Mark McGhee

jazz

Just watched the press conference....For a brief second when he gets asked about Mcinnes getting the boot, its almost like you can see him thinking to himself, why didn't I wait a bit longer and I could have got a 'bigger' club again.

If you're desperate to see that, yes, that's what you'd see.

Just watched the press conference....For a brief second when he gets asked about Mcinnes getting the boot, its almost like you can see him thinking to himself, why didn't I wait a bit longer and I could have got a 'bigger' club again.

Even McGhee's ego isn't big enough to think he'd be welcome back as Aberdeen manager.

• 2 months later...

I don't have a problem with what he reportedly said - most likely in answer to a question. As long as he does the business on the field and doesn't bring our club into disrepute (which he has never ever done) then I've no problem with his views. I just wish more in the entertainment industry would be as honest. He has always deported himself well in public and that can't always be said of those in the industry. Yes, he's confident of his own abilities and isn't afraid to say so but anytime I've spoken to him or heard him speak he's always come across as being down to earth and straightforward.

Very honest response in saying that he sees himself as having failed in his managerial career so far.

I think the way he has turned around our season from 11th at best to having a realistic chance of top six is testament to how good a manager he can be.

Might be a bit biased, as I fucking love the guy.

• Like 1

Mark .......If yer maw had baws !!!!!!!

Exactly!

This isn't a bad break, they didn't even make the final.

Had he lost the final to a dodgy decision or on a penalty shoot out, he'd maybe have a point. If he was that good he'd have won automatic promotion!

(Even if he did, look at Billy Davies, took Derby from relegation favourites to the Premiership by winning the play offs, got no money to compete in the Premier and got sacked by Christmas!)

He discussed this shortly after he joined us too. I didn't hear anything wrong then, and I didn't read anything wrong in that article. And I say that as someone who, despite liking the guy, was one of his biggest critics when it came to him loudly and frequently expressing his desire for managing Celtic/Aberdeen etc.

I actually think he learned his lesson about that, and I have noticed this time around he is much more measured about the way he describes his career and ambitions. I'm under no illusions he will want to move to a bigger club after us - but if he does, that's a good thing, as it means he will have done well at Fir Park.

Faddythedaddy has nailed it. Whatever McGhee has said it will never be worse than utter shite I heard at pittodrie that day.

I say let's be happy we have a sound manager who the players respect. Who gives a fuck if he thought he might manage Liverpool in a past life.

For some insane reason we have certain supporters keen for McGhee to fail, the same support who protested when he became manager due to them wanting untested managers...Valekari etc etc. (which would have likely seen us f*cked)

Now he's doing well and has proved doubters wrong (to their dislike) some are so desperate to pull him up over the slightest "non issue" answers, to stupid reporters questions.

Give the guy a f**kin break, he's turned the team around and we're getting better. I'm sure we'll have some sh1te weeks (not confident about today) but in general we're good and I doubt we'll have relegation worries this year.

Let him spout about being Liverpool manager if he wants, it's a laugh!! if he continues the progression with us.....who cares!!

• Like 6

For some insane reason we have certain supporters keen for McGhee to fail, the same support who protested when he became manager due to them wanting untested managers...Valekari etc etc. (which would have likely seen us f*cked)

Now he's doing well and has proved doubters wrong (to their dislike) some are so desperate to pull him up over the slightest "non issue" answers, to stupid reporters questions.

Give the guy a f**kin break, he's turned the team around and we're getting better. I'm sure we'll have some sh1te weeks (not confident about today) but in general we're good and I doubt we'll have relegation worries this year.

Let him spout about being Liverpool manager if he wants, it's a laugh!! if he continues the progression with us.....who cares!!

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Agree, and for a bit of perspective, we got a new manager at the same point as Dundee United.

Since then....

McGhee Played 11, Won 5, drawn 3, lost 3

Mixu Played 13, won 1, drawn 2, lost 10

Pretty clear we could have done much worse than McGhee!

I knew when reading that article that there would be some queuing up to attack the bloke.

So what's wrong with having ambition? I wouldn't want a man anywhere near being in charge of my football team if he weren't ambitious!

The whole 'I could've been Liverpool manager' is just the predictable lazy journalism you'd expect on a slow news day. Imagine the editorial instruction, "no transfer rumours, no real sign of a managerial sacking and its January....fuckin' 'ell. Right lads, go out and ask some seemingly innocuous leading questions and see if you get a bite and try make a story out of it"

On account of living hundreds of miles away, I don't get to many games so have no clue if people are indeed shouting paedophilic abuse at McGhee but if they are, then those muppets should be outed and fucked off out of it.

Vile behaviour which drags the good name of our club into the sewer!!!