Mark McGhee

jazz

I wouldn't sack MMG but as I said before, he needs to pull a good few fingers out of arses and get them playing (ON THE FECKIN DECK :blink: ) and at least show a degree of confidence - we lose the first goal in a game and we're seriosly toiling - fact !

Get sleeves rolled up MMG and get this sorted NOW

MON RA DOSSERS

I agree mate, thing is the board won't sack him as hastily as some would like, maybe loyalty due to last seasons triumphs and rightly so tbh.I think we should give him until the caley game next week and if there is no improvement or no win ... he should walk.

I agree that they are not performing at the mo but that wasnt my point, Its a fact we do have some of the best players in the league outside Rangers+Celtic! Name strikers better than Porter, midfielders better than Hughes, keepers better than Smith! even the average guys like Reynolds,Craigan,Lasley,Clarkson would probably walk into Killie,Falkirk,St Mirren,Caley, Hamiltons teams so dont tell me we dont have the players

"Name strikers better than Porter" - Derek Riordan & Steven Fletcher are both as good as if not better than Porter IMO.

"midfielders better than Hughes" - Laryea Kingston, Andrew Driver,James McArthur. All as good as, and (on this season's evidence)if not better than Hughes.

And anway, I've already acknowledged that those two are our 'better players'.

And keepers better than Smith? You seriously don't think that Alan Combe or that Zaluska at Dundee Utd are better than Smith???

Loyalty won't mean anything when we get relegated, which we will, if we keep up this form. McGhee will be ok one way or another, if he walks or he is sacked he'll get another job. It won't just be players/managers on the line if we go down, it will be office/backroom staff as well, people who get paid a pittance compared to McGhee. There's loyalty and there's blind loyalty. There's nothing to stop McGhee walking out. So what, we would be managerless going into the ICT game. Would anyone notice the difference, can morale get any lower than it currently is? Malpas didn't get us relegated and he went, on this showing, we are heading towards the SPL exit door. It's not fans who need to stand up and be counted at the moment, it's McGhee and at a time where he could/should be showing a bit of honesty/despair at the plight we are in, we get yet more pathetic excuses. Time to go.

Im not disputing some of the guys you say are as good or better than these guys but as ive said, Porter,Hughes etc are among the best in the league outside OF, they are good players and definately better than our current league situation. The fact is they are not performing anywhere near their capabilities and questions need to be asked and answered

The simple fact is that the club cannot afford to sack MMG due to his hefty contract, we will have to hope he can lead a revival and (for a change) make significant moves in the transfer window, that is vital.

Very pertinent. And if we DID sack him, what message does that send to his successor given the success that McGhee had just one year previously. Who wants to work for a board that has such an itchy trigger finger?

Exactly, come on, get a grip, things are bad, but we are not in a position to keep sacking managers, just not gonna happen.

And even if he did go, who on Earth could we get to replace him, realistically?

Scott Leitch? Aye, cause he worked wonders at Ross County.

I think we need a change of style from McGhee on two fronts.

Off the park we need an honest appraisal of where we sit now and what we are going to do to make steps to rectify the situation. I don't want to read things like we'll only play football the right way when when in the last year we've gone from some of the classiest football from a Motherwell team in a generation to a one dimensional long ball outfit. I want to read about positive moves you intend making with the resources you do have, not negativity about what you don't have and can't do. And I most certainly don't want to hear you talking about other teams and players like Aiden McGeady during the week when you have an important task at hand which should have your 100% focus.

On the park its all so predictable just now. I want to see the end of this long ball nonsense which has got us nowhere for weeks. Not only is it ineffectual its absolute crap to watch. If it takes the likes of McHugh, Saunders and Murphy etc. to show a bit of determination, passion and hunger then so be it, its surely got to be worth a try now to try to kick-start things. I would normally be against throwing loads of laddies in but what do we have to lose?

How many times have we seen McGarry appear purpled faced on the wrong win, checking back because he doesn't have the pace. How many crosses will Stevie Hammell crack off the defenders arse? How many defensive balls up will we give opposition teams goals from nothing?

