In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Yeah but that would mean part of the new managers budget (signing / wages) being blown on someone who he might not want. (potentially)

Might do but we can't afford to go into a Euro campaign with what we have. Otherwise the campaign might not even get going. Signings are a must before training begins, someone has to take responsibility for that. We can't wait for any new manager to come in cos chances are the games will have started before he takes over.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might do but we can't afford to go into a Euro campaign with what we have. Otherwise the campaign might not even get going. Signings are a must before training begins, someone has to take responsibility for that. We can't wait for any new manager to come in cos chances are the games will have started before he takes over.

While I agree to an extent with yerself and the esteemed Mr Elder, if that part in bold is true, we'll really be dragging our feet. The first game is on the 2nd of July. Sheepy McShovelface left on the 12th June and had been on his way out for about a week before that (some might say for about 18 months before :nod: ), so surely having a manager in for the start of July is not too much to ask for...?

fair shout.

I've bee kinda de-prioritising Europe in preference for a decent league campaign.

I know it might sound like sacrilege but I think the league campaign or a cup run is where it's at for us this year in lieu of shammy gub buggering off. if we get anything from Europe its a bonus.

My own preference is that we let the new guy decide who's in and who's out whenever he gets here as I'm pretty sure his budget will be miniscule.

We need a new man at the helm asap. Someone with a bit of experience of the lower english leagues could be good and maybe pick up a few little gems like Porter was. Gary Mac fits the bill and with his contact at the likes of Liverpool maybe we could be a club that they send some of their young boys to for first team experience. Hopefully the manager will actually play them instead of them getting splinters from sitting on the bench all season long like Mutley did with the guys from Birmingham last season.

Paddy Boyle deal already done apparently. Just waiting on the new manager. Hope he doesn't turn out like Mensing.

While I welcome the news that we're apparently improving the depth of our squad, left back seems a strange place to start. Especially since, as others on here have pointed out, Stevie Hammell led us for assists by some way last season...

While I welcome the news that we're apparently improving the depth of our squad, left back seems a strange place to start. Especially since, as others on here have pointed out, Stevie Hammell led us for assists by some way last season...

left back is probably where we are shortest. reynolds isn't good enough on the ball to play fullback and paul quinn will probably be playing up front at some point next season so a bit of cheap cover will be handy. doesn't say much for our LB in the u19s though.

left back is probably where we are shortest.

Eh, we have two centre midfielders on the books. After Lasley and Fitzpatrick, it's either boys who've never kicked a ball in anger for us, Paul Quinn or Steven McGarry. While I like the idea of more defensive cover, it wouldn't have been my priority...

Eh, we have two centre midfielders on the books.

i kind of forgot about that. i suppose i'm still living in a bit of hope that we might keep hughes (and buzz and mclean).

we did need cover at left back though. patrick joseph gerrard boyle might come in handy next season.

i kind of forgot about that. i suppose i'm still living in a bit of hope that we might keep hughes (and buzz and mclean).

we did need cover at left back though. patrick joseph gerrard boyle might come in handy next season.

See I'm working on the assumption that Hughes is away (doesn't seem to be much talk about Graeme Smith, so who knows??). If the guy Beevers, who can apparently play anywhere in the back four, signs then for me we'd be sorted for cover at the back and it'd be curtains for Brian McLean.

IF it's confirmed that Boyle has signed then I'll welcome the fact we have cover for left back. But Hammell has a good record injury/suspension wise up until now so I don't know how much we'll see of the guy...

I had a wee squint at P&B earlier and a couple of Dumbarton fans seem to think we've pulled off a bit of a coup and snapped up a real prospect. Realistically, it's more likely we've pulled off a bit of a coo. Hopefully I'm wrong.

See I'm working on the assumption that Hughes is away (doesn't seem to be much talk about Graeme Smith, so who knows??). If the guy Beevers, who can apparently play anywhere in the back four, signs then for me we'd be sorted for cover at the back and it'd be curtains for Brian McLean.

IF it's confirmed that Boyle has signed then I'll welcome the fact we have cover for left back. But Hammell has a good record injury/suspension wise up until now so I don't know how much we'll see of the guy...

Who says we won't sell Hammy?

Who says we won't sell Hammy?

Distinct possibility, I s'ppose. Funny when people talk about our saleable assets (and I include myself in this), they talk about Clarkson, Quinn and Reynolds and forget Stevie Hammell. Part of the reason, I would guess, is that he didn't settle in England and in terms of clubs in Scotland, they fall into probably wouldn't want him (the Old Firm) or couldn't afford to buy him (everybody else). If he was to go to another club in the SPL outwith the Old Firm, I reckon you'd be looking at a swap deal which opens up all sorts of questions.

Or as weeyin says, maybe the new guy, Boyle, is versatile...

Has Richie Foran signed for St Johnstone yet? If not, why can't we move for him. I thought he played a blinder against us a few weeks ago. A striker or left midfield, costs nothing and popular around Fir Park.

Come home Richie

Caught on the horns regards Foran. Tends never to work second time around, but while agreeing he was never a world beater, he wasn't as useless as some are making out either. Would he be as likely to nick a goal as John Sutton is? Discuss...

I thought he played a blinder in that last ICT game and was screaming at his team mates to support him and harry our defence out of possession.

I though he faded quite badly in his spell here - however if he played most weeks like he did in that last game - I'd be glad to see him. If he's gonna live in the mega bar again then no thanks.