Mark McGhee

jazz

Surprised that we're discussing the new Celtic manager on our Forum under "Mark McGhee". There will be wall to wall coverage in the media for anyone so inclined. If we must discuss it there could be a thread under "General Football". Personally I've no interest in this whatsoever, but just think our forum should be our forum.

• Like 3

If we want to be self sustainable then we have to welcome any move that raises the profile of Scottish football.

Brendan Rodgers is a terrific appointment that should eventually result in a better standard of player fancying a move to Scotland.

Do you really believe that guff even if Scottish clubs had millions to spend the quality players wont come anywhere near the Scottish premiership, if they have options elsewhere. Rodgers will soon wake up and realse that he wont have the millions he had at Swansea or Liverpool and will have to recruit on a budget like the rest of the league.

Do you really believe that guff even if Scottish clubs had millions to spend the quality players wont come anywhere near the Scottish premiership, if they have options elsewhere. Rodgers will soon wake up and realse that he wont have the millions he had at Swansea or Liverpool and will have to recruit on a budget like the rest of the league.

The level of player coming to Scotland is a relative low in my 25 years of watching football. While the increasing financial gulf is a an almost impossible hinderence to overcome, any improvement to the Scottish profile can only be a positive IMO.

I do like Brendan Rodgers, I think he's an unbelievable appointment for Celtic and he will definitely be an asset to the league...but if you watched the "Being Liverpool" documentary a few years back, he is genuinely a real life David Brent.

But aye, any manager who Louis Suarez credits as making him the player he is, coming to Scotland whilst still so young and in the prime of his career, is a fantastic appointment whether you like Celtic or not.

• Like 2

I do like Brendan Rodgers, I think he's an unbelievable appointment for Celtic and he will definitely be an asset to the league...but if you watched the "Being Liverpool" documentary a few years back, he is genuinely a real life David Brent.

That's pretty much where my comedy manager quote is coming from having seen that doc on the telly over here. There's no doubt he'll do fine in Scotland but I've never been able to take him seriously since. I'm sure he's gutted, like.