Mark McGhee

jazz

I'm beginning to have mixed thoughts on McGhee's appointment as I'm now worried about our survival this season!

I was delighted at his appointment initially as I did think he could reverse the trend much like he did after the Malpas saga! However, after his initial good work and some resemblance of stability, we've veered into continual formation and player variations.

The December manager of the month was well deserved and like many, I thought we had turned the corner.

However, his perception of one of his strengths may in fact be his weakness. Tactical overthinking!

I'm Thinking his last appointment at MFC was a decent manager brought together with talented but under performing players.

However, after numerous jobs and failure to kick on in his managerial quest, I'm starting to think that he might not be able to reverse our fortunes. Whether that is down to the standard of players we currently have and the ability to carry out his instructions, I don't know.

One thing is for sure though, he needs to quickly sort out this mess and put points on the board. This constant tinkering, IMO, is going to reward us with the averages seen of late, which could see us in the play off position.

Fingers crossed he works out the best formation quickly and puts on a decent run prior to the split. The time for major changes is end of season and preseason when we've already secured our future in the top league.

The players have been absolutely atrocious - some of the goals we have been leaking have been criminal. Maybe we should encourage the manager to go back to a more draconian way of man management till we sort out the issues - instead of allowing 2 of his players out to the Corinthian to get pished straight after such a demoralising loss.

Capture.JPG

:lol: what?

Does your line manager keep on top of what you do, in your own free time? What would you say if your line manager "forbid" you from going out on a Saturday night?

What a load of nonsense. What two 30-odd year old men do when they're not at work is up to them, not Mark McGhee.

• Like 4

:lol: what?

Does your line manager keep on top of what you do, in your own free time? What would you say if your line manager "forbid" you from going out on a Saturday night?

What a load of nonsense. What two 30-odd year old men do when they're not at work is up to them, not Mark McGhee.

This is one of the reasons Scottish football has never progressed. European players have a totally different philosophy regarding drinking and diet.

However as a Scot abroad, I'm hypocritical as my drinking habits haven't changed. Many Swiss look at the Scots contingency out here as fun guys but heavy drinkers.

Hope Faddy and Skippy had a good night out

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm how much they had to drink??

Probably a half pint of shandy.

Have to say, these two are bad examples when talking about Scottish drinking culture!

Both probably model professionals!

However, generally, the drinking culture is holding back Scottish football.

Whilst the point stands about booze/health and the professional game in Scotland; it was meant as tongue in cheek to highlight the straws some clutch at (why I used the word draconian) - only posted it cos my mate had his picture taken with him!

Each to their own for interpretation, and all that! FWIW it's not Motherwell only, the team currently 2nd in the league were also having a quiet pint in the village hotel in Glasgow after their match v Partick got abandoned on Friday night.

football player's are just as entitled too a social life as anybody else,but the way thing's are going our lot they shouldn't have the chance too be out boozing on a saturday night they should training first thing on sunday morning too try and get to the bottom of some of the problems were seeing during games.

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't won at parkhead since McGhee... Hadn't won at NDP since McGhee..... what a guy!

And...

Hadn't had so many divided opinions amongst the support since McGhee (or do the majority hate him? I am never quite sure on this.). Love him or hate him, as long as he steers us to safety all is well.