In's And Out's

AndyRoss

His uncle is a Holiday tycoon. John a think his first name is a can't remember the surname tho :lol:

I watched him play 3 times against my local team - Annan Athletic last season and although I might just have missed him through beer, pies and pissing, I can't remember him being a stand out.

Hope he does well though and takes his chance if he gets one. They seemed to be a quick, young team and deseved to go up.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF we've signed this guy Boyle (not a great beliver in Real Radio), then I hope the new manager is in place just waiting to be confirmed. Or have we learned nothing from the Simon Mensing debacle? Were he an 17 or 18 year old, likely to be under Gordon Young's stewardship, I could see the point.

No harm to the guy, just seem to be putting the cart before the horse if we're signing players...

Agree in theory but what if the player downright refuses to extend his contract or simply won't give an answer? Simo anyone?

That's why people dont have the same affection, shall we say, for Pearson, McCormack, MacDonald etc.

McFadden was a different kettle of fish.

According to this, Beevers is on his way to us after all....

Ex West Brom boss Tony Mowbray becoming the new boss of Celtic is hardly news to Imp fans. It is however to Motherwell and Colchester target Lee Beevers who`s on off move to 'Well, and an alleged pre contract agreement may now come to fruition. Whilst Mark McGhee had been in the running for an old firm role, Beevers had also been considering a counter offer from long-term admirer and ex Celtic legend Paul Lambert.

It would appear Beevers gamble to take his chances might have hit the jackpot. Last seasons impressive displays in League 2 could well be rewarded by European Football and an outing or 8 against the old firm next season.

We wish Beevers well after offering us his versatile all-heart services since his £50,000 transfer from Boston. Playing in front of over 50,000 four times next year would be any players dream.

Ex West Brom boss Tony Mowbray becoming the new boss of Celtic is hardly news to Imp fans. It is however to Motherwell and Colchester target Lee Beevers who`s on off move to 'Well, and an alleged pre contract agreement may now come to fruition. Whilst Mark McGhee had been in the running for an old firm role, Beevers had also been considering a counter offer from long-term admirer and ex Celtic legend Paul Lambert.

It would appear Beevers gamble to take his chances might have hit the jackpot. Last seasons impressive displays in League 2 could well be rewarded by European Football and an outing or 8 against the old firm next season.

We wish Beevers well after offering us his versatile all-heart services since his £50,000 transfer from Boston. Playing in front of over 50,000 four times next year would be any players dream.

I'm assuming from Lincoln's official site, Ricky? Nothing definite there but certainly sounds like they think he's coming to Fir Park. Which begs the question, IF this turns out to be true, who is making the decision to sign players at the moment? I mentioned in relation to the Patrick Boyle story as well. It's all very well saying that any manager coming into a club has to work with the players at his disposal, but to bring in new players who will take up a wage whether the new man wants them or not, would seem a very strange decision to me. I'm all for strengthening the squad, we all know it needs it. But I don't want us to find ourselves with a couple of Simon Mensing situations developing...

I might be suffering from a lack of slep but I'm not quite understanding of how Mowbray's appointment at Celtic paves the way for Beevers to come here!?

I might be suffering from a lack of slep but I'm not quite understanding of how Mowbray's appointment at Celtic paves the way for Beevers to come here!?

I'm assuming it's kind of a token reference to Scottish football "We might not be interested in Mowbray being Celtic manager, but Lee Beevers now will be...". Like you, I was puzzled by the reference but that's the only thing I can come up with...

I don't think they are trying to say it paves the way. I think they are saying (badly) that Mowbray's appointment at Celtic isn't of any interest to the club, but is of interest to Beevers because he will playing against them in the SPL.

I think.

If we aren't getting a new manager in before Europe then someone needs to be signing players, can't go into the campaign with the current squad minus the out of contract players and no replacements.

Agreed MJ, for the second time today too!!

agreed, but managers need a team to start with, so a few new signings would bring us up to almost a full squad

Yeah but that would mean part of the new managers budget (signing / wages) being blown on someone who he might not want. (potentially)

I thought he Beevers fella had signed for someone else anyway?

And hasn't Boyle done this sort of thing before? Some guy called Frodo (!?!?) Hansen from the Faroes or something? We ended up finding his contract in a drawer or something and ripped it up and then we got sued? All very strange these goings on.

I thought he Beevers fella had signed for someone else anyway?

And hasn't Boyle done this sort of thing before? Some guy called Frodo (!?!?) Hansen from the Faroes or something? We ended up finding his contract in a drawer or something and ripped it up and then we got sued? All very strange these goings on.

Nearly.

It was a Finnish defender by the name of Harri Ylonen (sp?) who his namesake Mr Kampmann had signed on a pre-contract to join us when the Finnish season ended in the October of 1998.

By then Billy Davies was in charge and didn't want him, and I think we agreed a settlement with him.

Surely with McGhee wanting Jim Paterson back at Aberdeen, and with Plymouth looking ready to allow him a season long loan, John Boyle could step in and offer him another season at firpark along with a new manager exciting manager to work beside???

Anyone know anything about Klimpl? i know he was going back home to see his family and then coming back over to have a meeting with the manager and Boyle, but with McGhee away does anyone know if this ever went ahead? surely with Boyle giving the go ahead for us to sign Boyle and the other lad, he would be persuing Klimpl?