In's And Out's

AndyRoss

We should have a scout/representative parked outside Almondvale Stadium every day! The amount of decent players they are finding is unbelievable. Already missed out on Dorrans, who I thought we should have went after straight after the Scotland Under 20's World Cup campaign, McPake lost out to Coventry while there is still MacKay, Davidson and Leigh Griffiths going to move out of site if we are not quic.

Reading up on Davidson always makes me laugh though. Great player, who has the great record of being sent aff twice in his first two senior appearances :whistling:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily Express reports that Dundee offered £75K for both Livi players but that the players can't agree personal terms and that Mark McGhee has been alerted and may seek to increase Motherwell's offer to get them both.

I'd wait and see who bites the dust fae the SPL and get a couple of their players and sign STMirren;s Will Haining with the money we make on selling Reynolds. Oh and i'd punt McGarry and Fitzpatrick too.

Just offer same as Dundee and offer better terms! tho not going crazy with wages (Mike Fraser is on £400pw at Caley and signed for us as MMG offered him £2k!!! :D )

no chance.

we need to sign up buzz and hughes, splash out on a good striker and sign someone who will do a good job in either right or left mid.

there's no point on spending good money on the likes of mckay. quinn and mclean can both play right back and saunders looked good when he came in. imo our defence is fine and funds should be directed further up the park where we are lacking.

imo our defence is fine and funds should be directed further up the park where we are lacking.

We are crying out for attacking players but I'd say our defence has been a problem and although addressed, not resolved, by McGhee since he arrived at the club. With the defenders we have at the club perhaps another defence-minded coach could make a difference.

For attacking options though I think we need a striker and a right or left mid as you say though. Porter and McCormack really need replaced before we can do what we did last season and I don't see Sutton or Sheridan filling the void. I'd like to see Murphy getting another run in the team and some of the younger players coming through but other than replacing the players we lose this summer I think we only need 2 or 3 new players.

He'll be the only Saint Mirren player able to be consoled after today. Sure he will forget about the defeat when he gets lost somewhere...........

Willie McLaren will be going down to the 2nd Division with Clyde assuming he is still contracted.

Worth a pop? Still only 24, scored a few goals this season, won Scottish League Player of the Month, a couple of months ago and we need options in the wide areas.

Just a suggestion.

2K? Don't believe the hype...

straight from the horses mouth, he wasnt far off re-signing wi Caley for £600-£700 pw,then we came in and offered £2k, he couldnt believe it and signed straight away

When we said 2K, we actually meant 2 Kilos of sugar for his tea every morning as he has a sweet tooth. More fool him.............

Willie McLaren will be going down to the 2nd Division with Clyde assuming he is still contracted.

Worth a pop? Still only 24, scored a few goals this season, won Scottish League Player of the Month, a couple of months ago and we need options in the wide areas.

Just a suggestion.

Always thought during his time at Airdrie and St Johnstone that he would get his shot in the SPL. Even during his time at Airdrie I think he was thought of more highly tha Alan Gow.

Might still fulfill his early potential, though he had an interview earlier in the season where he admitted that his own attitude towards the game wasn't right and was why he hadn't taken that step up.

If St Mirren do go down I would take in an instant Craig Dargo. I think that he is one of the best strikers for all round play outwith the old firm. The problem with him is his injury proneness and the fact I dont believe I've ever seen him play in a half decent team, trust me he would do the business for us. We came close to signing before. Does anyone know his contract status?

I've always rated Dargo, I said we should sign him back in his Kilmarnock days! A good player at our level but at 31 his best days are probably gone, especially with his recent injury problems.

Still, if you can keep him fit, you could do a lot worse.

Have it on pretty good authority that Reynolds is off to Forest come the summer. Apparently the board wanted to get some cash in for him, not sure the figure were talking but lets hope it at least partially goes on the squad.

If he does go, I'm thinking they'll play him at full-back or holding mid as he ain't big enough for centre half in that league (anyone who's seen Parkin at Preston will get my point). I'm sure he'll go on to do well if he does as both will be better suited to him, just a pity our lack of depth has meant we ain't really seen him play either for us. Good luck to him, definitely a talent.

Heard the Forest link aswell just didn't want to post it up yet. Rumoured to be in the region of a potential 7 figure fee, so definately worthwhile cashing in on a sellable asset as Marky hasn't showed the same levels of performance as he had in the previous seasons, which is only to be expected from a young player.

Marky hasn't showed the same levels of performance as he had in the previous seasons, which is only to be expected from a young player.

Yeah, might have hit a bit of a wall given the amount of games he has played - a wee bit of burn out is only to be expected. Clarkie suffered similarly too, remember.