Jamie Dolan Memorial Pool Tournament

AndyRoss

Any issues with payment guys , give me a PM on here and we'll try sort something out. Really hope people are able to get behind this , remember Hearts have already donated £500 so we are off to a good start.

Dougie Arnott has gathered some well known faces to take part , good to know we have something to look forward to after yesterday's disapointment.

The Jamie Dolan Memorial Pool Tournament

Jack Daniels, Wednesday April 29 at 7pm

Calling all Motherwell-supporting pool sharks… Fancy your chances on the green baize against Dougie Arnott? Reckon you could granny Stephen Craigan?

Well, now's your chance.

In memory of former Fir Park favourite Jamie Dolan (and with all proceeds going to his family) the inaugural Jamie Dolan Memorial Pool Tournament will take place in Jack Daniels on the evening of Wednesday, April 29 at 7pm.

It costs £10 to enter and gives 64 Motherwell fans the chance to play pool against your claret and amber heroes.

The winner on the night, whether it's the punter who sits in Row D of the Cooper Stand or the guy who scored our winner in the 1991 Cup Final, will lift the first ever Jamie Dolan Memorial Pool Tournament trophy PLUS an extra-special prize kindly donated by Motherwell FC.

The night also gives fans the opportunity to chat with Motherwell stars past and present over a beer and, with about 50 TV screens in Jack Daniels, you won't miss a kick of the ball when Man Utd play Arsenal in the Champions League.

There will also be a prize raffle on the night with lots of unique MFC items up for grabs.

So, even if you don't play pool, why not come along and support a good cause. It promises to be a great night in memory of Jamie.

You can confirm your place by paying £10 online to alistair@welltrust.net or if you don't have paypal contact welltrust@live.co.uk to arrange alternative payment. Remember there are only 64 places so act quickly to secure your place

Official Site story.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good , we have our first two entrants.

Sorry , I'm trying to sort the dodgy font at the moment. EDIT: Duly sorted for you AP

Remember guys for those not that interested in playing pool , still more than welcome to make it along - chat to some of your heroes , watch the fitba on the TV.

Dropped into Daniels yesterday to watch Man United , noticed that it is 2 bottles of beer for £4 during the week , that includes Bud , Corona and a few others.

Also got a fair few impressive raffle prizes , including a jersey from the Dougie Arnott testimonial , a signed 'Zoom' strip from a few years back (where else could you get Zoom branded products these days?) , passes for the Hampden Experience and much more to be confirmed over the course of the week.

'TheRam89' - I'll send out your email as soon as I can. I dpn't have access to the Paypal account , but hopefully will by the end of the day.

It was Tam Cowan's idea.

As you say it is something a bit different and hopefully it will tempt a decent number along on the night.

There also have been a lot of bigger events recently (even this year there has already been the Phil O'Donnell Sports Dinner and the night at the Mega Bar.) This is a lot less formal.

Hey, are there still places left for this?

I would love a place in this (sent you an email about this also btw).

What's the format of the tournament? 1 frame knock out? best of 3? etc. What rules are yous playing? Blackball league rules or just normal pub ones?

I've just replied to your email.

I presume it would be just the usual pub rules , is that what most are used to?

It will be one game knockout due to time restrictions on the night , you win one game you will progress to play a current/former player.

sounds good, will need to get practicing :thumbup:

Brian Martin came to our Pool league charity do in East Kilbride last year, and played some doubles with me and some of the other guys, but if the other players are anything like him I don't think yous need to worry to much about the standard... :)

That's my £10 paypaled Andy, look forward to it.

Guess it's best just to play pub rules, but would be an idea to print out a couple of basic "rules" sheets to ensure everyone knows and there isn't anyone upset, as there will be guys that are all used to playing different rules i.e 1 or 2 shots on the black if it's a foul.