£5 A Skull - Good Idea Or Not?!

weesacs

whilst this doesnt directly affect me as I have ST, the club must be commended on trying to get bums on seats for this games. HOWEVER, my main concern is that we as a team over the years have continually failed to perform in front of large crowds. Every time we have our hearts set on a big game, with a big crowd, we just dont seem to do it.

I would love another jaunt to Europe next season, so I hope I am very very wrong, but can someone remind me of the last time we managed to pull off a victory in an important game in front of a large crowd????

Beating Smeltic on Skippy Sunday doesnt count............as it never really had any significance to us.

Relegating Falkirk mant moons ago?!?! Van Der Gaag scoring at FP?!?!?!? surely there must be something more recent than that

Credit to the club for doing this and hopefully we can make a gain financially on it, but i struggle to see that there will be more than 8000 there on Saturday. Just hope it doesn't backfire on us if St Mirren bring through a large crowd to spur them onto a point on victory.

I think it be jam packed. Not too often we get this nice little treat and with the kids easter holiday alomst up i think FP will have about 9k minimum. My main concern is we win and hibernian lose. After the terrific run we were on i cant believe we are not even in the top six right now.

Yeah Aberdeen game was great. I remember walking down airbles road after the game and the weather had been Sunny throughout. It turned into torrential rain and i didnt care. I was looking forward to the prospect of where we were gonna go....Italy... Holland... France... of Ukraine.

Have been some howling games under packed Crowds....Getting beat 1-0 in SC quarters with ICT when they scored early and defended for 80 odd minutes. Or the St Mirren game under Malpas when we were up 2-0 and lost 3-2.

Got a good feeling about saturday. We owe St Mirren one, which i hope leads to there relegation. But i have a sneaky feeling Hibs will get a jammy one over Glasgows Skint side.

But lets all cheer our side onto victory.

I think it is a good idea. 3 of my non motherwell supporting mates are coming along plus me that makes £20. Albeit if i went myself at normal prices it would be £18, so not a big difference. Having said that, i got them all to come to the Dundee Utd game (2 - 1) a few weeks back, and they were getting right behind us, doing more shouting than me at times. So the extra voices will be appreciated. And they enjoyed the Utd experience, they couldnt believe that we had the choice of pretty much any seat, and that we sit so close to the pitch at the East Stand. They have said they will definately be back even when the prices are £18. So thats a positive.

i reckon if we win this saturday, a lot of people who come along at a fiver will want to come back for the post split fixtures. A good first experience is everything. I took one of my pals to the st johnstone quarter final, and that was pish so he promises never to come back. I took my girlfriend to the accies game the other month and she cant wait to come back. just shows the difference a win makes!

Of course it's cracking idea a big noisy crowd will lift the players but as i've stated in other threads every MUST win game this season we've been CRAP. Saturday would be a FAB day to end our TV hoodo. My heart says YES we can do it. My head says 1-1 and bottom 6. Unfortunately my head wins this time. With the quality of players we've lost this season we just cant raise our game for these type of matchies. I'd LOVE to be wrong and will be JUBILANT to come on and rave about a great 3pts and a possible crack at Europe again.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

am i allowed to say "told ye so"?!? (altho we didnt even have a big crowd) another important game and we fail to turn up

huge disappointment today, not only in defeat but in performance aswell.

£5 a head only attracted 6616 (allegedly), losing out on a top six place, means £300,000 wont be winging its way to us..........cant see anyone paying more than a fiver for the remainder of the season

Doubt we will be seeing the 'fiver' special ever again to be honest. There is just no 'fan base'. Population yes but no bugger that isn't a die-hard wants to pay any of his hard earned to watch that shite in that shite-hole. Football plays on 'anti-economics'. Low prices doesn't always increase demand (sufficently). High prices doesn't lower demand much either when the same 4000 idiots are now paying a score a game at FP when it was a tenner not more than a decade ago! Arsenal sell out at £65 a pop etc..