Worst. Dive. Ever.

numpty

Anybody want to put them right? :unsure:

Clicky

We hold our hands up. We are not sure whether the villain in question is either Motherwell’s Steven Hughes, Jim O’Brien or another. But what is without doubt is that the dive we can now bring you was yet another horrific attempt by a footballer to con the referee into blowing his whistle when clearly no foul had been committed.

The incident took place during last Saturday’s SPL meeting between St. Mirren and Motherwell, with the visitors racing into a comfortable 3-nil lead by the hour mark to walk away with the points. St. Mirren, though, did manage to salvage some late pride however, after Stephen O’Donnell expertly volleyed home a Billy Mehmet cross in the 72nd minute.

St. Mirren’s goal was awarded despite the best efforts of the Motherwell player to have the goal chalked off. In the build up to O’Donnell’s super strike, Mr. X (as he shall be referred to until his true identity can be revealed) found himself scrapping in a 50/50 challenge with a St. Mirren opponent on the edge of his own box, only to lose out on the tackle with the goal being scored seconds later. Yet, as soon as Mr. X realised possession was lost, he dramatically hurled himself to the floor so as to simulate a foul, despite it being obvious that no contact was made.

If anyone can reveal the identity of Mr. X, we would be grateful.

you know, it does look like his right foot is caught. even if it wasn't it did look like he twisted his leg round, and I didn;t see him claiming for a foul.

Anyway, if the author thinks that its worse than boyds dive against utd when the utd player was about 10 foot from him then the fella is a clown. in fact, he is a st mirren fan, so obviously he is a clown.

When I first seen the highlights on the BBC - you can clearly see his leg goes from under him and his ankle and knee go seperate ways, pretty similar to Collison of West Ham (I think no one was near him and he just collapsed after his leg gave way). Plus, its Jim O'Brien, check the BBC highlights in full plus he doesn't even signal that he's been fouled. :wallbash:

That's funny. :wallbash:

Is that like a football website for people who arrange flowers.

They can go fling shite at themselves.

The best dive I seen was at Fir Park when Mo Johnstone was brutally assaulted by John 'The Cat' Gardner's outstretched pinkie after our keeper came slowly to rest following a dive and 10 ft slide along the deck to try and take the ball from the peroxide plonkers toes. Poor Mo appeared to dislocate every major joint in his body in the brutal assault on his personage. thankfully the magic spong done it's work and Mo was OK to get up 30 seconds later.

Jim O' Brien the new MickyLoonies (apart from when he tracks back, slips and twist / folds his leg back the wrang way)

Just re-reading the thread there and had one of those moments.

Are people actually agreeing that O'Brien 'dived'?

ckin' 'ell! Surely Not? Frazzle?

Come on man - he quite clearly did some unplanned oragami on his leg and gave himself a sair wan!

Whit the hell. It was Jim O'brien and it's hardly a dive when yer foot slips and yer other knee goes in the opposite direction. It's obvious he anticipated the worst then clearly thought "ya beauty that wizny sare at all" before getting on with the game.

I don't think he dived as such, Mr Diggle, but it looks like he was pretending to be injured to either get the play stopped or to take the heat off himself for making an arse of it. If it was another teams player, I suspect I wouldn't be the only one saying that.

Frazzle

I don't think he dived as such, Mr Diggle, but it looks like he was pretending to be injured to either get the play stopped or to take the heat off himself for making an arse of it. If it was another teams player, I suspect I wouldn't be the only one saying that.

Frazzle

OK Then :wallbash:

It never even occurred to me that he was going to mention that incident, I thought it was something in the game (which I wasn't at) that hadn't been in the highlights!

To be fair St. Mirren fans are under a lot of stress at the moment and are likely to display that in posts like these - O'Brien clearly twisted his leg.

That's not to say some of our players don't go down easy but that was a bad example to pick.

Hilarious. When I saw it on the telly/bbc webiste, I thought he might have badly twisted/pulled/jerked something!!

To attempt to lable that a dive is unbelievable!!

Can I just say "Fuck St Mirren"!?! I'd be delighted if they went down this year. And it's looking increasingly likely.

Anyone else noticed the significant recent reduction of smug shite posted on these boards by our "friend" Farawaysaint?

I'd personally like to put out a missing persons appeal for the guy. Not out of concern for his well being but purely to get his take on recent results and pass on a much deserved "get it right roon ye!"

Back to the more familiar surroundings of Division 1 next season for an arsehole of a team with delusions of grandeur and small band of junkie followers. Here's hoping.

FARAWAYSAINT, IF YOU'RE OUT THERE, I MISS YOU! :D