Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with a claret away strip is we'd have no-one to wear it against, other than Dundee United! Seen as we tend to wear away against Aberdeen and Hearts, and Claret would clash more. So having a claret away strip for two outings a season would hardly be worth it! I think the Claret away of Eric Black times is one of the most hacket 'Well tops I've seen!

Does anyone else think the Untouchables strips looked better without the sponsor, on the photoshoot before Untouchables agreed to sponsor? Now there were two cracking strips.

My new well top looks great. Just a shame jaxx is peeling off and the material is getting lots of pulled bits in it. What a complete waste of money. Any chance of getting another one or my money back? I won't be buying the away top even if is the best well top of all time black, claret, white or fecking indigo. Really pissed off after all the hype about it. Complete rubbish

My new well top looks great. Just a shame jaxx is peeling off and the material is getting lots of pulled bits in it. What a complete waste of money. Any chance of getting another one or my money back? I won't be buying the away top even if is the best well top of all time black, claret, white or fecking indigo. Really pissed off after all the hype about it. Complete rubbish

:huh:

:P

Mine is perfect. You must wash and iron football taps inside oot, mate !!

Always wash it on a cool wash and never iron it. I have had it on about six times. Very poor indeed. I accept things aren't always perfect with new products but surely canterbury have been produceing sports gear long enough to get it right. I will be returning my top to the shop.

Common examples of embellishment in sewing and crafts B-)

appliqué

embroidery, done either by machine or by hand

piping made from either self-fabric, contrast fabric, or a simply a cord. :lol: (Does this mean it wont be printed?)

trim (sewing)

lace, either pre-made or home-made

Fringe (trim)

beads

batique

I have a feeling it will look like the burgandy Scotland number

Canterbury is not the only kit manufacturer that is having money problems...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8184832.stm

Adidas sees profits plunge by 95%

Sportswear giant Adidas has reported a fall in profits for the April to June period of 93% as consumer spending fell during the economic downturn. Net profit came in at 8m euros ($11.5m; £6.8m), compared with 117m euros for the same period a year earlier. Sales fell 2.5% to 2.46bn euros.

But the company was upbeat about its prospects for the rest of the year.

"I believe we have seen the bottom in our financial performance this year," said Adidas boss Herbert Hainer.

"We did not see any fundamental deterioration in our business since publishing our first-quarter results... I am confident that our results will improve as we go through the remainder of the year," he added.

Sales grew in the US and in Latin America, but fell in most major European and Asian markets.

The company also said that profit margins were squeezed due to higher operating costs and an increasingly competitive retail environment.

For the full year to date, the company reported a profit of 12m euros, down 96% on the same period a year ago.

Sales were down 2% to 5.03bn euros.

Adidas is the world's second-biggest sporting goods maker, after Nike.

The German firm bought Reebok in 2006 to help it compete against Nike.

It also owns the Taylormade golf brand, where sales actually increased during the second quarter.