Mark McGhee

jazz

I'd like to share your optimisim but this isn't the first sign of trouble, that was weeks ago. I'd like to see him put this right but I don't think he has the time to turn things round. I think he should go now.

And your opinion has more validity than mine, I have to admit. You've seen the team play much more and you pay your money at the gate to have an opinion, I don't. You have every right to demand the manager's head when you think he isn't good enough. I can only go by the general principle that any club needs to be sure it can replace its current manager with someone better, and I think McGhee is a good manager capable of putting this right. I think/hope he's good enough, but the pressure is on. Bottom of the league halfway through the season is a big worry, but there's time. It's tight down there, so a couple of wins can change the outlook. It's the lack of goals that McGhee has to put right immediately.

You can moan until you are blue in the face but this is our team and if anyone else is would like to suggest a manager they think would do a better job, is available, is willing to come to Motherwell and suggest how we stub up the money to pay off the rest of McGhee's contract and strengthen the team in January, then lets hear it.

Nothing is going to change personnel wise so you might as well support the team or just go away and come back again when things are looking good again.

Looks like its going to be a long hard season but all the 'pitchfork and flaming torches' stuff doesn't actually help anyone so sup it up.

You can moan until you are blue in the face but this is our team and if anyone else is would like to suggest a manager they think would do a better job, is available, is willing to come to Motherwell and suggest how we stub up the money to pay off the rest of McGhee's contract well and strengthen the team in January, then lets hear it.

Nothing is going to change personnel wise so you might as well support the team or just go away and come back again when things are looking good again.

Looks like its going to be a long hard season but all the 'pitchfork and flaming torches' stuff doesn't actually help anyone so sup it up.

You'll be supping it up yourself mate. The support at FP even last season when the team were playing well was piss poor so just watch it now. :lol:

I think a lot of fans think he has lost the dressing room as well but that's not an excuse for professional players to be playing like a bunch of amateurs. The buck stops with McGhee but these players have to take some sort of responsibility as well. I'm sure a lot of us don't like our bosses but we need to get out there and do our jobs to the best of our abilities. I think he should have gone to Hearts, he wanted to go, he just didn't want to leave himself in a situation where the Hearts job fell through and he had resigned at Motherwell and ended up with nothing. He's getting paid a bomb to manage Motherwell but there are people at Fir Park who won't be getting paid handsomely and whose jobs might be at risk if we end up playing first division football. Oh and if John Boyle is watching, if you don't dust off your chequebook soon, it's division 1 for us. Lets not kid ourselves on either that we would be relegated and straight back up again.

I remember noticing exactly the same thing about Malpas when he was in charge. Couldn't give a shit about results or what was going on.

looking at mcghee standing there today he looked exactly like malpas did the game we got fucked up at dunfermline 4-1.

Oh aye, if we go down we will stay there.

We have no right to be in the SPL anyway - look at Dundee, a bigger club than us but down there for ages.

Very much could be a gates closed and key thorwn away situation - we will not survive a drop.

That's my fear. I can still remember Killie and St Johnstone kicking around the lower reaches for a LONG time before finally getting things turned aroudn again in better financial times. Same goes for St Mirren and Plastic Whistle.

his reaction at Douglas Park gave the impression hes not bothered. Scott leith was throwing water bottles about McGhee never got animated all game. He looked as if his heart may not be in it anymore. :lol:

I don't think his heart was in it last season either, UEFA cup football or not.

if we get relegated and boyle is still in charge there could be some really dark days ahead.the whole club would change and we could be stuck in the 1st division for a long time no many teams bounce back fae relegation straight away

Mark McGhee ,

stop moaning about having no money, no-one else has either and they dont cry constantly about it!! and we would if you hadnt duped Boyle into doubling your contract.

start training and preparing your team properly, none of this "we arent gonna win cause there no confidence" shite, we have some of the best players in the league outside the Old Firm, if you cant get them fit, and get them motivated just WALK!

its a novel idea but play the players in their natural positions!! Quinn is not a centre midfielder,Reynolds is showing he isnt a centre defender and McGarry shows every week he isnt a footballer of any description!

quite simply, start earning your over inflated wage or fuck off into the sunset!

we have some of the best players in the league outside the Old Firm

I'm sorry, but no we don't. We have some 'good' players in Porter, Hughes and Reynolds, but none of them are currently performing. The rest are bog standard average to mediocre at best.

We are basically just like the majority of the clubs outwith the Old Firm, it's just that we are probably the easiest side to score against and beat.

I'm sorry, but no we don't. We have some 'good' players in Porter, Hughes and Reynolds, but none of them are currently performing. The rest are bog standard average to mediocre at best.

We are basically just like the majority of the clubs outwith the Old Firm, it's just that we are probably the easiest side to score against and beat.

Welcome back :lol:

Totally agree

I agree that they are not performing at the mo but that wasnt my point, Its a fact we do have some of the best players in the league outside Rangers+Celtic! Name strikers better than Porter, midfielders better than Hughes, keepers better than Smith! even the average guys like Reynolds,Craigan,Lasley,Clarkson would probably walk into Killie,Falkirk,St Mirren,Caley, Hamiltons teams so dont tell me we dont have the players

I wouldn't sack MMG but as I said before, he needs to pull a good few fingers out of arses and get them playing (ON THE FECKIN DECK :blink: ) and at least show a degree of confidence - we lose the first goal in a game and we're seriosly toiling - fact !

Get sleeves rolled up MMG and get this sorted NOW

MON RA DOSSERS

The simple fact is that the club cannot afford to sack MMG due to his hefty contract, we will have to hope he can lead a revival and (for a change) make significant moves in the transfer window, that is vital.