Mark McGhee

jazz

Something needs to change and very soon whether this has to be McGhee or not i don't know. There is a major lack of leadership out there on the park and even though Craigan might not be the best we are dearly missing him at the moment. Folk like Malcolm and Hughes need somebody there to give them a boot up the arse and Lasley certainly doesn't seem that type. Must win on saturday now or we're in for a long christmas.

Whoring for every job that has come up....

Scotland - I would tell Motherwell goodbye, although I may not have cost me the job by demanding a full season at Fir Park and I'm a Motherwell fan

Hibernian - No word

Hearts - Rejected the job

Sunderland - No word

Newcastle - No word

West Ham - No word

Watford - No Word

There are many more jobs that have come up in the last 15-18 months. Please tell me which ones he whored himself to?

Forgive me for having an opinion! I hadn't realised the role of a mod was to defend the manager full stop.

Every man and his dog knows that in almost every interview McGhee gives he mentions how he has ambitions to manage at a higher level. I can take that from players but this guy was out of football for some time before we gave him a chance. IMO his attitude towards M/Well as a club stinks. But then it is only IMO!

What worries me is that there is no spark both on and off the park. It was evident right before kick-off. Only plus points for me were young Saunders and Klimpl. Ports did okay, cracking run and shot but too little of it. Really fearful for the future this season unless drastic action happens during the transfer window. As bad as Accies are, at least they know were the ruddy back of the net is.

Forgive me for having an opinion! I hadn't realised the role of a mod was to defend the manager full stop.

Every man and his dog knows that in almost every interview McGhee gives he mentions how he has ambitions to manage at a higher level. I can take that from players but this guy was out of football for some time before we gave him a chance. IMO his attitude towards M/Well as a club stinks. But then it is only IMO!

I'd agree with that. Mark McGhee has never actually whored himself for any particular jobs, but he makes it blatantly clear whenever he can that he'll be willing to ditch Motherwell at any opportunity, just in case any biggers teams happen to be listening.

It's only natural for a football manager to want to manage at the highest level, the difference is that most managers go about their job with a level of professionalism and respect. Mark McGhee displays neither.

But his actions are totally opposite of his words then. He was offered the Hearts job, it was his, he rejected it! And Hearts are a bigger club than us. The only other job he has been interviewed for was the Scotland job, and tbh, like I have said I would of walked if that was offered to me!

He was offered the Hearts job, it was his, he rejected it!

Mark McGhee rejected the Hearts job because he had successfully used the situation to get himself a massive pay rise at Fir Park. Does anyone actually believe he stayed for any other reason!?

If figures within the Heartw camp is to be believed the Hearts wage was still a lot bigger pay deal than what he is on now! In fact his own wage at Hearts would have probably paid most of our players and him weekly!

Well from what I've heard it was quite clear that he was more than happy to manipulate the Hearts situation in order to double his wages at Fir Park. Take from that what you will, but I have no reason to doubt it. Nor have I seen or heard anything from McGhee to suggest it would be out of character.

Like a few on here, I have a strong dislike for the complete disrespect and unprofessionalism Mark McGhee displays on a regular basis. I don't buy the "ah, but who would you replace him with?" argument that gets floated about regularly from those defending McGhee. But if that's the question, then I would at least be happier with someone in charge who would be willing to put his all into long-term success at Fir Park, rather than just seeing how much he can add to his CV before he jukes us.

I don't think that tonight was as bad as people are making out.

We passed the ball better than Killie, had more possession of the ball and had more chances. The problem is that its all a bit too light weight and not direct enough. Unfortunately as well we have two strikers who don't look like they would score if they played for a fortnight.

Killie were allowed to play poorly and walk away with three points. We just need to toughen up. The basics are there.

This is not as bad as the Malpas days. Not yet anyway!

You are being a bit fickle :/

The guy gave you your highest finish for like 15 years or something, and now he's to get out just due to a bad run. Give him support, support your team, and things will all be good, he's proven he's an able manager

Lest we forget MMG is not alone in his culpability for the absolute dross on show week after week, Why was money not mde available in he summer when it was easier to build from a position of strength as someone posted elsewhere on the boards our most siccesful season in 14 years !

WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY MR BOYLE time to shag or get the fuck out of the bed !

Killie were allowed to play poorly and walk away with three points.

Have you not just contridicted yourself?

The mere fact that a significantly weakened Killie beat us without getting out of first gear would indicate that we are indeed as bad as people are making out.

No doubt our esteemed managed will have found a few positives from tonght to share with us

We passed the ball better than Killie, had more possession of the ball and had more chances. The problem is that its all a bit too light weight and not direct enough. Unfortunately as well we have two strikers who don't look like they would score if they played for a fortnight.

Killie were allowed to play poorly and walk away with three points. We just need to toughen up. The basics are there.

This is not as bad as the Malpas days. Not yet anyway!

You're right about that but the rest is rubbish mate we WERE shite.And i mean SHITE shite.

McGhee actually reminds me more of McCleish than Malpas because no matter how pish a team he puts out, he'll give the media a few soundbites after the game to keep them sweet, and there'll never be a bad word written about him. A journalist who was interested in doing his job properly would be asking some really difficult questions at this stage and tearing him to shreads, but because he's a media whore it doesn't happen. Nobody has asked him why he has failed to sign a centre half in three transfer windows, or why there was no replacement for McCormack waiting, even though he knew he was leaving at least six months before he did. He also needs to be held accountable for having no plan B whatsoever and for being incapable of positively influencing a game with a substitution. His time is coming to an end, and fast.

Frazzle

Pretty much says it all for me.

Motherwell fans are arseholes.

I'm sorry, but were the most fickle bunch of people there is, we're never up but we're down, when we win, we were lucky, and Player X is shite and sack the manager cause he's a whore/shite (delete as applicable) and when we lose it the same times ten.

Our place in Scottish football IS to be down the lower end of the table, scrapping, with the odd glimpse of success here or there, it has been so for as long as I can remember.

Too many 'Well fans have ideas above their station about this club and need a reality check, it's not a good thing to read, but it's true, we will NEVER consistently play well, finish well in the league, win cups, what we will do is be shite, be inconsistent, be frustratingly bad and that will always be the case sadly, no matter what manager we have or what players we have, it always has been and always will be.

We need to deal with it that way, and enjoy it for what it is.

Sad to say, believe me, but true.

We need to get real.

I agree with what Neil said, harsh as it sounds it is basically true. As 'Well fans we would all love to be sitting top of the league, winning trophy after trophy and jetting off to a different country every year to watch us play, but it ain't happening and hasn't done consistently for well, never!

I spoke to so many folk after Nancy who said it was fantastic - made all the more special by the long wait we had to play European football again and the great season we had. That is what Motherwell is about. Having really bad lows, pretty often, let's be honest, but also having the most magnificent highs. So yeah, it'd be great to have a season like last every year, but we need to face up to the fact that it probably won't happen. It hasn't been happening so far.

What we do need, is to keep behind the team and Mark McGhee, no matter how hard it is or how much we disagree with tactics/ideas/effort etc etc.

We need to get to as many games as we can and cheer the team on - let them know we are behind them 100% hard as it may seem when we're playing badly. That's what you do though, you support your team. Always.