I'm not calling for your head. You've given me some fantastic times in your tenure but the apparent unwillingness to change things on the park and some soundbytes that would appear not to fully appreciate the seriousness of the situation.

So Mark not a change of job for yet, but definitely time for a change of style.

Too many people after bad spells want managers sacked thats the easy way out. MMG needs to change his own thought's on the game. Trying to play silky football isn't how to get the team out a relagation battle.

I'd say that's exactly where we're going wrong - a hump up the park is NOT trying to play silky football.

MON RA DOSSERS

We havent been trying to play silky football in weeks and thats the problem! when we do we can cut apart anyone in the league,but just now all were content to do is lump long balls! wrong tactics,wrong players picked and zero back up as well just adds to the problems

Now that i've calmed down from today's disgracefull showing i have to say there's been a lot of good posts on this thread. It's correct that we wont sack MM as it would cost too much money i cant believe either that he's became a crap manager but he really needs to start dropping players and kicking arses how McGarry Quinn and Reynolds get a game when they;re pants every week is beyond me and the 2 'signings' of O'Brien and the injured/midget/pish Krimpl prove to me that he has lost his way a wee bit. The jan transfer window is going to be crucial. I just want us to get back to playing football on the deck. Play players in their best positions and THINK about what he's doing. Our defence is pants and yet the worst of them Reynolds gets a game no matter how bad he is in defence and yet i KNOW he could do a job for is left midfield. Sutton has been pants for weeks now and yet he's also guaranteed a game :blink: McGarry and Quinn can leave in the window and free up some cash to get other people in. It's time to wheel and deal MM ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE TO GET US IN THE RIGHT FIGHTING SPIRIT FOR THE RELEGATION BATTLE. IF NOT THEN WALK AWAY.

Its all very well to say that we should play silky soccer, andI'm desperate for that too, but the hard fact is that we don't have the all the players we require to do it. Up FRONT we could have Murphy, Porter and Clarkson and thats fine in theory. However how many times this term have we played Clarkson or Murphy as out and out strikers? They need service.

With the exception of Stephen Hughes who has been poor for whatever reason this season we really have no-one in the engine room to provide width, pace or creativity - exactly the service our front guys need. When we try to play decent soccer on the deck our breaks out of defence are at snail's pace and totally ineffective against rows of organised defenders.

In short our current options are very limited indeed.

Andy P

I think we need a change of style from McGhee on two fronts.

Off the park we need an honest appraisal of where we sit now and what we are going to do to make steps to rectify the situation. I don't want to read things like we'll only play football the right way when when in the last year we've gone from some of the classiest football from a Motherwell team in a generation to a one dimensional long ball outfit. I want to read about positive moves you intend making with the resources you do have, not negativity about what you don't have and can't do. And I most certainly don't want to hear you talking about other teams and players like Aiden McGeady during the week when you have an important task at hand which should have your 100% focus.

On the park its all so predictable just now. I want to see the end of this long ball nonsense which has got us nowhere for weeks. Not only is it ineffectual its absolute crap to watch. If it takes the likes of McHugh, Saunders and Murphy etc. to show a bit of determination, passion and hunger then so be it, its surely got to be worth a try now to try to kick-start things. I would normally be against throwing loads of laddies in but what do we have to lose?

How many times have we seen McGarry appear purpled faced on the wrong win, checking back because he doesn't have the pace. How many crosses will Stevie Hammell crack off the defenders arse? How many defensive balls up will we give opposition teams goals from nothing?

I'm not calling for your head. You've given me some fantastic times in your tenure but the apparent unwillingness to change things on the park and some soundbytes that would appear not to fully appreciate the seriousness of the situation.

So Mark not a change of job for yet, but definitely time for a change of style.

Excellent post mate! Hits most of the right spots re-our manager.

I said it after the Killie game, the sooner he is away the better. He doesn't look intrested. He has been intrested in one thing himself. I've got a funny feeling he will stay though.

If that is the case, get your finger out your arse mark. Keep your mouth shut, stop talking about how average players like hughes and reynolds can play in a higher league. Get them concentrated on playing for motherwell and get us ot of the mess we are in.

