Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really bored of this now....

And why isn't this on the other thread with 25pages of nonsense on it?? Why start a new one?!

I'm sure the top will be good, but just can't be caught up in the whole hype! And lets be honest, it's gonna do nothing for shirt sales as though who want it will buy it and those who don't won't - same way its always been with Motherwell. In fact there is a chance it could effect sales with a credit crunch on a new strips every year for the past three (or is it four) despite promises that they will last 2years!!! And this one ain't gonna last 2years either - as I'm sure or Jaxx deal is up next season which will give us yet another strip!!

So the whole "sneek peak" idea is simple put, completely and utterly pointless!!

EDIT: Just saw the countdown on the fishal!! Unbelievable!! Talk about ripping the arse out it!! It's actually getting to cringing stage!

And lets be honest, it's gonna do nothing for shirt sales as though who want it will buy it and those who don't won't - same way its always been with Motherwell.

same with every club is it not?

He is a moaning git, but I can see his point to an extent. It's a wee bit embarrassing, but it's also harmless and people seem to be enjoying the hype. I have no problem with the build-up at all- if it generates a single extra shirt being sold then it will be worth it. Whether it does or not is another matter, but fair play for trying to add a bit of excitement to a dull end of season.

Frazzle

What else is there to look forward to in the summer? I think the ones moaning about the teaser campaign and the build-up are the one's it's worked on as they seem to be the ones dying to see the shirt!!

I disagree, find the whole idea a bit sad and pathetic really. Yes I am keen to see the new shirt but then again I always am regardless of 2nd rate advertising campaigns.

:lol: I wish to fuck moaning was an Olympic sport

merchandise I'd imagine is one of the top income streams for the club - so I'm all for them doing what it takes to maximise that income when they can.

I don't particularly feel that there's a gun to my head to buy this - so if I like it I'll buy it if I don't I won't.

if you feel that the club are ripping you off - then again, don't buy it.

Klimpls

I disagree, find the whole idea a bit sad and pathetic really. Yes I am keen to see the new shirt but then again I always am regardless of 2nd rate advertising campaigns.

2nd rate advertising campaing? What are you expecting, ads during the break in corrie?

Aye it is a bit drawn out, however the reasons beyond the inconsistancy has been explained already.

Many may be feeling a bit put out because they maybe bought a proggy expecting a bit more than a half page ad sized photo that showed, well, pretty much nothing to go on.

Atleast a big deal is getting made of it. And so there should be. Like it or not, strip sales are a MAJOR part of the clubs income.

As a marketing ploy it must be working or we wouldn't still be going on about it after all this time. :P:lol:

As a marketing ploy it must be working or we wouldn't still be going on about it after all this time. :lol::lol:
I guess the test will be if we sell more shirts due to the campaign. I suspect the sales will come from the quality of the design rather than the marketing strategy, but I'm just an old cynic.

2nd rate advertising campaing? What are you expecting, ads during the break in corrie?

Aye it is a bit drawn out, however the reasons beyond the inconsistancy has been explained already.

Many may be feeling a bit put out because they maybe bought a proggy expecting a bit more than a half page ad sized photo that showed, well, pretty much nothing to go on.

Atleast a big deal is getting made of it. And so there should be. Like it or not, strip sales are a MAJOR part of the clubs income.

A bit of foresight and they maybe would have planned a slightly shorter campaign that wouldn't get interupted by mentalist SPL fixture scheduling, something by now everyone should almost take for granted.

And indeed if the photies at least showed something a bit more recongisable then it would have been executed better also.

I think it is pointless, but it was made worse by making a pigs ear of it as well. There gonna be an exlcusive picture in the programme, and then oh it a blob of amber but worry not three more blobs like pics later and you might have half a clue of what the kit looks like.

It won't generate one extra sale. What will generate sales or not will be if people like the damn thing, end of! If this campaign thing has hooked your interest in a postive looking forward way then fair play to you but I'd almost cry tears of frustration at anyone that gets that easily excited. What mental age are you, and what is it like to be that easily pleased?

Fuckin' 'ell.

I don't think any one is taking it THAT seriously, or wetting themselves in excitement.

It's a harmless way of generating what is one of the few items the club put on the market

Away and get a fuckin panel beater to knock yersel back into shape and get a fuckin grip.

Follow it if it interests or ignore it if it doesn't.

For Fuck Sake!

Seriously :blush:

For goodness sake...

It's just something a wee bit different to the usual two players plonked on the park with the kits and a pair of photoshopped socks.

'Flow

FWIW 'Flow I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the countdown thinghy on the 'fishal. Looks really good. Our club is looking far more professional with these types of things, which I suppose was the premise of making the changes at the club on that side of things.

Some folks will never stop moaning...

...Now if only the Season Ticket pricing/marketing manager got his finger out too... :blush:

I'm not a fan of this type of advertising, but I can see it's uses. it's purpose is to build some tension and increase interest in the product. To work well that kind of advertising has to be either, done on a larger scale with a bigger product, or done over a shorter time period with a limited product.

It's one thing teasing millions of Coke or Pepsi drinkers over a few weeks, but teasing a couple of thousand Motherwell supporters for a couple of months is gilding the lily a wee bit. If you want to gauge the success of the tactic you judge the reaction of the clientele, and the fact is there are as many posts about the ludicrousness of the campaign as there are about the product. A good advertising campaign excites interest in the product being promoted, when the campaign itself becomes the talking point rather than the product, the campaign has failed.

For goodness sake...

It's just something a wee bit different to the usual two players plonked on the park with the kits and a pair of photoshopped socks.

There has been some time spent to try and give the new kits - which are the best we've had in a long time - some decent build up to create some hype about them.

Sometimes you feel as if the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't! There's no winning or, it would appear, pleasing people sometimes.

You will get to see the kits very soon and as the countdown clock suggests - you'll be able to buy them in little over one month too....

Sheeesh!

'Flow

Flow, most of us appreciate that it is a lot better than the usual Motherwell method of revealing our new strip design.

Do you seriously think though that any other teams fans would not give you such a mixed response. Yes you are "damned if you do damned if you don't " working for a football team in any capacity I would have thought that you would have realised the fickle nature of ALL football teams fans.

Suck it up, if the designs are as good as we are lead to believe then you'll be vindicated.

Seeing as the St Mirren thread has been closed as well. A comment on your posts there.

I think that most Motherwell fans (apart from Melvinbragg) think that Mark McGee is one of, if not, the best manager we are likely to see in a long time depending on your own opinion of course. He gets things wrong as well as right, such as the formation on Saturday to his credit - but you must admit that it was aided by a totally inept St Mirren but a win is a win and he gets a large amount of credit for that.

I realise you feel the need to attempt to leap to his defence as you obviously know him personally and work with him at Motherwell FC, but he is a big boy and he will know better than anyone the nature of a football teams support. None of what I have read is personal. I've never met him but he does seems to be a good guy and does Motherwell proud both on and off the pitch.

But your constant, don't talk about my mate like that, is starting to sound a wee bit sycophantic. This is a "fans" forum after all what exactly do you expect? We do give him credit where it's due but as always the negativity is what you concentrate on.

I wonder if McGee will come on here and stick up for you..

Good that the club is trying something different to promote the new strip. I'm not particularly fussed about it to be honest, always buy the new strip, but obviously prefer if it looks good!

Whether you like the build up to the new strip or not, it's giving us something to look forward to and getting us all talking about it, so the folk behind it have done their job!

40 days and counting.....