Mark McGhee

jazz

Some glaringly obvious question conspicuous by their absence from that post match interview.

McGhee also appeared to take zero responsibility for the his decisions impacting on the players and hardly seemed that upset or even bothered.

Poor show all round.

Some glaringly obvious question conspicuous by their absence from that post match interview.

McGhee also appeared to take zero responsibility for the his decisions impacting on the players and hardly seemed that upset or even bothered.

Poor show all round.

Never get the questions we the fans would like tae ask after a game when the Interviewer is an employee of the club, never happen. I like McGhee and I'm glad he's back but I wasn't impressed by his attitude in the interview either Milo.

Most managers don't say what they are really thinking in post-match interviews. What happens in the changing room stays in the changing room and all that.

We'll see by the reaction in the next game if what he actually said to the players made a difference.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Regardless of McGhee in or out, if the club is "poisoned" then it's been poisoned for the last 40+ years as historically we are involved on bottom half relegation struggles more often than any other kind of season.

Look at McLean's league record to see what is typical for a manager many regarded as successful.

Regardless of McGhee in or out, if the club is "poisoned" then it's been poisoned for the last 40+ years as historically we are involved on bottom half relegation struggles more often than any other kind of season.

Look at McLean's league record to see what is typical for a manager many regarded as successful.

Poisonous is admittedly the wrong word but there is a sense of something untoward in recent years. Reckless spending, numerous off-field appointments that have failed, poor preparation of squad for Starjnan season, the questionable transfer of ownership, the farce that is the Well Society and failure of the team to turn up for cup games time after time after time.

It's a combination of a lot of things. Being "Jobs for the boi's FC" doesn't help either.

If you are going to keep senior players in the team to help young players, they have to be far better than the rest in their prime so they still have some quality when their legs go. Unfortunately most of our senior pro's were bang average in their prime. Lasley was an average SPL player 5 years ago, now he's one of those pro's who should be playing at a lesser level.

• Like 2

There's absolutely no doubt that the players on the pitch are a major part of the problem.

There is next to no quality in any position and every single player is either past it, not good enough, not interested, petulant and any other negative adjective you care to throw at them. There also clearly appears to be several trouble makers who will spit the dummy out if things aren't going their way.

Another massive problem though is the manager putting out ridiculous line ups (Hearts recently) and today, which several people have accurately described as "St Mirren in the cup in 2009" all over again. Not bringing Moult on earlier was madness and what happened to "unleashing Ainsworth"?!??

I didn't want McGhee back but I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt so long as the team was doing the business. Barr a brief run in December we now look as hopeless as we ever were under Barraclough and McCalls last months.

As I have said previously, McGhee now has 2 games to save his Motherwell career for me. A minimum of 4 points from the Killie and Utd games, which I think we'll be doing well to take a point from that.

The (avoidable) pumping at Tynecastle has triggered a death spin that we can't get out of and when the POD and Cooper start lambasting the manager that essentially announces the club is a crisis point.

I appreciate that McGhee's made some dodgy selections and substitutions but should he not at least be allowed to bring in a few of his own players before being told to F off? McGhee's big on being able to trust his players and from the last week it doesn't look as if there's too many there that he can trust to perform for 90 minutes.