In's And Out's

AndyRoss

*cough cough* return to school *cough*.... sorry bad cold :wallbash:

Stop being a fanny, and get that swine flu seen too!

Heard big news today.. don't know about the truth in it but here it goes...

Leitch was offered the job immediately and knocked it back due to being told (some of this stuff we already know)

Clarkson - Cardiff 750k

McLean -

Smith - - All freebies.. Hughes to Aberdeen, McLean to Hearts Buzz??

Hughes -

And........

Paul Quinn, also to Cardiff!!!

Being left with 5 bigger players leaving and not being able to have a single penny to spend despite receiving over a million pounds this summer.. it looks like once the club tell the managerial candidates this we may really struggle for a manager and a full team!

Crisis Imminent? or all talk...

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop being a fanny, and get that swine flu seen too!

Heard big news today.. don't know about the truth in it but here it goes...

Leitch was offered the job immediately and knocked it back due to being told (some of this stuff we already know)

Clarkson - Cardiff 750k

McLean -

Smith - - All freebies.. Hughes to Aberdeen, McLean to Hearts Buzz??

Hughes -

And........

Paul Quinn, also to Cardiff!!!

Being left with 5 bigger players leaving and not being able to have a single penny to spend despite receiving over a million pounds this summer.. it looks like once the club tell the managerial candidates this we may really struggle for a manager and a full team!

Crisis Imminent? or all talk...

Whatever medicine the doctor gave you, I think you better start taking it.

Leitch was in the papers saying as much , then again he said he was taking pre season as well.

Those three are freebies that can go wherever they want , they arent Motherwell players.

Clarkson has been widely reported. If any manager coming in wants money he's going to have to sell someone. Who else could we sell ? My favourite winger Jim O'Brien !? :notworthy:

Quinn has been offered double the wages at Hearts and a fair whack more than that if he moves abroad (i just cant bring myself to say where as it sounds ludicrous to me and i know its true) dont know about Cardiff but he's 99.9% certainly off

Leitch was in the papers saying as much , then again he said he was taking pre season as well.

Those three are freebies that can go wherever they want , they arent Motherwell players.

Clarkson has been widely reported. If any manager coming in wants money he's going to have to sell someone. Who else could we sell ? My favourite winger Jim O'Brien !? :notworthy:

Quinn has been offered double the wages at Hearts and a fair whack more than that if he moves abroad (i just cant bring myself to say where as it sounds ludicrous to me and i know its true) dont know about Cardiff but he's 99.9% certainly off

Nice to see a bit of sense.. in a nutshell we are loosing our nucleus, or well half of it! What happens next? Up step the youth in bulk or do we scower the freeebies/dregs of the nation or what!!

Also just spoke to my mate who was playing with Dumbarton last year.. Apparantly this Boyle lads nae bad!

Its fair enough that if our better players are sought after and Motherwell earn big money from a transfer fee, that's the way its always been.

However when we only have 13 first team squad players and no manager we simply can't sell anyone. Surely we have enough cash to bring out of contract players and loans in to boost the squad to 18 or 19?

We have made over 200k from MMG's departure and the wages for Boab, Shug and Buzz would have been bulky, so there has to be space to bring players in as things stand.

If not then questions have to be asked, as we are in profit as a club.

Nice to see a bit of sense.. in a nutshell we are loosing our nucleus, or well half of it! What happens next? Up step the youth in bulk or do we scower the freeebies/dregs of the nation or what!!

Also just spoke to my mate who was playing with Dumbarton last year.. Apparantly this Boyle lads nae bad!

Aye, their centre half highly recommends him as well!!

The sooner we get a manager appointed the better from the perspective of getting new players in and also convincing the players we actually have to stay put.....

We have made over 200k from MMG's departure and the wages for Boab, Shug and Buzz would have been bulky, so there has to be space to bring players in as things stand..

We'll also be saving about £5k a week from our management team's wages.

Slightly confused about Paul Quinn - it seems 99% certain that he's off to Hearts, but hold on Cardiff have him....errr no Notts Forest have him - oh I give up. :whistling:

And Russia.

Aye, but the thing is, we actually know he is off. There are numerous teams chasing his signature and have been for months. All of these teams can blow us out the water in term of wages and size of club. So at the end of the day he goes to highest bidder which is good for us and for him

I have heard a rumour that we have sold the entire team for 3 bubbly's and a sherbet dip.

I have also heard that we will be playing the Motherwell under 15 girls team in the SPL next season. On top of that Boyle is now only worth 33p and Fir park will be demolished to make way for a mosque................oh and that we will be forced as fans to pay £100 for life towards that.

The amount of Sh1te on this post is unbelievable. People make up fairy stories as they go along.

The truth is that as a club we are not rolling in money - quel surprise! And we will be in an even worse position if we lose approx £1.3m from shitanta that is not replaced.

When all is said and one we will still be in a better position than Killie, Falkirk, St Johnstone, etc etc.

It could well be a painful season ahead and having no manager is hardly ideal at this stage in pre-season.

As for McAllister - And I have no reason to believe it is true - BUT IF he has turned us down again - because we have NO money - AGAIN........Then he can take a flying jump of the erskine bridge and never darken our doors ever again.

But like verything else on this post it is rumour and make believe :whistling:

I don't see how anyone can possibly even be considered being sold until the new manager is in place. As someone said, apparently when McGhee was being appointed there wasn't wads of cash about yet Porter and Hughes were signed. We don't have their wages anymore, we also don't have Klimpl, Boab, and Buzz's wages anymore either so there at least has be enough of a provision to pay replacements wages?

Is the goalie from ICT still coming? There are varying reports that we have signed the boy from Dumbarton and Beavers, but no official confirmation. Do we even have official confirmation of a managerial short list? Time is fast running out. The new strip is great, if you're under the age of 10, but for every other Motherwell fan there is much to worry about.

For me, the manager should've been in place by now. Europe isn't really important for me, but not getting detached at the bottom of the league after 5 or 6 games is. We could probably get by with what we have for a few weeks and technically not be that under strength, but long term, unless there is a flurry of activity asap, it looks pretty bleak.

I think it's best to treat all speculation which a huge pinch of salt, but if Clarky and Quinn were to leave, it would be best to place all sharp knives and shoe laces out of my reach.....

Clarkson has been widely reported. If any manager coming in wants money he's going to have to sell someone. Who else could we sell ? My favourite winger Jim O'Brien !? :whistling:

Surely that depends on a suitable fee being agreed as he is under contract? I'm not overly fussed if he leaves as long as we get a decent fee for him as the fee and his wages can go to the new manager to bring in a couple of players.

To put things in context.

Look at the team that started away in Nancy. We will only lose (unless we sell) 3 players in Buzz, Hughes and Fat Boab. That is all. Everyone else is under contract.

I would like to keep Buzz. Fat Boab can get to ****. Hughes when he was of a mind to play was a skillful midfielder but there were also games last season where he was largely anonymous.

So in summary of that team we are only losing one, possibly two players that i would like to keep. and we have and will undoubtedly sign a few players - so here is a thought - we may even be better off than where we were v Nancy away last year.

No need to panic just yet :whistling: