In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see St. Mirren have signed Higdon from Falkirk. I was hoping we would make a move for the big lump as a useful SPL player but I suppose strikers are not the main priority at the moment.

Is that 100%? Fuck sake if it is! That said Dargo has done hee haw for them and we lamented missiing out on him.

I'd say a striker is a priority for us, unless we plan on Clarkson and Sutton never getting injured, suspended or god forbid, ....sold!

If St Mirren can hold on to Dorman they may have the makings of a half decent team there. That said, 3 years back in the SPL and 3 relegation battles. 4th time lucky hopefully then.....

I'm not for one minute saying its true, i'm only reporting the coincidence of someone over 400 miles away asking me out of the blue this morning about Clarkie's ability and potential, as he is certainly on the radar of City. Granted the version he told me was not until January as they wanted to see how their season in the Championship was shaping up.

I was merely substanciating Roadrunners post.

I'm not for one minute saying its true,

I was merely substanciating Roadrunners sensationalist post.

Fixed that for you :cheers:

For what it is worth if we get anything north of £500K for Clarky it will be a great piece of business for us. Don't forget that as much as we love him he can be a VERY frustrating player. You go into ANY game thinking he will get the goal we need OR he can look like he has never seen a fitba' before and score 9 goals in 3 seasons. If the money can be used to bring in a Porter type deal for a more consistent striker then I would rather that than lose him to ABerdeen for free next summer :O

I'm not for one minute saying its true, i'm only reporting the coincidence of someone over 400 miles away asking me out of the blue this morning about Clarkie's ability and potential, as he is certainly on the radar of City.

Just an assumption on my part, but given the "interest" from various clubs the length and breadth of Britain, I'd say an agent was touting him around.

Clarky was the top scorer outside the OF, and has 1 year left on his contract. The only thing that would be strange is if teams down south weren't sniffing around.

Doesn't mean he wants to leave (yet).

Ach, it's just a game. Enjoy the build up, have a beer, and join in the fun. It doesn't matter if we're kicking around the First Division or chasing down 3rd place in the SPL, it's always a laugh.

I think, considering Clarky is out of contract next year, we'd be daft not to sell him now, provided we get a decent fee.

Realistically, if we were to hold onto him til even January, we'd be lucky to get 300k, if we get anywhere near a 750- 1 million now with a cheeky wee add on, it'd be great business, what with the tv deal etc up in the air.

Hold on a wee moment folks i dont agree with the prophets of doom here. Yes some players have left us but once we get our new manager some will come in also. Lets get it into perspective. Steven Hughes who couldn't score tackle header or kick the ball with his left foot and blowing oot his arse after 60 mins has left . Maros Krimpl who was slower than a week in the jail who kicked just about everything above the grass has left. Graeme Smith who was more scared of crosses than Dracula and couldn't kick doors at Halloween has left. Once our new man is at the helm we can easily replace these players. MON THE WELL! :doh: .

Seriously, some people need to get a grip with the Dads army style of panic. It is clear that the new manager will assess the squad and bring in who he needs to do. No one in the SPL has bought anyone. This type of reactionary lets sign anyone is typical of modern day football. With the internet has come a type of fan, who checks the sites every 5 mins and expects something to have happened. Bring back the old days when we met on the supporters bus with a full weeks gossip!

Ps We will beat Llanelli with what we have.

Take your time MFC bring us the right man/players capable for the next couple of seasons and longer term than go for SPL haddies to do a job cos we aint got no squad manning.