In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McLean left he'd get my best wishes. The guy hasn't had a chance (when fit) so he'd be quite right to go, although I hope he stays.

He played the whole run in after coming back from injury and is now a first team player. How can he not have been given a chance?

I see where your coming from mate and anyone else i'd probably agree, but not with the big fella. We stand by him for two injuries and he just leaves us when he starts playing well? Fuck that.

Hopefully he stays and this chat will be irrelavent

What's he meant to do though? Hang aboot for 4 months on beans on toast / pot noodles just in case we get ourselves sorted out and offer him a deal?

How can Clarkson be 500k and Fletcher £50 million or whatever people are valuing him these days.. Correct me if im wrong but oustside the OF infact apart from Kris Boyd was Clarky not the top Scottish goalscorer in the league?

Motherwell.. Cardiffs Feeder Club since 1927

He played the whole run in after coming back from injury and is now a first team player. How can he not have been given a chance?

I always believed MMG's first choice back four was Quinn, Reynolds, Craggs and Hammell. He played when other folk were injured or suspended or when Quinn was at right mid. He just always seemed to be firm 5th choice defender when in my mind the only player better than him is Craigan.

£500k isn't too bad considering Clarky's only got a year left to run on his contract. Saying that, however, I'd much rather we tied him down for another couple of years. I wonder how long Fletcher has left on his contract.

I reckon we'll get a wee bit more than that IF he goes.

I'm hoping that Clarky is one of those players in the mould that would sign an extended contract with the club with the agreement on the club's part that if a decent offer comes in we wouldn't stand in his way.

Win - Win - I see Clarky being up for that.

If Craigan is in temporary charge just now, is he in a position to offer guys like McLean new deals and try and persuade them to stay?

Is Melly still there as well or he did he go to Aberdeen with MMG and SL?

If Craigan is in temporary charge just now, is he in a position to offer guys like McLean new deals and try and persuade them to stay?

I would imagine Craigan is only going to be taking the pre-season training. I think Boyle's talk of a temporary manager has made some folks think we will be getting someone in to do deals and tie up contracts - far from the case, I would hope. Don't think there will be anything happening until the new guy gets his bum on the seat.

Kevin Kyle is 27 or 28. A bit of a laughing stock in the Berti Vogts era but scored 8 goals in 11 games for Killie last season and generally done ok, if it wasn't for injuries setting him back likes of us or Killie wouldn't get near him. Also I think Killie got him on an 18 month deal and are hoping to tie him up for longer but I not 100% sure on that.

Also the same names get mentioned because they all did decent jobs for us and seem like realistic targets, by all means if we can get better great but I'd not knock back any of the 3 you mention at this point though I'd have concerns about JP's weight and Foran's lifestyle.

You are absolutely spot on Kyle signed on for 18 months with a release clause if killie went down both ma killie supporting m8s told me this so kyle is a no go.

That is him weeyin. It was on the 5pm news on Real Radio. They were talking about how Sanchez has "thrown his hat into the ring" with regards to the manager's job. They then stated we had signed said Dumbarton player. Anyone else hear this??

His wikipaedia entry sounds encouraging as far as it goes. Set backs with injury, not to proud to go down the divisions to get a game. Might be a potential gem he might be rotten but coming even from a succesful Dumbarton team not likely to be a huge risk in terms of wages.

I reckon we'll get a wee bit more than that IF he goes.

I'm hoping that Clarky is one of those players in the mould that would sign an extended contract with the club with the agreement on the club's part that if a decent offer comes in we wouldn't stand in his way.

Win - Win - I see Clarky being up for that.

Spot on with that.

With Clarky the ONLY player who has REAL attachment to the club we would be daft not to be doing EVERYTHING we can to get him tied up for at least another two years.

Like you say, if an offer comes in for him that is over a certain amount (£500K?) then we don;t stand in his way.

Boyle!! - Do It!!!

With Clarky the ONLY player who has REAL attachment to the club we would be daft not to be doing EVERYTHING we can to get him tied up for at least another two years.

Agree in theory but what if the player downright refuses to extend his contract or simply won't give an answer? Simo anyone?