Car Chaos for Quinn

numpty

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-20967054/

WALKING disaster Paul Quinn last night revealed that his bad luck struck again recently - only this time it cost him over £1000.

The Motherwell full-back has had a year that would make millions at the cinema.

He has been stripped of the captaincy, robbed at gunpoint, convicted of assault, had his jaw broken and suffered bereavements to family and friends - all since seeing team-mate Phil O'Donnell pass away on the park.

His latest calamity came when he was sent off for a second time this season - in a 2-0 defeat at Aberdeen on November 29 - but even worse was to follow that game.

On the way home in his 4x4 with team-mates Stephen Hughes and Bob Malcolm disaster struck when they had burst tyre and had to leave the Land-Rover abandoned in a Dundee car park while they returned to

Wishaw because they didn't have a spare wheel.

Two days later the accident-prone defender went to get his vehicle and fix the problems, only to lose the wheel lock key. He had to call for a pick-up truck to get him home.

Quinn said: "You just couldn't make it up. The Saturday was a bad day all around, starting with the news of a bereavement to someone close. I was then sent off during the game before the incident on the way home.

"It's funny now but it was a nightmare at the time. Stephen Hughes thought he was a top mechanic and Bob was acting like his supervisor.

"It's funny when you look back, but it wasn't at the time. It was just one thing after another and I'm still paying for it, but at least I have my health.

"I can't wait for the year to end now because 2009 has got to bring me better luck than this year.

"The lads in the dressing room have been loving the story but they haven't given me a nickname just yet."

Quinn donned the black armband at Pittodrie for the first time since being stripped of the captaincy - but it was a tribute to his cousin's baby who sadly passed away.

The 23-year-old said: "I just wanted to show that I was thinking about them.

"People thought I was captain but it was for something close to my heart.

"I spoke to the manager on Friday night and he told me to go home but there was no point in that.

"I didn't think about what had happened until I was sent off but it maybe affected my preparation."

Quinn is looking to a better 2009 and has welcomed the possible introduction of summer football.

Manager Mark McGhee has backed SFA president George Peat's proposals to change the fixture calendar.

Quinn loves the cold and wet weather but having seen their game against Hearts called off last week, he admits summer soccer appeals to him.

He said: "I would prefer to play in the summer because I love to be with the family and everyone for Christmas and New Year - that would be perfect. It would be great to go somewhere hot like Dubai in the winter to get away from the bad weather.

"I do love sliding into tackles in the wet weather and I love playing in the winter but I would welcome a move to the summer."

There is still a mystery surrounding why Motherwell's under soil heating failed them last weekend.

The SPL launched an enquiry and Quinn thinks someone at the club needs to hold their hands up.

He said: "This was really frustrating. I was joking with the groundsmen saying it was their fault and I was going to miss another week because of my ban.

"We had problems last season and we really need to get things sorted out so we don't have any repeat of this in the future."

We dont have a spare tyre! But I think we have tyres and stay up and tell us to go to the garage :S

Aye, i had a mini cooper, they've got those run flat tyres that fill up with foam and tell you to go to the garage.

But, by letter of the law... if you're car is supposed to have a spare, it legally must have one that is correctly inflated and above the minimum tread depth