In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Thanks to the transfer window, players tend to hold out until it's nearly closed before they make a final decison; just in case they miss out on a good offer. So, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even when we do get a new manager on board, don't expect to see a load of new faces being signed up a few days later. It will take time.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While not wishing to be all doom and gloom, I think some people on here are taking being positive to a ridiculous level. "Easily replace these players" someone said. Ah, that's Mark McGhee found it so easy to bring players to the club that were better than what we had :P .

In the last year we've lost McCormack and Porter (you could argue Sutton will replace Porter to an extent), do you really want to sell another guy who'll get you at least 10 goals a season? In a year's time, Murphy may be fitter for purpose, others may have come to the fore, so letting Clarkson go for nothing might not hurt quite as much. Maybe the squad will be in a better nick...

Oh, and Paul Quinn is the physically strongest, most ruthless (in a good way) and the greatest will to win of all our defenders. Flog the ginger liability and keep Quinn, give him the armband and a new contract. OK, I know the last part won't happen but I can dream...

Oh, and Paul Quinn is the physically strongest, most ruthless (in a good way) and the greatest will to win of all our defenders. Flog the ginger liability and keep Quinn, give him the armband and a new contract. OK, I know the last part won't happen but I can dream...

i agree about quinn but gie reynolds a break. clarky and quinn had bigger form drop offs than mark had this season and now we're deperate to keep them. i fully expect reynolds to bounce back as well as they have done in the last two seasons.

wee yin - not as simple as that. saunders looks decent but quinn is a threat going forward and a leader on the park, when he leaves he'll be missed.

Every other team has a manager, hasn't lost 4 or 5 first team regulars and had the remainder of their thread bare first team squad rushed back early for what ammounts to glorified friendlies. :lol:

You mean except Falkirk? They have less First Team players on their books than we do. Not to mention they have already lost Higdon and look likely to lose Mallo.

Fair doos if he is away.

This 'rumour' is actually a bit TOO random for me to be made up.

I am gutted, don't get me wrong AND we are ridiculously short of quality now for Llanelli but it was inevitable once he started banging them in, got into the Scotland set up and scored on his debut!! Would rather see him do these and step up than rot away like he did for a couple of 'poor' seasons.

Like Faddy, though - he will be back :lol:

hope it's not true as well. i also thought the price was a bit low but considering we didn't get much more than that for mcdonald it's probably about right. half a million is about 15% of our total turnover so we probably can't afford to knock bids like that back.

pretty sad, davie along with quinn is the only player who has been here all the seasons since we went into admin.

Give him a wee phone and let us know.

clarkson should be tucked up in his bed just now. :lol:

800K seems a bit more like and if we are punting our assets just now lets hope the club have a plan as to how they and a new manager are going to reinvest the cash and make us a competitive side again.

clarkson should be tucked up in his bed just now. :lol:

800K seems a bit more like and if we are punting our assets just now lets hope the club have a plan as to how they and a new manager are going to reinvest the cash and make us a competitive side again.

IF we had a little more than a threadbare squad and a prompt contingency plan in place for McGhee leaving I'd say, If he wants to leave then fair play, sell him while hes on form, we can demand a bigger fee for him anyway, I'd say a cool 1 million, bish bosh.

Get Coach to fuck too, his final balls pish and hes not much of a defender anyway.

However

We're right up shit creek with no paddle, we have 1 goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 6 midfielders & 2 strikers.

Half the midfielders were used sparingly at best last season.

I say we put any offers for players on ice until our new gaffer comes in and assesses what the fucks to be done, whoever takes the job has got severe baws anyway.

I say we put any offers for players on ice until our new gaffer comes in and assesses what the fucks to be done, whoever takes the job has got severe baws anyway.

that's why i doubt it will be any of the top names being punted about: Sanchez, McAllister, Gannon, Sbragia, Staunton? They'd all be out their minds to take on that helluva challenge

I'd be hoping the £200,000 compensation covers the manager and the asst manager's wages for season 2009/10. If, as reports suggest, we are selling on Clarkson and Quinn then I'd hope to get £1.3m for the pair. If this is invested in SIGNING players, with JB picking up some of the wages again (now that Porter, Sheridan, Klimpl, Malcolm, Smith, Hughes, and McLean are gone) I'd hope to see quite a bit of activity. Hell, we would need to sign about 8 players, 5 or 6 of which I would NOT expect to be Bosmans or loans.

The problem comes in though with regards to TV money and how much the new pitch is costing us.

If we are to sell Clarkson for £800,000 and Quinn for a similar amount, given the squad we have at the moment, the manager should be insisting that the cash be spent on bolstering the squad. What's that? We don't actually have a manager to make any such demand?? That's why the club are selling them now?? As I said in another thread earlier in the summer, part of me wishes we were in Division 1 anyway. Good away days; Ayr, Raith, Dunfermline, Inverness, Ross County, Queen of the South...

If we are to sell Clarkson for £800,000 and Quinn for a similar amount, given the squad we have at the moment, the manager should be insisting that the cash be spent on bolstering the squad. What's that? We don't actually have a manager to make any such demand?? That's why the club are selling them now?? As I said in another thread earlier in the summer, part of me wishes we were in Division 1 anyway. Good away days; Ayr, Raith, Dunfermline, Inverness, Ross County, Queen of the South...

Ireally hope your trying to play devils advocate saying you wish we where in div 1 because if we do get relegated there is every chance we soon wont have a club to support given the loss of income in div 1

Ireally hope your trying to play devils advocate saying you wish we where in div 1 because if we do get relegated there is every chance we soon wont have a club to support given the loss of income in div 1

Ach, don't worry. With the players that are leaving, the wage bill will be down to next to nothing anyway. :wallbash:

On a serious note, should no television deal materialise then there really will be no real major loss of income from relegation. Since administration we've run a fairly tight ship so we should be one of the clubs mkost equipped to cope should the worst happen.

The thing is, my friend, better start trying to get your head round the idea. Cos if these rumours are true, it's a distinct possibility. John Boyle has a very big month ahead of him...

Ach, don't worry. With the players that are leaving, the wage bill will be down to next to nothing anyway. :wallbash:

On a serious note, should no television deal materialise then there really will be no real major loss of income from relegation. Since administration we've run a fairly tight ship so we should be one of the clubs mkost equipped to cope should the worst happen.

The thing is, my friend, better start trying to get your head round the idea. Cos if these rumours are true, it's a distinct possibility. John Boyle has a very big month ahead of him...

well a wage bill of £0 will be all we can afford in div 1, we have an average home gate of 5 to 6k in spl, what we gonna get in div 1 ,mr Boyle has already led us to the brink once and cried crocodile tears i have no doubts he wouldnt hesitate to do it again.