldn't, but he was all over the papers for his general pish-ness while at ICT. Admittedly, that was mainly because he had a shocker at Ibrox (like Ruddy did!) but he's been under scrutiny his whole career, and the cynic in me thinks McGhee signed a dud on inflated wages on purpose when he knew he was offski.

If we all turn out to be wrong, you can quote this thread 'til your heart's content...but we'll not be!

and the cynic in me thinks McGhee signed a dud on inflated wages on purpose when he knew he was offski.
Why would he do that? To make himself look like a tosser with no eye for a decent player? Or to screw over JB (who's still his best bud)?

It's the same whenever a new keeper takes over, or is about to, from a favourite although Fraser's case seems strange as I didnae think Buzz was that well liked.

He might be shite, he might not. Just think he deserves a bit more of a chance than many seem prepared to give him.

"Patronising Motherwell Fans in Moral High Ground Shocker"

To view the world through claret and amber tinted spectacles to such an extent that you cannot find fault in any Motherwell player or other aspect of the club does not make you a better standard of fan. It actually makes you more akin to a Spaniel.

the cynic in me thinks McGhee signed a dud on inflated wages on purpose when he knew he was offski.

Motherwell had been trying to sign Michael Fraser since Butcher was the manager, so it wasn't just down to McGhee........

As for him being 'dropped' at Inverness, that was because he'd signed a pre-contract at Fir Park.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he leaves in the summer anyway to head back north.

Granted I haven't saw much of Fraser but what i have saw i was a player who didn't look all that confident in his ability.

The Euro game against the albainian mob, we are 7 up and he was flapping at a cross and then a weak shot.

He might be a good back up keeper but i wouldn't fancy him as my number 1.

granted look at Ruddy against st johnstone... the one where he dived over the ball.

Lee

Motherwell had been trying to sign Michael Fraser since Butcher was the manager, so it wasn't just down to McGhee........

As for him being 'dropped' at Inverness, that was because he'd signed a pre-contract at Fir Park.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he leaves in the summer anyway to head back north.

What people forget is, he was dropped for signing a Pre-Contract but then the post split games he was brought back, because Butcher thought he was the man to save them...

I wouldn't be surprised if he re-joins Caley either.

What people forget is, he was dropped for signing a Pre-Contract but then the post split games he was brought back, because Butcher thought he was the man to save them...

I wouldn't be surprised if he re-joins Caley either.

I know Butcher was keen to keep him but I was under the impression he was dropped after shipping 5 goals in the first 45 minutes at Ibrox? Heard the odd rumour as well that he could be heading back.

Part of the reason for my paranoia, and possibly part of the reason he gets a harder time than he maybe deserves from 'Well fans, is his supposed £2k p/w wage packet. But to say he's only getting a hard time because he is to replace Ruddy is completely wrong, as almost everyone on here had identified a new 1st choice keeper as one of our main priorities before big Ruddy had even been mentioned.

Personally, I have seen Fraser struggle/drop too many crosses for not only us already but also when he played with ICT. We drew 2-2 with ICT at Fir Park near the end of last season and I thought Fraser, who had been reinstated to the team by then, was poor. Kicking and ownership of his own box wasn't the best

Agreed mate. Last season he looked far from impressive for ICT at Fir Park, and lost a poor goal in the air. His early season performances for us in Europe were also none too impressive. Its on those games that I base my views.

ICT dropped him after a poor display at Ibrox.

Part of the reason for my paranoia, and possibly part of the reason he gets a harder time than he maybe deserves from 'Well fans, is his supposed £2k p/w wage packet.

But was that not a rumour from someone who heard it from a taxi-driver up there? Just saying, that seems like the type of thing that gets accepted as fact on here when the truth could be much, much different

I have never seen the point in debating with an obvious idiot.

To be fair, he did have a point...

"Patronising Motherwell Fans in Moral High Ground Shocker"

To view the world through claret and amber tinted spectacles to such an extent that you cannot find fault in any Motherwell player or other aspect of the club does not make you a better standard of fan. It actually makes you more akin to a Spaniel.

To be fair, he did have a point...

Careful mate - You don't want to be agreeing with me or you will be treated with contempt by the self-appointed hierarchy of 'Well fans auld codgers that think they know better just cos they're auld codgers and their merry band of followers.

They don't need to justify their point - they are just right. All the time. :thumbup:

Careful mate - You don't want to be agreeing with me or you will be treated with contempt by the self-appointed hierarchy of 'Well fans auld codgers that think they know better just cos they're auld codgers and their merry band of followers.

They don't need to justify their point - they are just right. All the time. :thumbup:

The penny draps ;)

And don't you forget it.

Thats the most sense I have read from you ever.

Less of the old codger shite though.