Mark McGhee

jazz

So we dump McGhee with 13 games to go an spend a few weeks with everybody getting orgasmic about bringing back Valakari or van der Gaag or some other ex player with dubious managerial records is that the way to keep the club out of the relegation issue i think not. Granted McGhees tactics have been bizarre the last few games but i still think he has the experience to get the team winning again.

• Like 3

Why does it matter who recomended him its not as if he did not have the experience for the job ? Thats what board members should do identify potential candidates etc not sure what point you are trying to make.

I agree with ye...

I am not making any point just saying who I know who came with the suggestion....rather than a previous post alluding to someone but not saying the name.

The last two league performances have been very poor but people need to remember where we were last season and even at the beginning of this season.

People also need to remember we are 6 points from a Top 6 place and 12 points from bottom. The amount of negativity that comes from our fan base can't be dismissed as one of the big problems at the club. Within 7 minutes of start of the match, fans were screaming abuse at players and for the second week in a row I saw fans screaming at each other.

Last week we lost to a world class goal in the last minute and people called the performance a "tactical disaster". This week, when 2 wins on the trot would see us shoot up the league, people are taking about "oblivion" and inevitable relegation.

Sadly we live in an era where people are conditioned into extremes. Everything is the best ever or the worst ever when actually it's not. Our fans need to take a long step back and here and look at what is actually going on.

Are we in a good position - no, was it a sore one today - yes, but there is a hell of a lot of football still to be played the reaction to what is in effect two poor performances, is totally over the top.

This time last season we took 1 point from 24, just remember that before you lay the blame of the world at Mark McGhee.

• Like 7

Just seen the goals on sky news.

Wait till you see McManus at their 2nd! He must've gave a good 10-15% effort in trying to close the scorer down then block the shot. So pretty much in line with his entire Motherwell career then.

We're not at 1 point in 24 yet, but we are now at 2 in 15 and after Tuesday will almost certainly be 2 in 18. Not exactly a boot in the baws of that horror stat.

I'm struggling to see any particular positive aspect at our current predicament and I'd personally rather call it now, rather than wait till Utd go a point behind us or we go 4-0 down to Hibs in the play offs.

Just seen the goals on sky news.

Wait till you see McManus at their 2nd! He must've gave a good 10-15% effort in trying to close the scorer down then block the shot. So pretty much in line with his entire Motherwell career then.

We're not at 1 point in 24 yet, but we are now at 2 in 15 and after Tuesday will almost certainly be 2 in 18. Not exactly a boot in the baws of that horror stat.

I'm struggling to see any particular positive aspect at our current predicament and I'd personally rather call it now, rather than wait till Utd go a point behind us or we go 4-0 down to Hibs in the play offs.

That remains to be seen.

What is actually fact though is that Barraclough lost the same number of games in August as McGhee has in three months of league fixtures.

There's no denying Barraclough was a disastrous appointment and had to go but off the top of my head McGhee has lost 7 games and I'm quite sure we didn't play as many games as that in August.

Either way we're out of the frying pan and into the fire and the same personnel issues haven been eradicated.