Brian Mclean

johnstone

i hope he stays. although he is injury prone i honestly can't remember mclean having a bad game. really good player

Scottish cup defeat last season. The man was the worst player on the park.

Saying that, he has improved significantly and I hope he gets to stay.

I think we should be able to almost disregard his injuries for the most part. If you're breaking down in training or in matches, or if you have a recurring problem then yeah...fair enough, but If some dirty big c**t comes in and snaps your leg in half...that's not being injury prone.

In fact on the contrary, the speed of which he has always seemed to rehabilitate would suggest that he is anything but.

Exactly! There is a HUGE difference between picking up wee niggly injuries that keep you out for a few weeks, then you come back in and get the same/another wee niggly injury and being injured through anothers poor tackling ability. I personally think he could be a cracker of a player as he looks to be improving by being back in the team and if we let him go we'll regret it.

Marky, Marky, sign him up :wallbash:

Well said

Scottish cup defeat last season. The man was the worst player on the park.

Aye, he got torn a new arsehole that game but that was at right back. I've said it once and I'll say it again, he is a much more assured centre half and one we should be looking to get signed up as soon as possible.

Aye, he got torn a new arsehole that game but that was at right back. I've said it once and I'll say it again, he is a much more assured centre half and one we should be looking to get signed up as soon as possible.

i'd definitely keep him but i'm not sure he's as complete a player as some are making out. a lot of the time he looks completely comfortable and strolling it during games then is slack in his marking in the box and costs us. hearts' first goal in march and aberdeen's equaliser at fir park recently are examples of that. he also cost us a few goals through slack marking in the top six last season.

Of course he's not the complete player but to be fair to McLean even the best of the best lose their man. For me, next season unless we sign someone better (unlikely) McLean and Craigan should be our centre partnership.

I understand McGhee's stance as that is a lot of money per game for Motherwell to spend but hopefully we will be seeing McLean signing a new two year deal.

Having to cover for Hammell most of the game didn't help.

Aye, think the pair of them could've done with RELATE counselling for Killies first goal. McLean to be fair isny used to playing in the left centre defence slot, and Hammell's defensive abilities are always a subject of debate.

Hammell looked to be carrying an injury for most of the second half and signalled a few times to the bench that he was struggling. He was out on his feet for the last 10 mins or so.

Don't think we can do much better than McLean-decent player who may improve