Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate all this bollocks, let us see the strip and buy it.

I've spent £160 on strips over the last 2 fucking years because of the various sponsor changes and kit suppliers, i think it's a bit out of order but hey am looking forward to seeing and buying it.

Whoever came up with the sneak preview idea in the program, deserves a pat on the back :lol::D:lol:

Guest 'Flow

For goodness sake...

It's just something a wee bit different to the usual two players plonked on the park with the kits and a pair of photoshopped socks.

There has been some time spent to try and give the new kits - which are the best we've had in a long time - some decent build up to create some hype about them.

Sometimes you feel as if the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't! There's no winning or, it would appear, pleasing people sometimes.

You will get to see the kits very soon and as the countdown clock suggests - you'll be able to buy them in little over one month too....

Sheeesh!

'Flow

Guest 'Flow

Naw, the players' pro types may have presented a problem for guys like me ( :lol: ) but the replica strips will be suitable for yer average Lanarkshire "Ned Kelly".

From what I've seen (granted they are just samples), they are made (kinda like Bukta's first year) quite big actually so we may all get to drop back down a size :lol::D

'Flow

Naw, the players' pro types may have presented a problem for guys like me ( :lol: ) but the fans' strips will be suitable for yer average Lanarkshire "Ned Kelly".

From what I've seen (granted they are just samples), they are made (kinda like Bukta' first year) quite big actually so we may all get to drop back down a size :lol::D

'Flow

Good stuff. Not decided if I'll pre-order yet or not, but good to know what sizing to expect if I decide to!

Yeah I agree, I think it's been a great idea. Maybe a little bit too drawn out as Haggis said, 4 consecutive Mondays at noon, coinciding with it going on sale at the time of the last one would have been ideal, but this is the first time anything has been tried other than plonking two peely-wally players in the middle of a pitch wearing prototypes that are 3 sizes too big for them. The fact that it's been a bit irregular and infrequent kinda takes the excitement away a little, but it's a huge step in the right direction as far as the club having any kind of professional style advertising campaign.

Yeah I agree, I think it's been a great idea. Maybe a little bit too drawn out as Haggis said, 4 consecutive Mondays at noon, coinciding with it going on sale at the time of the last one would have been ideal, but this is the first time anything has been tried other than plonking two peely-wally players in the middle of a pitch wearing prototypes that dont fit. The fact that it's been a bit irregular and infrequent kinda takes the excitement away a little, but it's a huge step in the right direction as far as the club having any kind of professional style advertising campaign.

Yeah, I'd agree with this too. It's been good to have something a bit different for our kit launch this time. Just a shame the previews are spaced out so much. Still cannae wait to see the kits though!!!

Good stuff. Not decided if I'll pre-order yet or not, but good to know what sizing to expect if I decide to!

it'll be the same with the scotland rugby tops. Maybe pop in and try one on in the well shop to gauge the size?

Guest 'Flow
Just a shame the previews are spaced out so much. Still cannae wait to see the kits though!!!

To be honest, we were kinda done in by the fixture scheduling. What with a week's break after the St Mirren game due to the Scottish Cup, then bizarrely away from home twice in the first two post-split fixtures, it made it slightly more stretched than we had hoped.

We had hoped we'd have been scheduled at home the 1st and 3rd game which would've meant a much slicker and more consistent campaign but not to be!

I still think, when people see teaser three, then four then the full thing they'll agree it's worth the wait!

'Flow

Is there no way we can get the players posing in a line beside a lawner like the Kampman days? That was the best way to do it, and one of the few good things about that madmans reign....

Frazzle

Why not get some fans posing in them for an advert. Could be a nice little comp for the Prog perhaps.

To be honest, we were kinda done in by the fixture scheduling. What with a week's break after the St Mirren game due to the Scottish Cup, then bizarrely away from home twice in the first two post-split fixtures, it made it slightly more stretched than we had hoped.

We had hoped we'd have been scheduled at home the 1st and 3rd game which would've meant a much slicker and more consistent campaign but not to be!

I still think, when people see teaser three, then four then the full thing they'll agree it's worth the wait!

'Flow

Aye, I thought that was probably the case. A bit unfortunate, but sh!t happens I suppose!!!

So teaser 3 is in the next programme, is teaser 4 gonna be in the programme for the final home game? :) Or will that be put on the website perhaps with the full reveal being in the final home game's programme? :D