I know it was a rubbish result today alongside a string of rubbish results, but in my opinion it's far far too early to be talking about a change of management.

All this talk of 1st division etc is utter nonsense.. we're not even bottom of the league and it's not even Christmas! Bar last season, 9 seasons out of 10 we always have a shit run of form then bounce back and sort ourselves out. Anyone who's been a well fan for any length of time would know that.

The problem we have is that there's no strength in depth of our squad, that was blatantly obvious today. A couple of shrewd signings here and there could turn things right around. One things for sure, the thing we need to sort out first is the defence. We should look to this before even considering a management change.

We really can be a fickle bunch sometimes. I'm not McGhee's biggest fan, purely because of the way he handles the media, but I've no doubt in my mind that we won't be in the relegation zone by the end of the season.

I know it was a rubbish result today alongside a string of rubbish results, but in my opinion it's far far too early to be talking about a change of management.

All this talk of 1st division etc is utter nonsense.. we're not even bottom of the league and it's not even Christmas! Bar last season, 9 seasons out of 10 we always have a shit run of form then bounce back and sort ourselves out. Anyone who's been a well fan for any length of time would know that.

The problem we have is that there's no strength in depth of our squad, that was blatantly obvious today. A couple of shrewd signings here and there could turn things right around. One things for sure, the thing we need to sort out first is the defence. We should look to this before even considering a management change.

We really can be a fickle bunch sometimes. I'm not McGhee's biggest fan, purely because of the way he handles the media, but I've no doubt in my mind that we won't be in the relegation zone by the end of the season.

I'd like to share your optimism, but I don't. We don't look like a team who will bounce back, our squad is paper thin and there are players who will be off in January. We have a manager who seems to care only about himself and giving spin to the press to take the edge of our current plight. We have fans who are saying they won't be back at Fir Park because of various things that have happened this season. Goal difference is keeping us off bottom spot and we play ICT next week. We cannot go through the rest of the season hoping that Hamilton are going to get beaten every week because at the moment that's the difference between us and the first division. We also have a chairman who doesn't want to spend money, except to double McGhee's wages. I hope that decision doesn't end up costing Motherwell dear.

The problem we have is that there's no strength in depth of our squad, that was blatantly obvious today.

I agree with you Gaag and that we cant change the manager etc

but why is it we have no strength in depth? they were his decisions to clear out and not replace

I'm also quite angry at him again blaming a young boy for not doing the job he was told to do and then having a go at him as he is subbed because the crowd don't like it, does that mean all the more senior players were doing what he told them to?

Guest dannymfc7

I think that Mark McGhee's time should be over and this is not just with regards to the Hamilton game but the last 5 or 6 games we have been awful. Only a few players have seemed as though they want to play for the club. Also when will McGhee learn that 2 big men DOESN'T work up front, better managers have tried and failed!Personally I believe McGhee should be gone before the Scottish Cup tie with Inverurie because at this rate with McGhee's tactics then thats going to be harder than it should be!!!

Torture to watch again today, but I agree as painful at it is at the moment, it's a bit early to be going down the "sack the manager" route for one we just can't afford it financially - end of story!! I would like to see how McGee performs in the transfer market in January. I've thought, like quite a few others, that we must be able to compete and be more imaginative in where and how we look for talent, if other teams can do it then why can't we? we have in the past.

I can't really fault the guys for effort, just no confidence to take anyone on at the moment, along with a serious lack of form from not just one or two of them, which we might be able to hadle, but from most of the team, hence the hopeless long ball. Hopefully some new faces, winning some points and confidence getting boosted as a result and we will be on our way again and playing good football - fingers crossed.

It's just all so predictable we toil for the first 30 - 40mins attacking, have a few near things but never really look like scoring, the other team scores and we have no way back. We relied on getting one or two up last season and holding out to get the victories, but the goals just aren't coming. I'm also sick watching us getting physically bossed all over the park.

As a previous poster has mentioned what is real coming back to bite us on the arse is that we didn't strengthen the squad before the start of the season whether it be down to McGee's head being elsewhere or his pish of "allegedly" only signing players better that what we have - aye right!!

Keep the faith - the only way is up!!

MTID